Azhar - Fallen Hero

Gambit

Guest Hiten.
one of my Favorite players of all time
How come Ganguly's arrogance irks you; whereas Azhar's match fixing does not ? Quite fckin stupid analogy of yours, isn't it ? :finger:

How come Ganguly's arrogance irks you; whereas Azhar's match fixing does not ? Quite fckin stupid analogy of yours, isn't it ? :finger:
because Azharuddin paid the price for his acts but before that he was probably one of the most supportive captains and wasnt selfish like Ganguly. Azharuddin made a fool of himself but before that Azharuddin has dominated the most dominant bowling attacks compared to Ganguly, I dont really consider Ganguly a great hes more of a master of tackling bad bowling.

because Azharuddin paid the price for his acts but before that he was probably one of the most supportive captains and wasnt selfish like Ganguly. Azharuddin made a fool of himself but before that Azharuddin has dominated the most dominant bowling attacks compared to Ganguly' date=' I dont really consider Ganguly a great hes more of a master of tackling bad bowling.[/quote'] :omg: Dude. Azhar wasn't selfish? He ****ing sold the country - what could be more selfish? Supportive captain ? A supportive captain would be a supportive team player, which he wasn't - look at how many remarks he had made against Sachin when Sachin was given captaincy because Azhar was failing. Ganguly is a great player - I don't care what Azhar did with bowling attacks, for all I care he could've paid them to bowl at his legs - Ganguly is always greater - a better captain, a better player, and one who wouldn't sell his team mates and the country off.

Azhar ... how can anybody have any respect for him now ! As for the below quote

because Azharuddin paid the price for his acts--- How ? he didnt get jailed & only got banned at the end of his career--- but before that he was probably one of the most supportive captains and wasnt selfish like Ganguly. - Yes he ran his team mates out , fixed matches and didnt respect the effort his team mates were putting in to win the freaking match Azharuddin made a fool of himself but before that Azharuddin has dominated the most dominant bowling attacks compared to Ganguly - In the last 2-3 years of his career he was a faliure and only performed when he played against SAF and Pak... I guess everybody knows why.... I do agree that he was a good batsman once. I dont really consider Ganguly a great hes more of a master of tackling bad bowling. - I am not a big fan of ganguly either and I think he has struggled after 2004 WC but I dont think u can compare him with Mr Fix-uddin. Not fair

just dont like Ganguly. always will be selfish to me
only after ganguly came, we started believing we can still win a match however the situation was. once azhar and mongia were at the crease, against south africa in jaipur. It was in '96 i think. they were chasing and it was like 50 runs to win 30 balls. Idiots did not even try to hit a 4. they just took singles and lost the match. Is there 1 match we lost when saurav was still at the crease. But there are so many such matches like that for azhar.