To Celebrate or Not Celebrate?

Pakistan have been humiliated again, and are probably out of the cup. Do you feel happy, sad, slightly bemused? While India stand second in the Test tables, Pakistan flounder at 7th. India are on the cusp of going 3rd in the ODI rankings. Pakistan plummets towards the bottom at sixth. There's no greater blow to the ordinary Joe Ahmad on the potholed streets of Lahore. How do you regard these vicissitudes? With unbridled joy? With indifference? Or sadness?
Looks like I'm the the only odd one out here who doesn't feel any extra happiness at Pakistan's demise at someone's else's hand. In fact their decline is worrying me as yet another test nation has gone down the drains and the world cricket at the moment is in very poor health with hardly any country remaining to challenge the depth and brilliance of Australia. This way how will people keep their interest alive in the real cricket, ie, test cricket? WI has already joined the ranks of the minnows and NZ and Pak are on their way. I just wonder how should I feel happy about their decline!!
I never feel any sympathy for the pakistani people for their arrogance such as ''Eating meat will make any Abdullah into an Imran khan or wasim Akram ''.
Where do you get Pakistani fans to talk to? I had few Pak fans on the forum where I used to post previously and many of them used to post a lot of stats etc. But no one talked this rubbish!
I am indifferent when it's any other team besides India that beats the beloved padosees. Pak used to be my second fave team' date=' but like many others here, [b']after interacting with the fans on old ICF and the padosee board, that changed drastically. They don't ever feel bad for us when we lose to another team, why should we feel bad for them?
Oh well! So this is the difference I suppose! I was never on the old ICF.

Nope i am not happy at Pakistan's recent form.

I am indifferent when it's any other team besides India that beats the beloved padosees. Pak used to be my second fave team' date=' [b']but like many others here, after interacting with the fans on old ICF and the padosee board, that changed drastically. They don't ever feel bad for us when we lose to another team, why should we feel bad for them?
I must confess that i have a similar feeling. If it wasn't for this site i would have been rooting for IND to win the final against Lanka(if they get there) which is a bit sad because i am letting an online forum influence my likes and dislikes but thats the unfortunate truth.I will still root for my favorite players like Ishant Sharma but would like his team to lose.
one reason for our sympathy may be because we Indians are more tolerant about religious beliefs... we don't consider Non-Hindus as some outcast people... Many of us might have gone to Gurudrawa, churches, and other places of worship... but for Muslims...Hindus are one of their biggest enemies...yes..since we already are Kaafirs according to their beliefs and we indulge in Idol Worship...so double whammy.. otherwise...i don't know how to describe the attitudes of of some Muslim Bangladeshis.. How can they forget that pakistanis looted their property...raped their mothers and sisters...treated them as third class citizen...yes..dear fellows..its ROP.. But to address Shwetabh's concern...we can help build a Nepal team...into a world team to compensate for the demise of Pakistani cricket from international arena.. But yes...for me..i would want India to give them such a scar in each game they play..that their next seven generations..would feel the brunt of it..every time they would hear that India is playing..
Yes, in Indian forums we only talk about cricket... But in padosi forums, they talk about demonizing India all the time - as a country I mean. There is constant chatter about the superstitious customs or crime in India. I am not supporting those incidents... but why bring it up in a cricket forum? If we start talking about their social life at present, they will say we are arrogant.
[...snip...] But yes...for me..i would want India to give them such a scar in each game they play..that their next seven generations..would feel the brunt of it..every time they would hear that India is playing..
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::D
Nope i am not happy at Pakistan's recent form. I must confess that i have a similar feeling. If it wasn't for this site i would have been rooting for IND to win the final against Lanka(if they get there) which is a bit sad because i am letting an online forum influence my likes and dislikes but thats the unfortunate truth.I will still root for my favorite players like Ishant Sharma but would like his team to lose.
MP, I really envy you and Chandan because you have not let parochialism overcome your judgement unlike the rest of us. You can still appreciate good cricket when it comes from Indian players, your opinions are always honest, unbiased and refreshing, and I feel rather evil when I read your posts,:cantstop: Don't worry about not wanting India to win. After reading most of the opinions on this thread, nobody will hold it against you.
Nope i am not happy at Pakistan's recent form. I must confess that i have a similar feeling. If it wasn't for this site i would have been rooting for IND to win the final against Lanka(if they get there) which is a bit sad because i am letting an online forum influence my likes and dislikes but thats the unfortunate truth.I will still root for my favorite players like Ishant Sharma but would like his team to lose.
MP, I can completely identify with what you said. It is sad that online tiffs have caused me to change my outlook towards Pak team but that's just the way it is now. I don't think I can go back to supporting Pak as my 2nd fav team.
Guest dada_rocks

So more or less majority attribute their relative indifference scorn hatred or whatver it is to online tiff on forums.. Did you guys by any chance bunk history lessons in school ..:winky: these online tiffs are not even an insiginficant arcane footnote in comparison.. whatever I feel about pakistan pakistani team comes from history books; online tiffs have hardly anything to do..

So more or less majority attribute their relative indifference scorn hatred or whatver it is to online tiff on forums.. Did you guys by any chance bunk history lessons in school ..:winky: these online tiffs are not even an insiginficant arcane footnote in comparison.. whatever I feel about pakistan pakistani team comes from history books; online tiffs have hardly anything to do..
I was never really into Social Science and more into computers. We just took different roads to the same destination. :D

I honestly wish they were better I am happy that we're beating them, but not entirely satisfied. I'd much rather that their cricket be at the very best level, and we still manage to beat them. The fact that we are thrashing a Gul-less, Asif-less, Akhtar-less, classless attack leaves something to be desired. OTOH, thrashing them in WC 2003 as a thrill.