Colour of skin comes in to play - dark cheerleaders told to leave

swami1984

I was just trolling regarding SRK. :P But my main point is that if big celebrities like him endorse this ideology of fair>dark' date=' then it becomes acceptable by the masses and people just don't see it as wrong or malicious. And judging by how you were defending the product, it seems you've bought into it as well.[/quote'] Where did I defend the product? I am not even sure if it works. And if it does, nothing wrong with it. It helps combat the real discrimination that does exist today in India.

As long as you can perform the job as well as anyone else you can't be discriminated against based on not just race, but also based on what anyone can perceive to be a general feature of a particular race (as in skin color of blacks).
The job of the cheerleaders is to provide titillating entertainment to the audience and given the make up of the audience under discussion, it's pretty fair(no pun intended) to say that the dark skin does not fit the job description, irrespective of which race that dark skin belongs to. Whether the inherent make up of the mind of the audience is right or wrong is a different question, but one cannot blame the organizers from excluding dark skinned girls from the cheerleaders' squad as we cannot blame them for excluding fat and physically handicapped people.

Customer's preference comes only if it get by the laws of the land. If a customer prefers someone commits a rape or a murder will you allow that in your premise?
you have actually compared preference of who u want to dance - entertainment with act of raping - sadistic , perverted. I will not go beyond this.

you have actually compared preference of who u want to dance - entertainment with act of raping - sadistic , perverted. I will not go beyond this.
No I am talking law here especially for businesses. If you go to a nudy bar and explicitly state that you only want a white and not a black, you can be sued IMO, not that I have any experience in that area.

The job of the cheerleaders is to provide titillating entertainment to the audience and given the make up of the audience under discussion' date=' it's pretty fair(no pun intended) to say that the dark skin does not fit the job description, irrespective of which race that dark skin belongs to. Whether the inherent make up of the mind of the audience is right or wrong is a different question, but one cannot blame the organizers from excluding dark skinned girls from the cheerleaders' squad as we cannot blame them for excluding fat and physically handicapped people.[/quote'] Physically handicapped people cannot perform the job at hand. "Fat people" is "relative" and "subjective", whereas belonging to a certain race is not. Also these people were hired first and then humiliated which is indefensible.

No I am talking law here especially for businesses. If you go to a nudy bar and explicitly state that you only want a white and not a black' date=' you can be sued IMO, not that I have any experience in that area.[/quote'] now u are making me laugh. if you get scared to tell them what kind of a girl u want, then they will ask u if you have come as a customer or to get a job there. infact your logic works the other way round, if a employee says she cant give you happiness because you are black, then she will get fired for sure.

now u are making me laugh. if you get scared to tell them what kind of a girl u want, then they will ask u if you have come as a customer or to get a job there. infact your logic works the other way round, if a employee says she cant give you happiness because you are black, then she will get fired for sure.
you are right. it only applies to employers and not customers, although you try to openly discriminate someone based on race even as a customer you are can probably still get sued. btw, here we are talking about a job for which they have already been hired.

you are right. it only applies to employers and not customers, although you try to openly discriminate someone based on race even as a customer you are can probably still get sued. btw, here we are talking about a job for which they have already been hired.
IPL has a contract with Whizcraft to provide them cheerleaders for the IPL games. customers have rights to demand what they want. Whizcraft will be obliged to relent to the orders. Tommorow even if IPL's organizers get sued it will be because they have used the derogatory term 'nigger' to one of Whizcraft's employees, it will not be because IPL guys have asked for girls of their racial preference. Infact Whizcraft will be sued if they refuse to send whom IPL wants. regarding openly discrimanating girls in a strip club because they dont belong to your favourite breed, you will get you butt kicked by the bouncers, yes there might be legal proceedings too. but if you ask nicely about whom you want nothing will happen.

Physically handicapped people cannot perform the job at hand. "Fat people" is "relative" and "subjective"' date=' whereas belonging to a certain race is not. Also these people were hired first and then humiliated which is indefensible.[/quote'] Given the audience even dark skinned people cannot perform the job, which also explains the absence of dark skinned Indian cheerleaders. PS: I am not defending the company's actions regarding hiring/firing etc.

Given the audience even dark skinned people cannot perform the job, which also explains the absence of dark skinned Indian cheerleaders. PS: I am not defending the company's actions regarding hiring/firing etc.
There is a difference. All blacks are dark skinned. So if you exclude blacks cause of skin color it is racism. Not all Indians are dark skinned. So, if you exclude Indians based on skin color it is not racism, just disgusting.

The job of the cheerleaders is to provide titillating entertainment to the audience and given the make up of the audience under discussion' date=' [b']it's pretty fair(no pun intended) to say that the dark skin does not fit the job description, irrespective of which race that dark skin belongs to. Whether the inherent make up of the mind of the audience is right or wrong is a different question, but one cannot blame the organizers from excluding dark skinned girls from the cheerleaders' squad as we cannot blame them for excluding fat and physically handicapped people.
:--D Seriously though , What next , girls from Africa need not participate in beauty pageants like Miss Universe because the audience in majority countries ( Africa population being minority in comparison to world ) would like fair skinned girls . The bigger problem I have is why are White girls so overrated . This reflects badly on Indians who seem to still suffer from some sort of colonial hang-ups. Some of the the Ebony colored girls are gorgeous ....

Yoda has summarized it well. You cannot ban people from a profession (even if the audience is a certain country), just because they belong to a different race (and therefore have a different color). What else is it but racism?

The bottom line is that it is wrong if you just pluck out a person from a job just because of their colour. That classifies as discrimination. Bangalore has cheerleaders that are dark-skinned. I dont think the fans care that much.

The bottom line is that it is wrong if you just pluck out a person from a job just because of their colour. That classifies as discrimination. Bangalore has cheerleaders that are dark-skinned. I dont think the fans care that much.
Yep, the fans do enjoy mixed cheerleaders. Its not like Bollywood, Tollywood, Kollywood, Mollywood, Bengaliwood etc have white actresses!

Physically handicapped people cannot perform the job at hand. "Fat people" is "relative" and "subjective"' date= whereas belonging to a certain race is not. Also these people were hired first and then humiliated which is indefensible.
In the same way, "beautiful people" is "relative" and "subjective".

:--D Seriously though ' date=' What next , girls from Africa need not participate in beauty pageants like Miss Universe because the audience in majority countries ( Africa population being minority in comparison to world ) would like fair skinned girls . The bigger problem I have is why are White girls so overrated . This reflects badly on Indians who seem to still suffer from some sort of colonial hang-ups. Some of the the Ebony colored girls are gorgeous ....[/quote'] Agree with your post completely. All I am saying is that it's simple economics why dark skinned girls are not part of the cheerleaders as it is simple economics that fat women, grannies, and physically handicapped women are not part of them. It's got nothing to do with racism. Some posters are implying that it's in some way worse to exclude Black women over dark Indian women, 80 year olds, 200 lbs girls, or girls with one leg and arm. It's not - they are simply economical decisions.

Agree with your post completely. All I am saying is that it's simple economics why dark skinned girls are not part of the cheerleaders as it is simple economics that fat women' date=' grannies, and physically handicapped women are not part of them. It's got nothing to do with racism. Some posters are implying that it's in some way worse to exclude Black women over dark Indian women, 80 year olds, 200 lbs girls, or girls with one leg and arm. It's not - they are simply economical decisions.[/quote'] But its not the same. The cheerleaders werent taken out because they were "ugly" but simply on the basis of their colour. All dark-skinned women cannot be 'ugly'

But its not the same. The cheerleaders werent taken out because they were "ugly" but simply on the basis of their colour. All dark-skinned women cannot be 'ugly'
Majority of the Indian audience perceives dark skinned women as not attractive if not ugly and that's whom the cheerleaders are catering for by their titillation.