Exciting new Cricket Blogs..and how to promote them..?

I just read The IPL Watch and found their latest post was about Ajay Jadeja taking a dig at the IPL. No spamming, pardner And I agree with the editors at The IPL Watch. Only in India do people like Jadeja who have quite a history get prime time TV and Print space. I mean, who the **** is he? IPL is a noble concept. And success or faliure, it is worth a try. What do you guys think?

..I see that you were trying to promote your blog, no problems with that. We believe in two-way traffic, so hopefully your blog becomes successful and you can mention us ..other than that, we will have our own version of IPL as well and hope you will enjoy our stuff too

Exciting new Cricket Blogs..and how to promote them..? Well, I am Cricket Enthusiast at the New York university in Manhattan who has been much intrigued by the concept of the Indian Premier League. And I decided to come up with a blog which presents the league-as- a-lifestyle proposition, much in the way of blogs like Deadspin and The Dumb Jock. I am willing to put in the hours and bring stories in a crisper and newer format. But for other blogs like mine, what are ways you think that we can get for more readership. Lets face it. Our work means nothing if we don't have you guys, the readers. if you have ways, like in NFL, we have Inter- Forum Blogathons where readers vote in. It motivates us to bring Cricket in our own innovative ways. Please encourage us. blogging makes only a stronger sport,a nd Cricket needs a stronger presenc ein the Blogsosphere. And it only makes sites like Cricinfo and Indian Cricket Fans stronger..

But for other blogs like mine, what are ways you think that we can get for more readership.
If you truly want to increase more readership you will have to do two things: 1) Read more on cricket history. Everyone wants to express an opinion on cricket these days but not everyone is qualified to do so. If you are going to just give the readers a round-up of the latest Test match there are tons of other websites who do that job already. The trick is to stand-out as a writer and you can not do so unless you are a cricket history buff. 2) Step away from this "Only in India do we do blah blah" That is blatant jingoism and it will appeal to only ultra nationalist Indians(and hence your readership will be very limited). Plus of course every other team player thinks that way. Only recently when Aussie team was being roasted by their past great Ponting and co. were constantly moaning how the oldies were past their sell-by date and knew nothing of International cricket. England is traditionally worse in bringing down their heroes(just ask Botham, or more recently Harmisson) and Pakistan is as good,or bad, as India. Back to the topic, nothing wrong with what Jadeja said. We are already seeing the result. India losing by innings, English cricket coming up with their own system to take on IPL, an ICC elect-in-chief opting out because of increasing India's finanicial dominance, ICL-IPL issue etc etc, so yes Jadeja has more than a point here and you should adress the point rather than target the man. xxxx

sd1222, you kept spamming the board as user "tonoy", posting meaningless gibberish & advertising your link in every post of yours. I banned that user & here you are with a diff id. If this is what you are here for, your presence here would be very short, am afraid. First consider contributing to this board positively. Establish a name for yourself. Then we can talk about mutual advertising. Until then, if you keep spamming this place, I'll send you where you belong. If you want people to come to your blog, you gotta fill your place with some quality writing. And then advertise. As it stands, people wouldnt take a second look at it. If you dont impress your first time visitors, you have no hope in hell of building a successful website.

If you truly want to increase more readership you will have to do two things: 1) Read more on cricket history. Everyone wants to express an opinion on cricket these days but not everyone is qualified to do so. If you are going to just give the readers a round-up of the latest Test match there are tons of other websites who do that job already. The trick is to stand-out as a writer and you can not do so unless you are a cricket history buff. 2) Step away from this "Only in India do we do blah blah" That is blatant jingoism and it will appeal to only ultra nationalist Indians(and hence your readership will be very limited). Plus of course every other team player thinks that way. Only recently when Aussie team was being roasted by their past great Ponting and co. were constantly moaning how the oldies were past their sell-by date and knew nothing of International cricket. England is traditionally worse in bringing down their heroes(just ask Botham, or more recently Harmisson) and Pakistan is as good,or bad, as India. Back to the topic, nothing wrong with what Jadeja said. We are already seeing the result. India losing by innings, English cricket coming up with their own system to take on IPL, an ICC elect-in-chief opting out because of increasing India's finanicial dominance, ICL-IPL issue etc etc, so yes Jadeja has more than a point here and you should adress the point rather than target the man. xxxx
I read your thing, and I duly appreciate your sincerity. What I want to do is present the Blog in a League-as-a-lifestyle proposition, more like say, Deadspin. I don't want to talk about cricket with minute- to- minute analysis. I will never beat Cricinfo or someone like that ever. But what cricket needs as a sport is that Cricket almost becomes a lifestyle, say like the EPL or the NFL. Where we identify with the players, administrators and that sort of thing as it would be our own, do you get what I mean? This is what am trying to do. Making it juicier, bringing down heroes and bigger images. In short, bringing the paparazzi to Cricket. Cricket needs that too. We will have Andrew Miller in Cricinfo, or a Peter Roubeck in teh Sydney morning Herald, and I wont compete. What I want to do is Perez Hilton meets Cricket. This is the idea, and since you are sincere about it, I would like you to hear what you think of it Lurker. As for others, I apologize. I was naive about it. I APOLOGIZE. And I never came before as anybody to spam this site. Thank you.
This is what am trying to do. Making it juicier, bringing down heroes and bigger images. In short, bringing the paparazzi to Cricket. Cricket needs that too. We will have Andrew Miller in Cricinfo, or a Peter Roubeck in teh Sydney morning Herald, and I wont compete.
Cricket needs no paparazzi. The best writers on the game have been the likes of Jack Fingleton, Cardus, Ray Robinson, EW Swanton, RC Robertson-Glasgow, Arthur Mailey and their ilk, who simply wrote about the game with as much insight and honesty as they possibly could. The better writers like Roebuck and Gideon Haigh today don't try and make it juicy and bring down people. They hand out criticisms if warranted, but call the game as they see it from their most honest POVs, which is why they're read. If all you want to do is just bring down names and images to try and make things juicy, find a tabloid in India or UK that people will scan briefly and pay no attention to. As far as getting any respect and being taken seriously as a writer on the game - it will never happen unless you make your priority to actually write about what the game offers, rather than skewing things to bring people down. And as Lurker said, try and read up some of the game's rich history to get a little perspective. Re. bringing people down - it's worth reading Mike Atherton's autobiography, just to get his take on the types of people who've tried to make careers by producing ridiculous headlines and doing the sort of Perez Hilton wannabe rubbish that you're keen on. The respect players, former cricketers and all authorities on the game have for such people is minimal. Atherton had written about how he had no problem with criticisms when it was truly honest, rather than bandwagonning or people trying to knock him or his side just for the sake of it - which is why he held people like Scyld Berry in such regard.
Cricket needs no paparazzi. The best writers on the game have been the likes of Jack Fingleton, Cardus, Ray Robinson, EW Swanton, RC Robertson-Glasgow, Arthur Mailey and their ilk, who simply wrote about the game with as much insight and honesty as they possibly could. The better writers like Roebuck and Gideon Haigh today don't try and make it juicy and bring down people. They hand out criticisms if warranted, but call the game as they see it from their most honest POVs, which is why they're read. If all you want to do is just bring down names and images to try and make things juicy, find a tabloid in India or UK that people will scan briefly and pay no attention to. As far as getting any respect and being taken seriously as a writer on the game - it will never happen unless you make your priority to actually write about what the game offers, rather than skewing things to bring people down. And as Lurker said, try and read up some of the game's rich history to get a little perspective. Re. bringing people down - it's worth reading Mike Atherton's autobiography, just to get his take on the types of people who've tried to make careers by producing ridiculous headlines and doing the sort of Perez Hilton wannabe rubbish that you're keen on. The respect players, former cricketers and all authorities on the game have for such people is minimal. Atherton had written about how he had no problem with criticisms when it was truly honest, rather than bandwagonning or people trying to knock him or his side just for the sake of it - which is why he held people like Scyld Berry in such regard.
I have nothing but the utmost regard, but Cricket is a game great enough to encompass every genre, whether its Scyld Berry or the Perez Hilton- likes. Cricket for loads is a means to entertainment, not an end in itself. I am the latter, but I understand there's a void that can be filled. Or if not filled, at least worth a try, We need the Purists. Cricket essentially is that. But the game is now grown enough also to bring the fringes to the mainstream, and I believe its en experiment worth it's time and money. I have nothing but great regard for the names you have taken. But cricket could do with some juice.

sd1222, you seem to be a sensible guy (going by your posts), with an objective. You can build a successful website. You gotta be patient. Make a name for yourself here. We have let established forummers advertise their site here (you can check our cricket videos section for proof). Hope to see you around here.

Thanks. I get your point, and being a part of this forum is great for me too, since more than potential hits, I get an idea of what the average cricket fan is going through. Thanks, and again, I apologize for the initial overbuzz..! And damn, I just saw David Gower's 215 in the Ashes. The joy of cricket is definitely in the purist side of things.