Balaji : Great to see him back!!

Cricketics

Even LB does not know why the Pak girls sang that...all he knows is that Pak girls fell for his smile and "looks" :) --------------

Everyone knows everything about Ifran Pathan, and volumes have been written about Zaheer Khan. But when it comes to the rather quiet and unassuming Lakshmipathy Balaji, how much do you really know? For instance, Balaji has two sisters who are software engineers. He loves electronics and constantly meddles with gadgets. And did you know he's terribly lazy and even makes his sisters pack for him? "I'm very close to my sisters and they are very possessive about me," says the 22-year-old cricketing heartthrob, revealing characteristics of the typical Indian male. "I don't do any work at home. My sisters even pack my bags. I just sit and wait for everything to come to me," he tells Bangalore Times . This is the boy who unintentionally charmed the Pakistani gals and even had them singing, " Balaji zarra dheere chalo ..." But he can't understand why. "I was clueless. I don't know what was going on in their heads!" While the recent India-Pakistan series earned him many fans, it also helped boost Balaji's confidence levels. "It gave me a lot of exposure. I'm a great believer in hard work and I feel there's no substitute for it," he says. As for hitting Shoaib Akhtar for a six, Balaji says the only thing on his mind was earning the team a big total. "Playing for my country has been a childhood dream. I started at the age of 17 and I've learnt a lot in the last five years," he says. Balaji's idol has always been Anil Kumble. "His attributes are something I want to assimilate," he says. Many bachelors of the Indian team have recently tied the knot. When's his turn to get hitched? "I'm only 22, I have a long way to go. Maybe after five years." Are the pretty girls of Pakistan listening?