IPL T20 captaincy

arkay

In addition to the bowlers, the captaincy of the T20 teams are also very challenging as they need to keep everyone pumped up despite getting a pounding while defending even large totals of 200. So far the following folks look a lot more comfortable in the middle. * Warne / Sehwag / Dhoni / Gangs The following people are out of sorts and desperately need someone else to takeover * Bhaji / VVS / Yuvi Too early to comment on Dravid. Does it make sense to get Bhaji / VVS and Yuvi to just focus on what they do best.

VVS is captain? Doesnt seem like it, on the field. Embarrassingly today for VVS, towards the end overs of the RR innings, the camera was constantly focusing on Gilly setting the field and shouting out instructions.

Bhajji has never captained any side...at least VVS has experience of captaining some domestic matches .. i think instead of Bhajji...Polly should have been the captain of Mumbai... there is no harm in making a foreigner a captain...if he can bring the goods..and others can learn from him.. i like the captaincy of Warne...He has the hunger...He believes that he alone can lift his team...and that shows his confidence in his abilities..

Bhajji has never captained any side...at least VVS has experience of captaining some domestic matches .. i think instead of Bhajji...Polly should have been the captain of Mumbai... there is no harm in making a foreigner a captain...if he can bring the goods..and others can learn from him.. i like the captaincy of Warne...He has the hunger...He believes that he alone can lift his team...and that shows his confidence in his abilities..
I agree. There is nothing wrong in having a foreigner as a captain if he has better experience. I think they should transfer the captaincy from vvs to Gilly. Since Bhaji is a stop gap, we can wait till tendulkar joins the team. A major overhaul is needed. Unlike other type of matches, you can relax a bit. In T20, every over can turn the tide. Who would have imagined that Rajastan Royals would go to win after such as tight over from RP Singh?

the captains would be rated as - 1. dhoni 2. warne 3. sehwag 4. ganguly 5. dravid 6. laxman(both dravid & laxman arent that aggressive to captain 20/20 teams) 7. harbhajan - y was harbhajan even made captain. pollock, jayasurya or some domestic cricketer could have been captain 8. yuvraj - totally confused looking in captaincy

VVS is captain? Doesnt seem like it, on the field. Embarrassingly today for VVS, towards the end overs of the RR innings, the camera was constantly focusing on Gilly setting the field and shouting out instructions.
How embarrassing. He has been really screwing up. And Bhajji.....dear me....he can never become a captain.

The Hyderabadis have had a lot of cricket lately (courtesy ICL). The ticket fares are very high compared to ICL and the stadium is also far away from the city. Added to this, the team is not playing well. Deccan chargers would need very badly momentum to get the team going.

Ponting is better captain than Ganguly... Ganguly's non-performance will catch up to him after aussies and Mccullum departs... Ganguly's captaincy will be under a lot of pressure...
i trust u yo point that out..but the truth is when their star players leave kkr will be the weakest team..not even warne or ponting can make them win..and ganguly also won't be able to do so..theirs is the weakest team..only good players will be hussey,gul(if he playes),ishant and murali karthik