Border Gavaskar Trophy 2008-09

Australia will play the first Test on the tour of India in Bangalore from October 9-13, the Board of Control for Cricket in India announced on Wednesday. The tourists arrive in the country on September 29 and begin their four-Test tour with a warm-up game from October 2 to 5, a statement from the BCCI said. The second Test will be in Mohali, from October 17-21, the third in New Delhi from October 28-November 1 and fourth in Nagpur from November 5-9. They will play at Mohali, Bangalore, Nagpur, and Delhi One thing I dont understand is y dont they play in mumbai????? Most Ind Aus exciting competition occurs in Mumbai!! y not this time?? Ind Aus thrillers take place in Mumbai Source: http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2008/apr/09autour.htm

I may be making the trip from England to watch a couple of these tests. I was hoping to visit India when England are touring Nov/Dec but if the test matches are in Dec I won't be able to get the time off work. As I have only India and Bangladesh to complete the set of watching a test in all the test playing countries I thought I may come over when you play the Convicts instead. I was thinking of perhaps Delhi and Mohali. Any reasons why I should chose a different pair of tests?

I may be making the trip from England to watch a couple of these tests. I was hoping to visit India when England are touring Nov/Dec but if the test matches are in Dec I won't be able to get the time off work. As I have only India and Bangladesh to complete the set of watching a test in all the test playing countries I thought I may come over when you play the Convicts instead. I was thinking of perhaps Delhi and Mohali. Any reasons why I should chose a different pair of tests?
NB. Obviously I shall be vehmently supporting India against the hated Aussies!! I'm even going to order an Indian ODI shirt just so as the locals don't mistake me for an Australian!!

By the way, many of the England fans on barmyarmy.com no longer consider the Convicts as the number one test team in the world on account of their cowardice at pulling out of their second consecutive tour of Pakistan. Our reasoning being that all the other countries tour Pakistan, so why shouldn't Australia? And if they don't, they can no longer be considered number one

Welcome to ICF David! IMO Delhi and Mohali would be the best. Since they are in North India, the weather will be very pleasant with a max of around 20-22 degrees and a min of as cool as 0 degrees. Delhi and Mohali aren't too far away from each other either. Mohali is one of the most beautiful grounds in the country with possibly the best crowd. Dunno about the Delhi stadium though because they've built a new one and don't know what it looks like. So you've been to games in almost all test playing nations huh? That's incredible. Where was your most memorable viewing experience?

Thanks for your welcome Gambit. These are the tests matches I have seen abroard. New Zealand 6 tests Australia 4 tests Pakistan 2 tests Sri Lanka 2 tests West Indies 2 tests South Africa 1 test. All of the above where with England the visitors. My favourite place is probably New Zealand, as their grounds are so small and picuresque.The people are also the friendliest and there is plenty to do in between the matches.Having said that, all of the [places were enjoyable, but all in their own different ways

Lets not forget, Warne was awful in India, McGill has been hammered by all our batsmen, Hogg was crap against us and has retired which leads me to believe that if we get a Kanpur pitch again, we can destroy them cuz even Harris would probably be better than whoever Oz bring.

we need to get curators like the one who prepared the mumbai pitch in 2004 & this kanpur pitch in 2008. and we should play an attack of 4 spinners(kumble, harbhajan, murali kartik & 1 out of ojha/mishra/yusuf) & against aus to spin us to a 4-0 win. with sehwag in there, it will be 5 spinners