Batting was shambles today; you should ask Kohli what shot he played: Sunil Gavaskar tears into India batters after WTC final failure

sage

Not long ago "Kohli is one of the best player against spin"  came from Sunil Gavaskar.  Even after watching his struggles against Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Bangla spinners, Nathan Lyon over the last 3 or  4 years he was saying this. As a fan he probably knew Kohli was sucking against spin. But in commentary box he has to spin another narrative to keep Kohli sponsors happy.  Basically the commies are all part of the problem. I know Commentators cannot be biased in the commentary box. They are biased anyway. Atleast make honest comment like Simon Doull who has been calling out stat padders.

1 hour ago, sensible-indian said:

Yeah.

But requires a special kind of mentality to aim for that from ball 1.

India was mentally done by Day 1 after Aus assault.

My friends kept asking me can we chase or draw..I kept saying no for the sole reason that our mindset is coming from a place of negativity.

If Rohit had any confidence in his teams batting ability, he would have batted first.

On 6/11/2023 at 6:29 PM, jalebi_bhai said:

Why would you use IPL as a metric for Test cricket? You have Ranji trophy, Irani trophy etc for that.

The selectors do, not me. IPL is the main yardstick now and no youngster aspires to play Ranji or Irani, no one cares about that, it’s all about IPL. Just look at Gill, how he has worked on his T20 game at the cost of red ball cricket, and that’s how it’s going to be.

41 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not long ago "Kohli is one of the best player against spin"  came from Sunil Gavaskar.  Even after watching his struggles against Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Bangla spinners, Nathan Lyon over the last 3 or  4 years he was saying this. As a fan he probably knew Kohli was sucking against spin. But in commentary box he has to spin another narrative to keep Kohli sponsors happy.  Basically the commies are all part of the problem. I know Commentators cannot be biased in the commentary box. They are biased anyway. Atleast make honest comment like Simon Doull who has been calling out stat padders.

once the next series begins and Brattus Rattus scores a useless 50, he will be back to licking kohli's boots

3 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

If we dead batted, we would have scored 100 runs and lost a session later...only to be criticized for the weak approach.

We should have batted normally with more caution and then gone for dead batting the last session.

ABD style dead batting takes incredible skill and none except Pujara possess that in this lineup.

Pujara of 2023 does not have that skill; this is not 2018 pujara

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

once the next series begins and Brattus Rattus scores a useless 50, he will be back to licking kohli's boots

Even foreign commies are hestitating to comment about Indian batsmen. Simon Doull made a remark about Kohli. That's it. Everyone was losing their mind.