Indian batsmen are way overrated

I don't know about you, but this is my honest opinion. Especially stalwarts like Sachin Tendulkar. When was the last time he really helped India to a win? So what the hell is Greg Chappell doing managing the players? These players lack the grit to tough it out when things are not going there way. Plus do not have the technical ability against bounce, pace and movement. Every good player can play great innings when the pitch is a featherbed. Let's get this point clear. India is nowhere in the same map as the top two teams in the world - Australia and South Africa. Everyone talks about strong batting lineup when talking about India - where is the strength, technique and the determination. I won't even go into the bowling and fielding right now. Honestly Sachin needs to show up or retire, then at least we will have to excuse of fielding a rookie team.

Re: Indian batsmen are way overrated We can no longer lay claim to the best batting lineup in the world. The only consistent batsman we have now is Dravid. The rest show up when they feel like it. BTW Tendulkar has top scored for us 5 times in the last 9 matches since he came back from injury. Still want to drop him? In the only 2 victories we have had in the last 2 months, he has top scored. 65 and 35. The thing that irks me the most is that Indian fans have the shortest memory span ever! :roll::roll:

Re: Indian batsmen are way overrated How do you expect these batsmen to perform out of IND when in the past you have had the likes of Sourav Ganguly opening the bowling in a TEST MATCH! If i am not mistaken Sourav has opened the bowling more than batting(in tests)...So my advice is that we(subis) should prepare some lively pitches at home and i guarantee that the team's OVERALL performance will get a lot better!

Re: Indian batsmen are way overrated

How do you expect these batsmen to perform out of IND when in the past you have had the likes of Sourav Ganguly opening the bowling in a TEST MATCH! If i am not mistaken Sourav has opened the bowling more than batting(in tests)...So my advice is that we(subis) should prepare some lively pitches at home and i guarantee that the team's OVERALL performance will get a lot better!
Last time in SAF someone scored 19 out of 6 matches. So I'd worry about others may be later. :roll:

If you prepare live pitches at home and then go' date=' you will go with batsmen out of form. It is not something that can be done overnight. A complete overhaul is required, if one needs to do this.[/quote'] I agree that you can't simply turn Wankaeda in to WACA but i have seen some very good pitches at Mohali and Jamshedpur so it 'can' be done...

How do you expect these batsmen to perform out of IND when in the past you have had the likes of Sourav Ganguly opening the bowling in a TEST MATCH! If i am not mistaken Sourav has opened the bowling more than batting(in tests)...So my advice is that we(subis) should prepare some lively pitches at home and i guarantee that the team's OVERALL performance will get a lot better!
Last time in SAF someone scored 19 out of 6 matches. So I'd worry about others may be later. :roll:
that's quite an average post especially considering the fact that i was talking about all sub continental teams!
Guest dada_rocks

We can no longer lay claim to the best batting lineup in the world. The only consistent batsman we have now is Dravid. The rest show up when they feel like it. BTW Tendulkar has top scored for us 5 times in the last 9 matches since he came back from injury. Still want to drop him? In the only 2 victories we have had in the last 2 months, he has top scored. 65 and 35. The thing that irks me the most is that Indian fans have the shortest memory span ever! :roll::roll:
So true. Tendulkar's flaws get accentuated by this constant attention otherwise half legged tendu is better than most in the world.

Re: Indian batsmen are way overrated hmm our team, well on paper its the best, with the likes of tendulkar and dravid having scored tons of runz in int'l cricket. so many runz that it might give hard time to a decent mathematician to count how much they have scored in totall.. see so much experience... but then where is that experience??? whatz the use of such player who doesnt use his such experience?? where is that experience when u consistently loose matches and matches to same team... our batsmans need full araam,, a century or 2 gives them a ticket to sit in pavilion and rest instead of fielding... our ppl, our media, our hype and here is a god ready for India and for its immatured crazy cricket fans....

:roll::roll:
Roll your eyes however many times you want. But it is the naked truth. We in India tend to put cricketers up on a pedestal and we give them more credit that than they actually they deserve. Guys like SRT, Dravid, Sehwag. etc need to be held accountable when they fail. When have we consistently performed well outside of the country? It is a very dismal record consdering we won in WI after 20 years of playing abroad and that too over a not so great team. The weakness of this team to quality bowling and pitches is obvious despite all the hype that goes with these folks. Ever since I started watching Indian cricket (mid 70s) Indians have never acheived consistency in doing well. Its always has been here and there. And abroad it has mostly been failures. Unfortunately, there is no easy solution, but someone please stop the adulation and treat them like just normal sports figures. I think it has to fo with our laid back attitude. Not enough grit and having domestic cricket played on featherbeds and too much adulation of sports figures. Look the the Indian Olypmic performers, some of them do not even go to the final rounds, yet they are treated as heroes. Get real!!

The reason for the over adulation is understandable. We have a terrible sporting history and anyone who performs consistently at the international level is given more than his fair share of adulation.
Well that cycle of over-adulation for underperformance needs to stop.