Shoaib cleared to play in IPL

CricketMeriJaan

SRK backs Shoaib, wants him to play in IPL New Delhi: Shah Rukh Khan has came out in support of Shoaib Akhtar saying that the Pakistani fast bowler should play in the IPL. "We believe Shoaib should play. It is a sad incident that Shoaib has been banned from IPL as well. We will talk to IPL authorities. I will be meeting Lalit Modi and other IPL officials tomorrow. His USP is his aggression. All these things keep on happening. We should take things on a right spirit," Shah Rukh said on the ban on Shoaib by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and the decision by the IPL not to allow him to ply in the league. "Knight Riders are preparing for the D Day. We will try to win as many games as possible. I think IPL matches don’t have international status. I don't know why he should not play for IPL. He is important for IPL," Shah Rukh added. Shah Rukh’s Indian Premier League (IPL) team Kolkata Knight Riders had bought Shoaib for the Twenty20 tournament starting April 18. Following the five-year ban imposed on Shoaib by the PCB; IPL Commissioner and BCCI Vice-President Lalit Modi had said that the Pakistani fast bowler couldn’t play in the league until the ban is lifted. "He has been banned for five years for all domestic and international cricket. He is a great player and we really want Shoaib to play for us but until the ban is lifted there is nothing that we can do in this regard," Modi said. Shoaib was banned for five years by the PCB on Tuesday for indiscipline and he then accused the PCB Chairman Nasim Ashraf of trying to extort money from him and other players in the Pakistan team. Ironically, while banning Shoaib the PCB had said he would be free to play all other cricket including the IPL. ---- let the circus begin.. :cantstop:

it makes absolutely no sense that the PCB's internal directive to ban him for their own disciplinary reasons should affect his chances of earning a living elsewhere. it is not like he killed or raped somebody. talk about lacking common sense.

I believe BCCI should compensate SRK for this loss. SRK is a business man and he legally bought this player. After he paid for Shoaib' date=' he has not broken any IPL rules to get banned. This is pathetic.[/quote'] How so? Srk didnt pay anything to Shoaib. Shoaib has to play the minimum amt of games to get the money.

Shahrukh showing his true colours' date=' wud he do the same for RP, Sree or Ishant?[/quote'] True colors? No he would never have to do that to our players because our players aren't behaving like Shoaib is. Indian bowlers are not taking drugs, hitting teammates with bats, and then say, "I'm sorry. I'm an angel." I am surprised at your reaction. This is a business venture, and lets agree that no matter how bad a person he is and how much ever we hate him, he can pull crowds and we love to beat him up. So, Shahrukh has to say what he said because he's investing a lot of money into this. I'd still appreciate your response on what you mean by "true colors." I sure hope it doesn't mean what I think it means.

lol thats cuz Akhtar is in SRK's team!
I know but he has been extra senti from day 1 about Chakhtar If they wanted to ban him then they should have done it earlier ... banning him for speaking against PCB is a stupid decision . He should have been banned after failing the drug test or hitting asif

What the f.ck does SRK know about cricket or Aktor? Apart from attention whoring (especially during the T20 WC win), he has absolutely no association with cricket. Too bad that investing on Aktor's abilities to pull crowds didn't quite go as planned.

Guest whineleg
I dont understand this.. The article says that PCB has not banned shoaib from playing in the IPL...then what is all this ?
Itz all pubicity stuntz

thats bull...and is absolutely unfair. Imagine Andrei Kirilenko or Yao Ming who play for the NBA being held back by their country because of some internal politics. Pakistan Cricket is a joke. Clearly shows the distinction between sports played in the western world compared to the subcontinent.