million dollar question

umpire

there will be followup news' date=' player trades, dravid's fate with bangalore, premier league info, etc before the next IPL season starts.[/quote'] For quite a while, there will be DEFINITELY be follow-up news, and certainly we will post it. If you close the IPL forum, we have to post it in the Cricket forum. I prefer to post in IPL forum. But, post we will anyway.

do not close it- it'll be nonsensical; the fun in terms of news will start now; who acquires whom, thechanges,the marketing, strategies...... Whether someone likes it or not the fact is that this is the future of cricket now

I don't think we should close it. We created it in the very first place to separate the IPL centric threads and we should continue to do the same I suppose. We can move this IPL forums inside the main cricket forums if that helps.

I don't think we should close it. We created it in the very first place to separate the IPL centric threads and we should continue to do the same I suppose.
:two_thumbs_up:
We can move this IPL forums inside the main cricket forums if that helps.
I dunno why it needs to be moved "inside" and I dont think it helps much. But if many think it will 'help' in some way, then ok. The way it is now seems just perfect.

Guest HariSampath

I am not sure what I vote on this....my vote is opposite of whatever Ticz votes :D But seriously I think we can just leave it as it is...there would be IPL news, interviews, articles etc all through the year. We would also have situations later this season ( like Asia cup, Champions trophy, Aussie series etc), where IPL teammates face off, and we may want to bump threads, news, quotes etc...why clutter Cricket Talk ? Afterall no one is gonna post Non IPL stuff there, and the presence of a forum also helps prevent IPL stuff from dominating Cricket talk, for next one month or so...

i think we should let it open for just 7 more days...whtever news or interviews..or any controversy ...they will all be reported in next 7-8 days.. and then it should be read only thread.. and thereafter.... make a sticky IPL thread in cricket forum..where all the news can be posted and discussed.. after all..now most of our time will be spent on cricket forum..with so many international matches coming up... close the IPL forum... and Lets go back to square one...

Disagree. 7-8 days of news ...u think after that there will not be follow up news? In anycase, if some folks are NOT interested in following IPL forum anymore, then they can stick to Cricket Talk forum. Let others continue posting in IPL forum - why do you want to PREVENT it? Whoever wants to post in IPL forum should be free to continue, if you dont want to read it, then DONT read it. And NO - I will NOT stick to one thread in Cricket talk for IPL. That is BS to obscure things. If you close IPL forum, then just as I would post in IPL, I will create separate threads for IPL info in Cricket Talk. No single thread BS please.