BCCI may ban Bhajji for a year

Guest Hiten.

Guest Hiten.

NEW DELHI/AHMEDABAD: The BCCI is angry over Harbhajan Singh's onfield indiscretion and board sources said that the Nanavati probe is expected to settle whether Bhajji had been provoked by Sreesanth. At the hearing on Friday, Singh did not deny slapping Sreesanth but said that he had been needled. The spinner apologized and when asked how he could have hit a team-mate said it would never happen again. "It is Nanavati's report that will decide his fate. It really doesn't matter if he was provoked or not. What he did was wrong and deserves punishment," said a top BCCI official. While there is a view that Bhajji had been delivered a sufficiently hard rap on the knuckles, officials said that it would not be easy to ignore physical assault. If Nanavati fails to find any ameliorating circumstance, BCCI chief Sharad Pawar will have to take a final view. It is clear that the loss of IPL fees does not mean that BCCI cannot impose a punishment. The setting up of an inquiry makes that evident and apprehending trouble, Harbhajan has been pleading that he should be given one more chance. He has told BCCI officials that losing "a couple of crores" was punishment enough. "How much more do you want to punish me" is apparently what he is asking? The spinner is not completely isolated though. Sachin Tendulkar is still weighing in for him as he did when Singh was in the middle of a row over charges of racist abuse in Australia. While having Sachin as a guardian angel will help Harbhajan, BCCI sources point out that the spinner has triggered a controversy too soon after his problems in Australia. Though the spinner had not been completely blameless in his showdown with Aussie powerhouse Andrew Symonds, BCCI used its clout once the team rallied around Singh. The board hardly anticipated that Bhajji would fly off the handle with his own team-mate. Not only has the incident knocked a hole in the argument that the temperamental spinner had been cleverly "set up" by the Aussies, ICC was also watching how the board would handle the episode. The international body expects BCCI would respond firmly to what it sees as a gross act of indiscipline. Nanavati, speaking after the hearings, maintained that whatever he saw on the video footage was indeed shocking. "So it was important to hear the two persons involved in the incident to get to the bottom of the truth," he said. http://ipl.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/BCCI_may_ban_Bhajji_for_a_year/articleshow/3026158.cms I hope tendulkar stays out of this mess and let BCCI do their work (good one! for a change). :pray:

:two_thumbs_up:
Well...It does'nt matter what punishment BCCI will impose...all I can say is...if he had played well in the IPL twenty20 tourney....and Mumbai Indians were to qualify for the semis.....no nanavathi or dadavathi would have been asked to 'probe' by BCCI......so Bhajji's bad form is going to nail him....not BCCI..:roll:
Why the hell is that Tendulkar getting into this IPL spat!!! Stay out of it SRT, dont idiotically get into supporting Bhajji in this. Bhajji deserves Test and ODI bans. For how long, that is something the Board shud decide.
btw, who the hell r u?? gettin so much excited on some masala news dished out by TOI...?? when have u seen him gettin into something .. he supported bhajji cuz he was there when tht incident happnd.. so hold ur horse before humping on them..
btw, who the hell r u?? gettin so much excited on some masala news dished out by TOI...?? when have u seen him gettin into something .. he supported bhajji cuz he was there when tht incident happnd.. so hold ur horse before humping on them..
Hehe...so say the SRT worshippers, and so shud the world listen :hysterical: Nonsense. SRT talking in Aus is different. Here, he is getting in between the HS-SS spat. He shud stay out and shut up.

Be gutted if Bhajji gets banned for a year. Everyone forget what he done in the last test match against SA? Damn, I'm not even Indian, I'ma Kiwi and I would be gutted not to see him play in SL, or Aust at the end of the year. Regardless of what he done, he has been banned for the rest of the IPL. So, that's a direct hit for him financially. That should do it. Bhajji and Kumble on a 'dust-bowl', what more could you ask for? hahhahaha

Well...It does'nt matter what punishment BCCI will impose...all I can say is...if he had played well in the IPL twenty20 tourney....and Mumbai Indians were to qualify for the semis.....no nanavathi or dadavathi would have been asked to 'probe' by BCCI......so Bhajji's bad form is going to nail him....not BCCI..:roll:
Weiderest theory i have ever heard. So the whole BCCI, Powar, Nanavati and everyone else is in Mumbai's pocket and only exist for the well being and continous good fortunes of the Mumbai Indian in IPL?
Be gutted if Bhajji gets banned for a year. Everyone forget what he done in the last test match against SA? Damn, I'm not even Indian, I'ma Kiwi and I would be gutted not to see him play in SL, or Aust at the end of the year. Regardless of what he done, he has been banned for the rest of the IPL. So, that's a direct hit for him financially. That should do it. Bhajji and Kumble on a 'dust-bowl', what more could you ask for? hahhahaha
If Bhajji is not banned and set an example of, he is going to go the Sohaib way for sure. If you really are a Bhajji fan, hope for his sake, that he gets a punishment which rattles his own superstar demeneaour and sets him up for life.