Ishant Sharma- pathetic bowling, disguzting fielding and zero commitment

Guest whineleg

agreed, he if far better than our unwanted all-rounder IKP. But, he is not at his best. Here, he bowled intelligently on line and length - 3 scalps through scattering the stumps. May be, we need surfaces like in Australia.
Well If This Guy Continues the way he has been going then we dont need aussie kinda pitches............ He will make facing him tougher in these pitches itself.....
Well If This Guy Continues the way he has been going then we dont need aussie kinda pitches............ He will make facing him tougher in these pitches itself.....
Vignesh, dahi and sugar in your mouth dear...if this turns out true for us... all of us actually want this to happen...
He has set out to create history today. Those figures of 6-0-35-0 will improve to a phenomenal figure of 20-0-200-0 in the next 16 overs' date=' and he'll be celebrating within himself. Such a horrible bowler. Whoever asked him to become a bowler should be thrown into jail and the team management for playing him should be asked to retire from cricket. Such a disgraceful, awful, selfish, arrogant, foolish bowler. Ugh.[/quote'] hmmm, how dumb do u feel now?

stupid OP ishant came back pretty well for the last spell, bowled stump to stump, which is how one bowls to tailenders and ended up with great figures, but I wouldn't get too excited. He still has a looooong way to go another reason for me to ridicule sillysanth and his 'ooh im so aggressive but i can only bowl at 82mph' trundling crap that he dishes out. still dont know why posters, who are pretty educated about cricket here, rate him so highly

I would not say that Ishant Sharma has too long of a way to go to be a long term international bowler. He needs slight fitness work and more international experience. However, I am unsure of his abilities with the new ball - he has looked most comfortable with the old ball in his short career. I'd also like to see more of his yorker, it is sharp and hones in on the target very well. Sreesanth needs bowling training. He needs extensive coaching to help him with his technique. He generates a lot of strength through the wrist and shoulder, but often wastes his action. I believe a bowler that he could look to model himself on could be Dennis Lillee, as the two have similar(ish) actions. Sreesanth needs to concentrate on keeping the same load up, jump length and run up speed throughout a match, rather than changing each ball. In the event that Sreesanth does not have the stamina to charge in for entire spells, it would be beneficial for him to run in slower, but at that consistent pace for an entire days play to aid him to keep a more easily attainable rhythm. He should also look to cut down the number of variations he uses - Prasad should look to encourage him to cut down the number of variations he uses per spell and certainly encourage him to bowl more entire overs of simply line & length and outswing.

Agreed on Sreesanth. I dont like how he keeps changing his bowling action. However, he's got one of the best wrist position and release that I've seen. Thats why me and many others rate him very highly (well, that and his pace that he sometimes generates).

hmmm' date=' how dumb do u feel now?[/quote'] Perhaps, it was not clear in my post. I was being sarcastic because when these posts were made no more than 15 overs had been bowled in the innings. So I was just ridiculing the claim. I am very happy that he got 3 wickets.

Sreesanth is still living off his heroics in SA in late '06 when we won the first Test. He hasn't done jack **** since. Looked awful in his last Test series(in England) and hasn't shown much in this series either. Mediocre speed, very little control over line and length, is constantly changing his action(sometimes in an over itself!) and rarely ever seems to be in rhythm. And his aggressive 'act' simply exists to fool the gullible into thinking he's some bad ass. I can't wait for Zaheer to get healthy and RP to regain his form so we can dump this chump. As far as Ishant goes, he looked fine to me for someone returning from injury. Easily India's best bowler.

Sreesanth is still living off his heroics in SA in late '06 when we won the first Test. He hasn't done jack **** since. Looked awful in his last Test series(in England) and hasn't shown much in this series either.
Hard to refute that. The stats underpin your statement as well - in the 6 test matches he has played since the Cape Town test, he has taken just 12 wickets at an average of 50. With all the fast bowling talent India possess at the moment, he needs to perform sooner rather than later. The next test series (assuming he gets selected) will be a make-or-break series for him.

what i meant by long way to go is that he needs to put in such performances, i.e. get bowling figures with averages around 25 or better even less, more consistently for atleast 7-8 test matches. Then I will start to feel that he is indeed the demon fast bowler india have been looking for the past 60 yrs LOL.

Sreesanth is still living off his heroics in SA in late '06 when we won the first Test. He hasn't done jack **** since. Looked awful in his last Test series(in England) and hasn't shown much in this series either. Mediocre speed' date=' very little control over line and length, is constantly changing his action(sometimes in an over itself!) and rarely ever seems to be in rhythm. [b']And his aggressive 'act' simply exists to fool the gullible into thinking he's some bad ass. I can't wait for Zaheer to get healthy and RP to regain his form so we can dump this chump. As far as Ishant goes, he looked fine to me for someone returning from injury. Easily India's best bowler.
LOL...some posters here ACTUALLY THINK that's the way a fast bowler should show his 'tuphhness'. They were bigging him up as a beastly donald or wasim akram lol. Some people have way low standards.
I would not say that Ishant Sharma has too long of a way to go to be a long term international bowler. He needs slight fitness work and more international experience. However, I am unsure of his abilities with the new ball - he has looked most comfortable with the old ball in his short career. I'd also like to see more of his yorker, it is sharp and hones in on the target very well. Sreesanth needs bowling training. He needs extensive coaching to help him with his technique. He generates a lot of strength through the wrist and shoulder, but often wastes his action. I believe a bowler that he could look to model himself on could be Dennis Lillee, as the two have similar(ish) actions. Sreesanth needs to concentrate on keeping the same load up, jump length and run up speed throughout a match, rather than changing each ball. In the event that Sreesanth does not have the stamina to charge in for entire spells, it would be beneficial for him to run in slower, but at that consistent pace for an entire days play to aid him to keep a more easily attainable rhythm. He should also look to cut down the number of variations he uses - Prasad should look to encourage him to cut down the number of variations he uses per spell and certainly encourage him to bowl more entire overs of simply line & length and outswing.
wonderful observations about SS and IS, I think its so true...! repped you for this...