Hagia Sophia: Turkey turns iconic Istanbul museum into mosque

Gollum

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

Which entity are u referring to ? The Vatican ? Or is it some Western govts ?

I'm curious, what are this entity's actions like, since we don't see direct religion oriented ones like we do in case of Islamic nations ? Throw some light if u don't mind.

Even I thought it will be fun to watch them fight, was ready with popcorn. Hua nahin. I thought liberals world over will show their opposition, but as usual they will not say anything that hurts their Islamophobia wall that they have painstakingly built. Not even Wapo or nytimes which predicted international furore over this issue. Just like Hindus, Christians are phattu too.

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

Which entity are u referring to ? The Vatican ? Or is it some Western govts ?

I'm curious, what are this entity's actions like, since we don't see direct religion oriented ones like we do in case of Islamic nations ? Throw some light if u don't mind.

Said it in lighter vein, but more than Vatican or Western govts I am hoping for blowback from the Orthodox Church. Those folks are very political and have weight in multiple govts in that part of the world, countries like Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia, Poland, Romania, Cyprus, Georgia etc. and one common theme in all these countries is the anti-Muslim sentiment, history plays a big part as well and there is lot of bad blood between those 2 warring religions (unlike in India both sides were persecuted over the centuries). 

Even look at Russia for that matter, the Orthodox Church over there is growing in strength and in cahoots with Putin, the Russian Church has a lot of say in Kremlin, a far cry from USSR days. In some places like Chechnya/Dagestan Russkies have compromised but outside the Caucasus, Muslims don't have an easy time. Look at how Tatars are treated, in Kazan they are being forced to come back to the Orthodox Christian fold. 

Neither side is our friend/ally, so just sit back and watch them duel. I have no sympathy for Orthodox Christians, those folks are extremely kattar and give our Hindu brethren a tough time, after a Putin-MMS meet some 10 years back Russian Orthodox Church constructed a church in our national capital but when it came to building a temple in Moscow (quid pro quo) they didn't honour that part of the agreement, in fact harassed and threatened the Indian community there. Hindus in Russia are persecuted/humiliated on a regular basis and ISKCON faces a torrid time at the hands of these people throughout that region including Eastern Europe. Watching dharmics mourn this decision on SM is funny, I say good riddance. We shouldn't get emotionally invested, those two groups have been ripping each other's throats since time immemorial and both hate us, so let them continue. 

Edited by Gollum