Sporting pitches? MY FOOT!

Chaos

I would rather India battle it out on sporting wickets than see a dull series win like the last against Pak. We want to remove Aus from No 1 spot' date=' dont we? So lets prove it now. Whats the point of being the India of 90s where we produced square turners? If we dont learn to play on sporting tracks we dont deserve being No. 2.[/quote'] but who says that turners arent sporting wickets .. its a different pitch and its India's strength. We should play to our strength
I would rather India battle it out on sporting wickets than see a dull series win like the last against Pak. We want to remove Aus from No 1 spot' date=' dont we? So lets prove it now. Whats the point of being the India of 90s where we produced square turners? If we dont learn to play on sporting tracks we dont deserve being No. 2.[/quote'] hello uncle wake up, sub continent = spin. And SA sucks at playin spin. Why not give them big turners like they do give us pure green pitches in sa
hello uncle wake up' date=' sub continent = spin. And SA sucks at playin spin. Why not give them big turners like they do give us pure green pitches in sa[/quote'] Do you know for how many years India has been the subject of ridicule becasue of that policy? for how long we were unable to win overseas? India is going through a transition phase. Do you want our youngsters to remain FTBs or rather STBs(Spin track bullies)?
but who says that turners arent sporting wickets .. its a different pitch and its India's strength. We should play to our strength
I dont think spin is India's strength anymore. Kumble is past it and Bhajji is average. Also people under-estimate SA's capacity to play spin particularly because if their poor performances against Warne. But we dont have a Warne. Our strength is good seam bowlers. All our recent victiories were because of our seam bowlers.
Do you know for how many years India has been the subject of ridicule becasue of that policy? for how long we were unable to win overseas? India is going through a transition phase. Do you want our youngsters to remain FTBs or rather STBs(Spin track bullies)?
i would rather stay dominant at home FIRST and then try to conquer the world. THere is a saying, but my brain aint working now
my two cent, we shud have caught SA with spin pitches. Do u think they'll make spin pitches in SA (for intl matches) and give India any advantage?
Yes, what I was saying that there is VERY little chance that SA will fold on a spin pitch with our average spinenrs. Remember England series, or the few series before Pak's tour? How many series we won on spinning tracks?
i would rather stay dominant at home FIRST and then try to conquer the world. THere is a saying' date=' but my brain aint working now[/quote'] We are NOT going to dominate at home with spinning tracks. Please check all the latest series at home, except for the one against Pak how many have we dominated. All the series we did dominate were on pithces which had something where our fast bowlers played a role. why do you assume that SA will fold if it is a spinning track?

Hindsight is always good. Indian fast bowlers have done well overseas and it's all but natural the pitch was prepared to favour the bowlers after the road that was prepared in Chennai. I'm sure India can still bounce back.

Hindsight is always good. Indian fast bowlers have done well overseas and it's all but natural the pitch was prepared to favour the bowlers after the road that was prepared in Chennai. I'm sure India can still bounce back.
in this Test or in next Test, Ravi???
but Ravi , didnt they notice that African bowlers bowl at 145 kms/h and Indians 130 ... having said that , I think India's batting wasnt great either ... I also think India can still win
@desi: :hysterical:
in this Test or in next Test, Ravi??? @desi: :hysterical:
Oh well Finey, you never give India a chance ever anyways. Doesn't matter whether India scored 500 or 50 you would still find some issues :D Unfortunately sports is like this, it's quite unpredictable.

Now THIS is a test match Loving it so far. Good pitch. 14 wickets have already fallen. SA's firing squad led by Steyn-Gun assassinated the entire Indian batting and now Sree and Harby are firing back. Steyn's performances in India are reminiscent of AD's success here in 1996 and 2000. If India get Saffies for under 200, we are one Sehwag knock away from victory.

hello uncle wake up' date=' sub continent = spin. And SA sucks at playin spin. Why not give them big turners like they do give us pure green pitches in sa[/quote'] thats true we should have pitches to our strengths, that one of the main reasons of having home team advantage i dont mind green wickets, but like you mentioned earlier, its not clever to have them when our main players are missing