He is a must in the ODI team

zubinpepsi

Rohit is already in the ODI team. Raina has been excellent ever since I saw him in the Challengers. However, Dhawan has been equally impressive. It's a tough choice with Badri almost breaking the damn door that is barely hanging on its hinges now :D

Rohit is already in the ODI team. Raina has been excellent ever since I saw him in the Challengers. However' date=' Dhawan has been equally impressive. It's a tough choice with Badri almost breaking the damn door that is barely hanging on its hinges now :D[/quote'] seriously...and venugopal rao seems to have visited an exorcist

what about Shikhar' date=' Badri and YKP...:nervous:[/quote'] YKP can be in the ODI squad, but I can't see him in the playing XI if we are playing 5 bowlers. Him as the 6th batsman is very very risky. If IP can evolve into an even better batsman, then playing YKP will be less risky. Shikar, haven't watched him enough. So can't comment. Badri/Venu should be the guys we should be looking at. They might fit both the #3 and the #5/6 role. And Badri seems to be very hungry for the Indian cap as well.

YKP can be in the ODI squad, but I can't see him in the playing XI if we are playing 5 bowlers. Him as the 6th batsman is very very risky. If IP can evolve into an even better batsman, then playing YKP will be less risky. Shikar, haven't watched him enough. So can't comment. Badri/Venu should be the guys we should be looking at. They might fit both the #3 and the #5/6 role. And Badri seems to be very hungry for the Indian cap as well.
In place of?

I'd like to see Yusuf Pathan in the ODI team. Perfect guy to bat at number 7.
you mean a perfect slogger...:haha:
YKP can be in the ODI squad' date=' but I can't see him in the playing XI if we are playing 5 bowlers. Him as the 6th batsman is very very risky. If IP can evolve into an even better batsman, then playing YKP will be less risky..[/quote'] You seem to sense a lot by saying that he will be in the squad and not in playing XI. I also have this kinda strong feelings, he may get a chance only and only when middle order collapses regularly:omg:+our bowlers bowl extremely well...which is far and far from actuality, atleast now.:(( About IKP, he has really shaped well into a batsman...now his place will be as a batsman who can bowl. His identity has changed miserably due to sluggish bowling performances in the recent past. I think he has lost the kill in his deliveries or say the oppositions have learnt to read the substance in his bowling.:nervous:

We tend to call good players as great. For starters Raina isn't "GREAT", he's one of the better players in the domestic circuit. That said playing international cricket in the 50 overs version or test match version is lot tougher with quality bowlers bowling through out the inning. It's lot easier to score in twenty20s than in ODIs knowing fully well that a failure in a Twenty20 does not really hurt that much. Usually a positive knock comes with positive foot work and good confidence. Unfortunately in ODIs he will need to graft as well as hit out depending on the need. I think it is best to play him in ODIs right now in place of the likes of Uthappa. Uthappa is very limited in the areas he can score but Raina looks good all around the ground. Still I won't be too excited with his showing in Twenty20s. ODIs are way different from Twenty20s.

We tend to call good players as great. For starters Raina isn't "GREAT"' date=' he's one of the better players in the domestic circuit. That said playing international cricket in the 50 overs version or test match version is lot tougher with quality bowlers bowling through out the inning. It's lot easier to score in twenty20s than in ODIs knowing fully well that a failure in a Twenty20 does not really hurt that much. Usually a positive knock comes with positive foot work and good confidence. Unfortunately in ODIs he will need to graft as well as hit out depending on the need. I think it is best to play him in ODIs right now in place of the likes of Uthappa. Uthappa is very limited in the areas he can score but Raina looks good all around the ground. Still I won't be too excited with his showing in Twenty20s. ODIs are way different from Twenty20s.[/quote'] That's right and I base my appraisal of him on what I saw during the Challengers. Of course, it was not an international attack, but we had some good Indian ODI members bowling at him and he was brimming with confidence and flair. I knew then, that this was a BIGGER and BADDER Raina :elefant:

That's right and I base my appraisal of him on what I saw during the Challengers. Of course' date=' it was not an international attack, but we had some good Indian ODI members bowling at him and he was brimming with confidence and flair. I knew then, that this was a BIGGER and BADDER Raina [b']:elefant:
lol flamy u and ur funny smilies :haha:

Raina overrated i dont think he can perform on foreign soil, ive always maintained that hes a domestic smasher not an international one Give Shikhar Dhawan a chance
Alas! atlast he is retained in the squad (as 12th man)...