Pathan set to face the axe, RP not safe

AHMEDABAD, April 5: India's three-day defeat in Motera will definitely see heads roll when the team for the third and final Test against South Africa is selected here on Sunday. With injuries (genuine and faked) being reported by players in order to get fit for the lucrative IPL Twenty20 tourney, and the seeming reluctance of players to risk them in Test matches, the selectors have their task cut out. :omg: Irfan Pathan might have done his batting average no harm by remaining unbeaten in both innings, but his ordinary performance with the ball is expected to go against him. The selectors are not expected to take kindly to the fact that Pathan could barely generate any movement or pace and on at least seven occasions, the ball reached wicketkeeper Dhoni on the second bounce. Left certainly doesn't seem right for the selectors as RP Singh too is set to be shown the exit door if Ishant Sharma passes the fitness Test in Bangalore on Sunday. It will mean that the UP seamer, who has been ordinary in both the Tests, will not feature at Green Park, his home ground. His place, though, might go to statemate Praveen Kumar, who took eight wickets in the Ranji Trophy final against Delhi in Mumbai in January. The performance put him on the plane to Australia for the triseries. It'll be just reward for the man-of-the-match in the second final as he can move the ball consistently and though he is not very quick, he is sharp and can run in all day. Sreesanth, who looked the most penetrative of the Indian bowlers, will retain his place if his reported shoulder injury is not serious. However, if both Ishant and Sreesanth are unfit for Kanpur, then Munaf Patel is all set to return from the wilderness. The spin department picks itself, with Kumble and Harbhajan Singh expected to play. Leg-spinner Piyush Chawla will also be in the squad. The young bowler could come into the picture if the wicket in Kanpur is a rank turner. The batsmen can breathe easy for the time being, including Sourav Ganguly, who batted brilliantly on Saturday. However, MS Dhoni could be given a rest because of his back and finger injury. Link
Guest Hiten.

I think injured Indian players should sue TOI's ass for reporting their injuries as 'fake'. What fcking proof does TOI have to print that story ?

I think injured Indian players should sue TOI's ass for reporting their injuries as 'fake'. What fcking proof does TOI have to print that story ?
TOI's journalists are a bunch of b-ch0ds. Come to think of it, that entire newspaper is the most pathetic media institution i've ever seen. I used to be an avid reader, liked the columns written by Ayaz Memon and other reputable journos, but ever since the '03 World Cup it just got worse and worse. There are no standards for those writers - they just write sensationalized, gossipy crap. Unfortunately, many Indians lap that s-hit right up. You can pick out some retarded "TOI readers" right here, on this forum. I haven't read it or even frequented the website for about 4 years now. The website was a piece of sh it too - a million pop-ups, crappy ads all over the place. From what i've heard, it hasn't changed much. Bottomline - stay the hell away from TOI, or most Indian newspapers for that matter. "The Hindu" is the only one worth reading.
TOI's journalists are a bunch of b-ch0ds. Come to think of it, that entire newspaper is the most pathetic media institution i've ever seen. I used to be an avid reader, liked the columns written by Ayaz Memon and other reputable journos, but ever since the '03 World Cup it just got worse and worse. There are no standards for those writers - they just write sensationalized, gossipy crap. Unfortunately, many Indians lap that s-hit right up. You can pick out some retarded "TOI readers" right here, on this forum.:omg: I haven't read it or even frequented the website for about 4 years now. The website was a piece of sh it too - a million pop-ups, crappy ads all over the place. From what i've heard, it hasn't changed much. Bottomline - stay the hell away from TOI, or most Indian newspapers for that matter. "The Hindu" is the only one worth reading.
Dont call me retard ..:cry_smile: It used to be the the best newspaper in Northern India but in the last few years it has become more like Punjab Kesari.
TOI's journalists are a bunch of b-ch0ds. Come to think of it, that entire newspaper is the most pathetic media institution i've ever seen. I used to be an avid reader, liked the columns written by Ayaz Memon and other reputable journos, but ever since the '03 World Cup it just got worse and worse. There are no standards for those writers - they just write sensationalized, gossipy crap. Unfortunately, many Indians lap that s-hit right up. You can pick out some retarded "TOI readers" right here, on this forum. I haven't read it or even frequented the website for about 4 years now. The website was a piece of sh it too - a million pop-ups, crappy ads all over the place. From what i've heard, it hasn't changed much. Bottomline - stay the hell away from TOI, or most Indian newspapers for that matter. "The Hindu" is the only one worth reading.
I don't trust Times of India anymore. Hindu is always more reliable, and even NDTV are more reliable than Times. It has become more of a gossip newspaper than actually reporting the factual news. I am quite angered that it has the audacity to say that our players are faking injuries.