Border Gavaskar Trophy 2008-09

oz does not have any option but an aging McGill who is coming back from an injury. They are out of spinning options. Their batsmen are not bad at playing spin but Kumble and Bhajji along with Sachin and Sehwag and Piyush CHawla will be too hot for the Aussies. A white wash is quite possible.

I would like to see sporting wickets for every test match played in India. I believe that will play a major role in raising the overall standard of the sport. But as Shwetabh had pointed out in his thread, the concept has been misunderstood by Indian curators who equate sporting tracks with green tops. So I'd preferr a dust bowl over a green top.

Given that a sporting track for our boneheaded curators means leaving the grass on the track, which given the heat in India wilts away after 2 sessions on the first day and the grass binding prevents the pitch from breaking up even on day 10 of a test, Kanpur type tracks are the best in India. Only good batsmen will score runs, there will be something in the pitch for fast and spin bowlers, and a result is more or less a guarantee.

Well said, this stupidity that a sporting track only means green stuff is complete hogwash ... the last test match was a true test match ... everyone had to do the hard yards to prove their worth.

Given that a sporting track for our boneheaded curators means leaving the grass on the track' date=' which given the heat in India wilts away after 2 sessions on the first day and the grass binding prevents the pitch from breaking up even on day 10 of a test, Kanpur type tracks are the best in India. Only good batsmen will score runs, there will be something in the pitch for fast and spin bowlers, and a result is more or less a guarantee.[/quote']
you mean you want a brown wash. Buck up and be proud of your race!
1. I suggest you lay off the 'race' cr@p. 2. "whitewash" is a term that originates from painting garden fences all white- indicative of the 'all-enveloping' quality of the paint, given that nomatter how big the property (and thus how long the perimeter fencing is), it is painted the same color all over. The connotation is not about race, thus 'brownwash' makes zero sense. It is also indicative that you are making it a race issue when it isn't one. 3. "Race" doesnt exist...so where is the scientific and logical basis in taking pride of your race ? Its stupidity to take pride and be 'up' about somethiing that doesn't exist.
Given that a sporting track for our boneheaded curators means leaving the grass on the track' date=' which given the heat in India wilts away after 2 sessions on the first day and the grass binding prevents the pitch from breaking up even on day 10 of a test, Kanpur type tracks are the best in India. Only good batsmen will score runs, there will be something in the pitch for fast and spin bowlers, and a result is more or less a guarantee.[/quote'] You are spot on this comment , it is people like Manjerakar who was so critical of this pitch , I didnt see anything wrong on this pitch all bowlers had equal chance of getting wickets and batsman had chance to score runs too if they applied themselves. I have a question here though do anyone on you think that the state of this pitch was changed in matter of 7 days seeing the result of second test match.All the people like micky Arthur are talking as if Indian made this pitch turner after second test debacle.I thought to prepare pitches take longer than 5 to 7 days.
I want Indian curators to produce raging turner in all 4 tests. I want whitewash. The curator that produces best turner should get 1 million Rs from BCCI.
Don't think that is possible umpire! We'll playing all the tests after rainy season and just before winter. It won't just be possible to get the pitch as dry as it was in Kanpur in those months. And I don't think Kanpur pitch was a raging turner because we had lost the previous test or because we wanted a raging turner here. A pitch is not prepared in three days. In all probability we'd have witnessed the same Kanpur pitch irrespective of previous match's result. At the most they could have watered it a more in those three days, but the quality wouldn't have changed that much! It'd have broken up very quickly in this heat of April. And this heat won't be there in Oct-Nov. Hence a Kanpur type pitch is not possible.