All Rounders Do Not Exist Part - II

Khota

8 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Agree to disagree, the reason he was bowled was because WI wanted to field 7 batsmen and 4 bowlers. He had to bowl.

Many times SRT, Ganguly, Yuvraj, Sehwag have bowled 10 overs, doesnt make them all rounders.

that's fine by me (i.e., agree to disagree), but likes of hooper and Viv were better bowlers than the 4 you mentioned in terms of being more consistent and also bowling more overs per match (barring Yuvi).

many consider jayasuria an AR in ODIs, which he is. Sir Viv was virtually Jayasuria with the ball, and obv far better with the bat.

I saw Viv bowl, so obviously I am speaking from seeing him, not just stats

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

This thread has gone into 20 pages.  Might as well go to 50 pages.  Only to prove one thing. That No team can win a WC without ARs.    

1975 WI won without an AR. I remember Lloyd bowled some overs and got some wkts, but no one would call him an AR.

12 hours ago, Vijy said:

1975 WI won without an AR. I remember Lloyd bowled some overs and got some wkts, but no one would call him an AR.

Yes.  But this thread's purpose was to convey that ARs do not exist.  And having ARs in the team is a recipe for disaster.   What we are seeing in this WC as well as many previous WCs is the exact opposite.  

On 11/7/2023 at 10:02 AM, Frustrated said:

Yes.  But this thread's purpose was to convey that ARs do not exist.  And having ARs in the team is a recipe for disaster.   What we are seeing in this WC as well as many previous WCs is the exact opposite.  

And the frauds Pandya and Thakur for Shami.