srilanka will be dangerous

Re: srilanka will be dangerous Hmmm.. Ravi, right. But what if Murali, Vaas, Bandara etc contain/bowl out an opposition for a low score and their batsmen reach that score slowly, even with much difficulty? Their bowling is a threat on these kinds of pitches!

Re: srilanka will be dangerous Their bowling attack is a joke. Vaas is innocuous, poses no threat whatsoever and is quite easy to see off. Malinga is quick but has little control; although he can be useful with those inswinging yorkers, he rarely gets his radar right over the course of 10 overs...as evidenced by his performances in SL's last two series vs NZ and IND - which saw him being hit to sh*t. Fernando is a very ordinary bowler, hits the deck hard but again, very hittable - lots of buffet bowling on offer as far as this mong is concerned. Maharoof can keep it tight for the most part, but goes to pieces once the batsmen go after him. So the onus for taking wickets lies solely with Chuttiah Chuthilitharan...if he delivers; the rest will fall in line. Bandara is a decent leggie, and i like his action. Don't rate the rest though - they can be impossible to handle on slower pitches, but against good batsmen on flat decks, they won't do much. India will F*CK SL in this WC...i expect Banglastan to give IND a tougher game.

Re: srilanka will be dangerous

Hmmm.. Ravi, right. But what if Murali, Vaas, Bandara etc contain/bowl out an opposition for a low score and their batsmen reach that score slowly, even with much difficulty? Their bowling is a threat on these kinds of pitches!
For Sri Lanka to win their 7-8 players have to chip in. I don't trust Vaas, Murali and Malinga can do it day in day out. Vaas and Murali can form a good combination but I doubt Malinga will be effective every game. He will have his day but not every game. One look at their batting and tell me who the genuine match winners are. I cannot think beyond Jayasuriya and Sangakkara. Tharanaga and couple others are good but they aren't in their best form and I don't trust they are big match winners. At best they can play second fiddle.

And you thought, Saffies & Windies are favs ?
Yep. SL are trash. I can't believe how highly people rate them; despite the fact that they have done absolutely nothing of note in the recent past and have traditonally been everyone's whipping boys outside the subcontinent. India will own them and even the ultra-crappy Banglastanis will give 'em a good run for their money as well.
Not putting any money on your prediction! Wrong on both accounts. They gave BD a lesson in cricketing, and India didn't fair too well either. I won't be surprise if SL and AUS shows up in the Final. But then again, I am no Nostradum.

Not putting any money on your prediction! Wrong on both accounts. They gave BD a lesson in cricketing' date=' and India didn't fair too well either. I won't be surprise if SL and AUS shows up in the Final. But then again, I am no Nostradum.[/quote'] Well, that is how it is with predictions. You aren't always going get them right. I don't hold back, I always say what is on my mind and i don't regret doing so on that occasion either.