South Africa promise Sehwag chin music

Feed

Sehwag's weakness to ball cramping him and onto his rib cage is well known. Laughable that M. Arthur is making a "new discovery"! Gambit: Not just Jermaine Lawson, even Brett Lee in the ODI series after Tests in 2004 exploited this. Lee got both SRT and VS with this onto the ribcage and caught at leg slip. Sehwag will always have this weakness, but on Indian pitches I dont know how effective short pitch bowling will be.

Sehwag will always have this weakness, but on Indian pitches I dont know how effective short pitch bowling will be.
He has this weakness because of his stillness at the crease...which is also his strength. However, he can and should develop a strategy to counter these deliveries...instead of riding it and fending it high...he has to sway back or forward, hands dropped. I am sure they have worked with him on appropriate action. Let's see how well he implements it.
Sehwag's weakness to ball cramping him and onto his rib cage is well known. Laughable that M. Arthur is making a "new discovery"! Gambit: Not just Jermaine Lawson, even Brett Lee in the ODI series after Tests in 2004 exploited this. Lee got both SRT and VS with this onto the ribcage and caught at leg slip. Sehwag will always have this weakness, but on Indian pitches I dont know how effective short pitch bowling will be.
I said Lawson and WI were the first. And I don't even remember Lee getting Sehwag and Sachin out in that ODI series in 2004 in that fashion. In fact, Sehwag wasn't even dismissed by Lee in that series.
Gambit: Not just Jermaine Lawson, even Brett Lee in the ODI series after Tests in 2004 exploited this. Lee got both SRT and VS with this onto the ribcage and caught at leg slip.
IIRC, they were caught at fine leg/backward square-leg just inside the circle flicking, finey, not fending the short ball.

Sehwag quite comfortably gets under the bouncers. He can hit sixes over the slip cordon...he has learned that shot well from his master. I am not bothered about chin music from saffies.....when Sehwag starts his raga, they will have a tough time understanding the rythm.

^ Yes, both SRT and Sehwag were out caught off the bowling of Lee, at short fineleg or legslip? Tapioca says flicking and not fending...umm maybe? Anyone else remember flicking or fending?
Tapioca is right. I'm not even sure how short the balls were. Both dismissals were to flicks down the leg side that should have been four, but happened to be caught quite superbly.