Rank them as all rounders in Tests

18 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Sample is low, that's the point. Also, in 2018, India had better batting than Aus without a doubt in absence of Warner and Smith. In 2020, Jaddu did well.

But he is no Stokes with bat. Stokes is like inconsistent version of KP with bat, as good as any 40 averaging batsman. 

KP played a big role in winning in India 2012 on rank turners and in Australia 2010. Also scored ton in SL to draw the series.

Stokes is yet to do any such stuff.

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

KP played a big role in winning in India 2012 on rank turners and in Australia 2010. Also scored ton in SL to draw the series.

Stokes is yet to do any such stuff.

Stokes was also player of series in South Africa and played a GOAT level knock at Headingley 2019 and ATG level knock last test in Lords 2023 vs Aussies. 

KP used to do same, perform in one match of a series and then go missing in rest. Ofcourse, Stokes is even more inconsistent which is what I mentioned at first place. 

Edited by Majestic
4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Stokes was also player of series in South Africa and played a GOAT level knock at Headingley 2019 and ATG level knock last test in Lords 2023 vs Aussies. 

KP used to do same, perform in one match of a series and then go missing in rest. Ofcourse, Stokes is even more inconsistent which is what I mentioned at first place. 

Headingley and Lords are home for him. I havent mentioned KP's home knocks. KP even performed v Warne and McGrath in Aus.

That SA knock was on patta in a drawn game.Did nothing much apart from it.

12 minutes ago, Lord said:

Headingley and Lords are home for him. I havent mentioned KP's home knocks. KP even performed v Warne and McGrath in Aus.

That SA knock was on patta in a drawn game.Did nothing much apart from it.

Imo kp is the best ever English player. Way better match winner than root. 

Kp is the best from that region.

I rate him above kohli as well. 

Jadeja is a better all rounder than Stokes in Tests for sure.. Stokes is too glorified for his glory knocks.  Jadeja is not fancy but his all round contribution for India has much bigger importance than stokes for Eng. Stokes is a good fielder but Jadeja does add a lot on the field along with balanced contribution with bat and ball. Many a times comes in to bat with Indian in trouble. Its not about absolute numbers. For sure Stokes is a better batsman but not a better overall all rounder. Spinners often do not get their due as all rounders because of all the craze for phaast bowlers.