EA Sports: IPL Live 2009

If EA sports made a IPL it would just end up being an eye candy with no gameplay whatsoever, highly priced, as rubbish as the titled they have brought out so far. Codemasters are no good at it either. Their recent Brian Lara cricket 07 game is a good example of how much the game makers take the cricket gaming fans for a ride. There hasn't been a single cricket game that has been even half decent so far. The EA sports 1995 Ashes edition, Shane Warne cricket 99 by codemasters and Cricket 2004 are the only worthy titles so far. Unfortuantely even those games wear out very soon and have no shelf life.

If EA sports made a IPL it would just end up being an eye candy with no gameplay whatsoever' date=' highly priced, as rubbish as the titled they have brought out so far. Codemasters are no good at it either. Their recent Brian Lara cricket 07 game is a good example of how much the game makers take the cricket gaming fans for a ride. There hasn't been a single cricket game that has been even half decent so far. The EA sports 1995 Ashes edition, Shane Warne cricket 99 by codemasters and Cricket 2004 are the only worthy titles so far. Unfortuantely even those games wear out very soon and have no shelf life.[/quote'] Yea about Cricket games seems like everyone just bats and lets the computer do autoplay for bowling and fielding, so if thats the case then theres not much enthusiasm.

Ravi, EA cricket 2004 was actually a good game for its time. It looked nice. Played good (even if we have only 8 angles to hit the ball in) and with the patch , it made the AI better. Spent countless hours in it. But the last 4 years have been horrible, whether it is EA or codemasters. Its painful to watch esp since the analog stick give 360 degree control of a game.

Ravi' date=' EA cricket 2004 was actually a good game for its time. It looked nice. Played good (even if we have only 8 angles to hit the ball in) and with the patch , it made the AI better. Spent countless hours in it. But the last 4 years have been horrible, whether it is EA or codemasters. Its painful to watch esp since the analog stick give 360 degree control of a game.[/quote'] Remind me about it, I put in countless of hours into the AI patches for cricket2004 on planetcricket. Post cricket 2004 EA has produced some rubbish titles. Cricket 2004 was probably the best after the AI patches and the swing was introduced. Unfortunately EA tightened some of the stuff but introduced heaps of bugs in the next few versions. :angry_smile:
If EA sports made a IPL it would just end up being an eye candy with no gameplay whatsoever' date=' highly priced, as rubbish as the titled they have brought out so far. Codemasters are no good at it either. Their recent Brian Lara cricket 07 game is a good example of how much the game makers take the cricket gaming fans for a ride. There hasn't been a single cricket game that has been even half decent so far. The EA sports 1995 Ashes edition, Shane Warne cricket 99 by codemasters and Cricket 2004 are the only worthy titles so far. Unfortuantely even those games wear out very soon and have no shelf life.[/quote'] I disagree on that - check out my post on International Cricket Captain :D
I disagree on that - check out my post on International Cricket Captain :D
ICC is not that bad but that also wears out given there is not much action in terms of involvement. All we get to chose is the line and length of the bowler. The bowling though is never quite as you selected. Similarly in batting even though you get to select the aggression level the game has its own mind. Doesn't matter what field setup you select the game just ignores that. It's a good management game and can thrill at times but can't keep a gamer's interest for too long. I've had some good times with the ICC titles but can't say it is one of the better games. Irrespective of your tactics the game has it's own mind simply because it is a simulation game. The results are calculated based on the numbers against each player in the team and not on the ability of the gamer. Still a decent title to have and is way better than the likes of Cricket 2007, 2005, ricky ponting titles and the rest.
ICC is not that bad but that also wears out given there is not much action in terms of involvement. All we get to chose is the line and length of the bowler. The bowling though is never quite as you selected. Similarly in batting even though you get to select the aggression level the game has its own mind. Doesn't matter what field setup you select the game just ignores that. It's a good management game and can thrill at times but can't keep a gamer's interest for too long. I've had some good times with the ICC titles but can't say it is one of the better games. Irrespective of your tactics the game has it's own mind simply because it is a simulation game. The results are calculated based on the numbers against each player in the team and not on the ability of the gamer. Still a decent title to have and is way better than the likes of Cricket 2007' date=' 2005, ricky ponting titles and the rest.[/quote'] hah well I love to build up statistics...my best India batsman played for around 16 seasons, and broke all sorts of batting records in Test and FC cricket (eg. his test average at retirement was around 72! - but for around 10 years he was above 80) County cricket is fun when you pick a random county (I picked Gloucestershire) that sucks and watch them succeed in 2-3 years time. Its great fun in buying/selling and trading players