Players to be "retired"

Late Cut

Several of the current 1st team players are past their sell by date. Here is who need to "retire" ASAP:

Rahane- Old and confused, looks befuddled. Early onset of arthritis.

Pujara- Slower than a turtle, butter fingers, was ancient at 25, and now, very much an 80 year old

Bhuvi- Runs in....and bowls at 10 mph, better as a face model or something

Ashwin- Talks a big game, clearly what oldies do, lots of talk

Yadav- Mr. Spraygun steadily devolving to trundledum

Ishant- He is just tall...clearly has lost pace

Dhawan- Perform only before i get dropped syndrome

---------

On the watch list:

KL Rahul: never plays to win; whiney stat padder

Instead of Ishant and Yadav, we need to keep fresh bowlers like Avesh, Tyagi and Prasidh in the mix, especially in test cricket. Match winners don't show up overnight, we need to develop newer pace bowlers as Shami is getting older and Bumrah can blow hot and cold. I like Bhuvi but can no longer support his selection. The 100th test was the best chance to pack off Ishant. Umesh is no longer fast and is okay as a serviceable option for home tests. Ashwin is still good at home, so he is fine for now. For ODIs, he is a choice that makes no sense as he isn't likely to last till the next world cup. We might as well try out Bishnoi, who is a superb fielder and well suited for LOI format.

Among the batsmen, Pujara and Rahane have forgotten how to score runs and they are done, finito, kaput! They have been given a generous 1 year lifeline despite utter mediocre results and it's enough. I read somewhere that the new central contracts are going to be announced soon and I hope these two are either cut out or given a massive pay cut. I like Dhawan, he still looks fit and is a big match player, but he is too old! We can keep him in the squad and give him a game once in a while to keep him in the mix as a fall back option in case he lasts till the next ODI WC.