Ashwin's YouTube channel

Gollum

On 3/15/2024 at 11:23 AM, BacktoCricaddict said:

This is the primary responsibility of the coaching staff, no?  They have all sorts of analytics at their disposal. Other than this and correcting technical errors, what work do the batting and bowling coaches have?

I have told this many times, India is winning inspite of Dravid as a coach.If India has to win world cup they have to overcome Dravid's blunders.

I have not seen one coaching move or adjustment from Dravid.He has been sitting on his behind and screwing this team royally.

When whole world was screaming to drop Rahul in t20 world cup or atleast let him down the order., he still kept playing him as opener where he promptly failed in semi finals.

He did the same thing with Bharat.He is relucant to give new players a chance nor he is helping players.He drops young players without any reason even after performing like he dropped both Ishan and Ravi Bishnoi.

1 hour ago, Kron said:

This was india at 50% and ashwin on the decline yet he still averaged 24 lol. 

Imagine at full strength and everyone fully fit and firing 

he would have an avg of 15 this series at his peak, instead of 24. he displayed his peak-type form only in last 2 tests.

25 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he would have an avg of 15 this series at his peak, instead of 24. he displayed his peak-type form only in last 2 tests.

For sure. Bumrah though was outstanding. All he needs to do now Is just perform like that in a wtc final if we make It. He has choked like steyn did in odi in the last wtc final. 

He did well in the odi wc 23 on a shite pitch but yea. Wtc we need to win something. He is the man. He has to do it

Just now, Kron said:

For sure. Bumrah though was outstanding. All he needs to do now Is just perform like that in a wtc final if we make It. He has choked like steyn did in odi in the last wtc final. 

He did well in the odi wc 23 on a shite pitch but yea. Wtc we need to win something. He is the man. He has to do it

Boomer might bowl in key matches as he did in 5th test. wayward, lacking hostility, uninterested, etc

20 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Boomer might bowl in key matches as he did in 5th test. wayward, lacking hostility, uninterested, etc

He will come good this time I think If we make it which we should. 

I think we will lose 3-2 to Aussies this time due to law of averages but we will see.

1 minute ago, Kron said:

He will come good this time I think If we make it which we should. 

I think we will lose 3-2 to Aussies this time due to law of averages but we will see.

let's see. he is not consistently hungry. goes all loose and lackadaiscal at times.

Basically said that batting for England began and ended with Crawley and Duckett who consistently got to 50-0 type scores in no time and made it very difficult to bowl to them because one is a freakishly tall oaf and other is a leprechaun who need very different lengths. He is right in that India were there for the taking this series with the number of young players and debutants and England didn't manage to make the pressure count multiple times this series. 

Secret to countering Bazball - also in a way the challenge - is having enough runs to play with as the stock balls will go for lot of runs even if they can easily take wickets with calculated risks. It's less about looking to hit every ball rather than just not using defence much as an option. He said if Australia were in this series one or 2 matches might have been draws due to the pitches but because of the way England play they produced results. 

Edited by rollingstoned
4 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

Basically said that batting for England began and ended with Crawley and Duckett who consistently got to 50-0 type scores in no time and made it very difficult to bowl to them because one is a freakishly tall oaf and other is a leprechaun who need very different lengths. He is right in that India were there for the taking this series with the number of young players and debutants and England didn't manage to make the pressure count multiple times this series. 

Secret to countering Bazball - also in a way the challenge - is having enough runs to play with as the stock balls will go for lot of runs even if they can easily take wickets with calculated risks. It's less about looking to hit every ball rather than just not using defence much as an option. He said if Australia were in this series one or 2 matches might have been draws due to the pitches but because of the way England play they produced results. 

We should try paddikal with Sharna opening. That would be confusing for bowlers. 

Great teams had polar opposite combos that worked

Hayden Langer

Come to mind.

On 3/20/2024 at 8:58 AM, Kron said:

We should try paddikal with Sharna opening. That would be confusing for bowlers. 

Great teams had polar opposite combos that worked

Hayden Langer

Come to mind.

why would jaiswal not open?

Just now, Kron said:

Sorry that was a mistake by me. Yes jaiswal ofcourse. How did I forget that.

potato won't be around for long. we will need a second opener.

if shaw had not gone off the rails, we could have had short RHB (shaw)  + taller LHB (jaiswal)

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

potato won't be around for long. we will need a second opener.

if shaw had not gone off the rails, we could have had short RHB (shaw)  + taller LHB (jaiswal)

That's interesting. Well shaw seems to have got his confidence back. Atleast with ladies by the looks of it. Got a transplant or? Something happened. 

3 hours ago, Kron said:

That's interesting. Well shaw seems to have got his confidence back. Atleast with ladies by the looks of it. Got a transplant or? Something happened. 

he was never lacking in that respect, but it has little bearing on cricket.