I miss Azharuddin

This is it!! This is what we are good at at home, breaking opening stands with pace, smothering the middle order with spin and running through the tail with a combination. All we need is a batsman to transform our 330 in the first innings to a 450. I bet a retired Azhar would have put the match beyond discussion by now and even with the resources available today ie. missing our best batsman and bowler we are able to drill so many holes in the pacers succeeding in India theory!! Long live spinners, long live tracks like Kanpur which are not "sporting"!!

I am quite satisfied with him banned for life actually. I hope he never plays cricket and his family or anyone related to him never plays cricket for India. He was a disgraceful player and deserves not even a thought in any circumstance. He was a traitor. A shameless traitor. I miss Sachin.

I am quite satisfied with him banned for life actually. I hope he never plays cricket and his family or anyone related to him never plays cricket for India. He was a disgraceful player and deserves not even a thought in any circumstance. I miss Sachin.
Yes, we all miss Sachin. I agree with your sentiments about Azhar, but wouldnt extend them to his family.
I have nothing against his family either. As a punishment to him' date=' I hope BCCI never lets his son (whom I've heard is a decent player) play because he has to learn the magnitude of his blunders and foolishness.[/quote'] I'm sorry mate. A man shouldnt suffer for his father's crimes.
I'm sorry mate. A man shouldnt suffer for his father's crimes.
Perhaps. I wouldn't mind a player like Azhar's strength to represent the country but I am so much drenched in hatred when it comes to Azhar. Perhaps, you are right. Coming from Hyderabad and as a big fan of his before his match fixing, I was/am very much hurt. Furthermore, he came to Chicago (where I presently reside) for the Indian Independence Day celebrations. My blood was boiling, to be honest(yeah, just like Symonds' but for a better cause than jealousy :P).

Sreesanth is a Match Fixer too, I have proof but I cannot share it Hint: What do you think those dance moves are?, they are a new way to signal the bookies about pitch and bounce Don't even get me started on how Ganguly signals with his eyes

I am quite satisfied with him banned for life actually. I hope he never plays cricket and his family or anyone related to him never plays cricket for India. He was a disgraceful player and deserves not even a thought in any circumstance. He was a traitor. A shameless traitor. I miss Sachin.
Quite agree- I wish his name is never uttered again in reference to Indian cricket but there will always be soem hero worshippers who get blinded It is really sad that Azhar did this though because as a batsman he brought such a special talent to the game- wasted his talent in the sense that he would have been considered a legend

:D

Sreesanth is a Match Fixer too, I have proof but I cannot share it Hint: What do you think those dance moves are?, they are a new way to signal the bookies about pitch and bounce Don't even get me started on how Ganguly signals with his eyes
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
PS: Can we keep this thread devoid of his match fixing allegations which are yet to be proven in a court of law? And anyways' date=' Waugh and Warne are more proven fixers than Azhar.[/quote'] Even Gibbs admitted to take money to get out before 20
Of all the players caught up in the match-fixing scandals of the late 1990s, Gibbs is perhaps the most hapless case in that while he was offered US$15,000 by Hansie Cronje to get out for less than 20 in an ODI against India, he then clean forgot and "set off like a steam train". His memory was only jogged when joined in the middle by Cronje. "I already had 30 or 40 and I asked him what we should do," he said. "After a few overs I asked him again, and he said one of us would have to get out." Cronje was the man but Gibbs followed soon after for a 53-ball 74. A six-month ban for Gibbs resulted.
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/345716.html?wrappertype=print if Azhar admits or else court proves him of taking money to throw a match , then certainly he should be banned and his records be deleted.
Guest whineleg

GUYZ, Azhar iz no different from the rest of the Indianz out there today. He put $$$$z in front of his team then, but if we are bashing him for it, we should also bash all the other Indian cricketerz who are putting the IPL or ICL'z $$$$$ in front of their team and faking injuriez to play IPL twenty20z and make more money from there instead of playing for their country. BTW, I think Ishant, SRT and Zaheer are az responsible for the loss at Ahmeadabad as Azhar waz for any lossez under him. Those 3 sat out so they could be fit for the IPL'z money and twenty20 matches, and that is just as bad as match fixing. The injuriez weren't serious, look at how Ishant is bowling in this test now.

I have nothing against his family either. As a punishment to him' date=' I hope BCCI never lets his son (whom I've heard is a decent player) play because he has to learn the magnitude of his blunders and foolishness.[/quote'] one fine day.. ur about to go to a great restaurant where ur father had fight with hotel staff before and the hotel staff decided that no one from his family would be allowed to enter the house.. would u want to be treated that way??
Guest whineleg
maybe ganguly also signalz with each different fingernail he bitez? notice how he stopped biting his fingernailz so much when he stopped being captain.
one fine day.. ur about to go to a great restaurant where ur father had fight with hotel staff before and the hotel staff decided that no one from his family would be allowed to enter the house.. would u want to be treated that way??
Perhaps. I wouldn't mind a player like Azhar's strength to represent the country but I am so much drenched in hatred when it comes to Azhar. Perhaps, you are right. Coming from Hyderabad and as a big fan of his before his match fixing, I was/am very much hurt. Furthermore, he came to Chicago (where I presently reside) for the Indian Independence Day celebrations. My blood was boiling, to be honest(yeah, just like Symonds' but for a better cause than jealousy ).
I know I will sound foolish but I always equated what Azhar did with betrayal of the nation (it probably isn't since its just a sport) and so my reactions will always be in an emotional hyperbole. Thus, I feel your example with the hotel staff is not exactly of the same magnitude. But point noted. I apologize for saying that if that was an inappropriate comment.
PS: Can we keep this thread devoid of his match fixing allegations which are yet to be proven in a court of law? And anyways' date=' Waugh and Warne are more proven fixers than Azhar.[/quote'] yes.. i agree that his match fixing allegations are still to be proved in the court of law. eventhough they were proved in the interim BCCI investigations and also in CBI investigations... I would still be willing to give him benefit of doubt for that.. but i will never forgive him for making this statement on TV "I am being targetted, because i am from a minority"... BLOODY HELL!!!... u were the captain of the same country for over 10 years, where was the minority card at that time...
yes.. i agree that his match fixing allegations are still to be proved in the court of law. eventhough they were proved in the interim BCCI investigations and also in CBI investigations... I would still be willing to give him benefit of doubt for that.. but i will never forgive him for making this statement on TV "I am being targetted, because i am from a minority"... BLOODY HELL!!!... u were the captain of the same country for over 10 years, where was the minority card at that time...
I agree ... even though i am a Muslim .. born and brought up In India , i never felt i am a minority . The religions freedom which we have in India is better than most of the countries in the world and even i heard that Pakistan (So called Muslim country) haven't given the freedom which we Muslims enjoy in India. I agree that there are few nutty characters in India but still Majority are good. :hatsoff: