Lefties' domination of world cricket

Ram

If there is something thats impossible to miss, its the disproportionate number of left-handers who play in international cricket teams, taking their ratio in the overall population into account. Most batting line-ups are dominated by Southpaws and the number of left-arm pacers has been steadily on the rise. Any special reason for this? P.S: I love it though, its good to see men of my own 'tribe' turn it on. :-D

Amazing Sriram, I was thinking the same thoughts today. Gambhir, Raina & Yuvraj- what a triumvirate! Just love the way these blokes play their strokes- with flair, panache, and a total absence of fear. There's no doubt- lefties bring another dimension to the game, a more visceral, intuitive one than the rather schooled and methodical right handers.

I always thought that the south paws are naturally aggressive .
Depends on what you mean by "aggressive". Of course, there are the Graeme Smiths, Matthew Haydens and the Jayasuriyas of the world but there are also people like Shiv Chanderpaul, Simon Krapich, Alistair Cook and Andrew Strauss who arent exactly the batsmen that bowlers fear deep in their hearts.
Guest dada_rocks

Man I read leftist ( need to go little easy on dose of politics) :hysterical: Just picture Somnath Chaterjee taking guards with bat in left hand:haha:

Same can be said about left hand bowlers as well....That's wierd Bracken, Tanvir, Sidebottom (in Test), Irfan pathan, Asif, Zaheer Khan, malinga, and more to come.... Being lefties bring more successful as we can take example of Wasim Akram who was successful with both bat and ball

Depends on what you mean by "aggressive". Of course' date=' there are the Graeme Smiths, Matthew Haydens and the Jayasuriyas of the world but there are also people like Shiv Chanderpaul, Simon Krapich, Alistair Cook and Andrew Strauss who arent exactly the batsmen that bowlers fear deep in their hearts.[/quote'] And the greatest of them all... Sadagoppan Ramesh :adore:
Asif? Malinga? Helllllp, guys!
Asif bowls right but bats left-handed.
P.S: I love it though, its good to see men of my own 'tribe' turn it on. :-D
Sriram, it is also interesting to note that Sachin autographs with his left hand. Some consolation for you:-D