Pakistan officially a minnow now

Guest dada_rocks
India defeated Sri Lanka once, and went through to Final Sri Lanka defeated Pakistan once, and went through to Final Pakistan defeated India once, and out of tournament.... Can you explain? No team has consistently dominated each other yet If Pakistan vs India series again, this time i would say Pakistan....only time will tell in Champion Trophy.. Akhtar, Gul, Asif with Rauf and Ajmel Sahab :--D... Why not admit after Champion Trophy ...Pakistan vs India in first round ...Pakistan will prove why Statics remain headline between them :dance:
4-1 3-1 that's as convincing as one can get........other q dhondy has explained
Yes, I can explain. India and Pakistan played 3 big matches, twice against each other, and once against SL. India won 2 of those matches, Pakistan only one. Hence India are in the final, Pakistan aren't. Do you understand simple math?
MalikBother PWNED!
I am finally starting to see the glimpses of the incredible talent that PAK were so famous for. The likes of Ajmal' date='A Rauf and Jamsheed have had a very encouraging start to their careers.[/quote'] You clutching at straws there a bit, MP. Rauf hardly gets above 80 mph, and Ajmal has played just one match. Jamshed suddenly got going against India, but cramped up after scoring 50. We'll have to see a lot more of all of them before using superlatives such as incredible talent.
Guest dada_rocks

U guys don't get it.. Talent and its association with pakistan is kind of given, even semblance of that sign you can safely throw the word superlative talent... For rest of the world actually one needs to see consisten peformance before bestowing superlative-talent epithet.. Suresh raina flat track bully can't play short pitch ball because he got out once pulling. How many sixes and fours he hits by pull shot is immaterial.. he remains a no talent clown who needs to prove he has talent for a decade or so........ Sehwag still is no talent clown despite scoring at 50+ average in test cricket otoh afridi mian is talented doesn't matetr what his stat says.. BTW, most of the losers can safely claim and mostly do that I am talented but won't have discipline hence I am a loser......... :winky: On the sidenote: always wondered why would anyone take pride in natural talent.. heck it means something was bestowed on you by the almighty so if anyone deserves the praise then it's that sucker sitting up in the sky who claims to be just but distributes talent unjustly :haha:.... If you must take pride then pride yourself over some achievement through hard-work and discipline..

Yes, I can explain. India and Pakistan played 3 big matches, twice against each other, and once against SL. India won 2 of those matches, Pakistan only one. Hence India are in the final, Pakistan aren't. Do you understand simple math?
Pakistan has won the series in Bangladesh...Guess which team Pakistan has played in Final? Pakistan has defeated India by losing only two wickets and dominated em in both department It's also true that Sri Lanka lost to India on purpose to let India advance to Final...We all know that, but not gonna talk about that.....After seeing Sri Lanka players body language, anyone can tell they deliberately gave poor performance on purpose...That has been discussed on several forums including Australia forum as well. Because of poor format, Pakistan is out of series, but i am not even complaining about that...It's okay...At the end, Pakistan played like Champion which all matter to me... Basically, in this year...India won twice and Pakistan twice ...2-2 (From Tri Series to Asia Cup) Pakistan only lost to Sri Lanka in second round, but lost to India in first round which it wasn't important cause Pakistan was already in second round. Basically, as i said Sri Lanka took advantage of having 4 points against Bangladesh which we can't blame on that team due to poor format of this series, and needed one win in order to advance to Final..... That also show Pakistan has won once in the same round as India did...If you check run rate, Pakistan run rate is much higher than India now ...Does that ring you bell now? India doesn't even deserve to be in Final either....Plain truth....:--D why? After checking out on several forums, the response from them were the same and that was Sri Lanka was afraid to face Pakistan in Final in spite of defeating Pakistan once in second round....:--D
4-1 3-1 that's as convincing as one can get........other q dhondy has explained
6-2 and Pakistan is still better than India if we talk about their history....Pakistan has dominated India for like decade which India yet to dominate....:--D
You clutching at straws there a bit, MP. Rauf hardly gets above 80 mph, and Ajmal has played just one match. Jamshed suddenly got going against India, but cramped up after scoring 50. We'll have to see a lot more of all of them before using superlatives such as incredible talent.
Not a good idea to go by these speed guns. Today Shahdat Hussian was bowling a rapid spell yet the speed gun yet most of his balls were being clocked at 127 kph. A Rauf has been around for a while and was a lot quicker a few years ago so his speed will certainly improve once he is given 8-10 consecutive games. Ajmal on the other hand has very obvious talent and its really hard to understand why he wasn't given a chance for all these years. His doosra not only spins a long way but also bounces a lot, on one occasion he bowled a ball just short of good length and it spin and bounced over the keeper's head so i don't think too many batsmen would want attack him. Jamsheed has fitness issues and some times gets carried away after hitting a couple of boundaries but these days you need players like him who can use the power plays.
No doubt. Pakistan with the steroid squad are a formidable bowling lineup.
This comment is bit childish now. Aren't Pakistani players being tested over and over again after the incident? Right now, only PCB is testing Pakistani players and so far, they are proved negative which is sign that they have given up. :--D The question remain that BCCI is taking drug test on India players now? I am pretty sure Harbajjan Singh is taking drug :haha:. Before blame on Pakistan, better check on India first :finger:
This comment is bit childish now. Aren't Pakistani players being tested over and over again after the incident? Right now, only PCB is testing Pakistani players and so far, they are proved negative which is sign that they have given up. :--D The question remain that BCCI is taking drug test on India players now? I am pretty sure Harbajjan Singh is taking drug :haha:. Before blame on Pakistan, better check on India first :finger:
No, we are the RICHEST board in the world. Nobody questions us and we don't give a eff. We can dope all we want.:yay:. I am sorry to hear that other countries like yours don't have that luxury.:winky: Cmon bhaji, one more shot of Nandrolone , and then some Heroine. oh, wait.
I am finally starting to see the glimpses of the incredible talent that PAK were so famous for. The likes of Ajmal' date='A Rauf and Jamsheed have had a very encouraging start to their careers.[/quote'] Ajmal's doosra is delievered with the back of the hand facing the batsman... i assure you, it will be spotted each time he bowls it in his second match. as for rauf, he has promise, but its early days. Quite frankly, there really has not been any significant talent out of pakistan since mohammed asif (with respect to bowling), however, the batting talent of naseem jamshed is showing considerable talent! nonetheless, the pakistani team has considerable problems: its frontline bowlers are injury prone and their replacements, i.e. tanvir and rao and wahab riaz are utter sh*t.
Not a good idea to go by these speed guns. Today Shahdat Hussian was bowling a rapid spell yet the speed gun yet most of his balls were being clocked at 127 kph. A Rauf has been around for a while and was a lot quicker a few years ago so his speed will certainly improve once he is given 8-10 consecutive games. Ajmal on the other hand has very obvious talent and its really hard to understand why he wasn't given a chance for all these years. His doosra not only spins a long way but also bounces a lot, on one occasion he bowled a ball just short of good length and it spin and bounced over the keeper's head so i don't think too many batsmen would want attack him. Jamsheed has fitness issues and some times gets carried away after hitting a couple of boundaries but these days you need players like him who can use the power plays.
haha wait till their careers to get bombed by indian / aussie players. Cant wait to finish another "spinners" career from pakistan :hysterical::hysterical:. A Rauf? rofl, all his wickets were given to him cuz of indian players stupidity (sehwag and his dumb deft touches, raina... lesss said the better about that shot). Now coming on to Jamsheed he is a such a one dimensional player on leg... india had him since he kept on playing there and they placed fieldsmen there... well he would have been gone at 24 if praveen kumar didnt mess it up... only positive is ajmal, but more the matches he plays the more he will get canned.
Ajmal's doosra is delievered with the back of the hand facing the batsman... i assure you' date=' it will be spotted each time he bowls it in his second match. as for rauf, he has promise, but its early days.[/quote'] Yes thats a valid observation, he doesn't disguise the doosra as well as Saqlain and i am sure good batsman will be able to pick it after 5-6 games but even then its still a very diifficult ball to play because of the spin and bounce that he can generate from the pitch. I am not saying that A Rauf is the next Waqar Younis or Ajmal is the next Saqi or Jamsheed is the next Anwar but there are still more than decent talents and if given a consistent chance they would almost certainly producing better results than what the team has accomplished in recent times.
Yes thats a valid observation, he doesn't disguise the doosra as well as Saqlain and i am sure good batsman will be able to pick it after 5-6 games but even then its still a very diifficult ball to play because of the spin and bounce that he can generate from the pitch. I am not saying that A Rauf is the next Waqar Younis or Ajmal is the next Saqi or Jamsheed is the next Anwar but there are still more than decent talents and if given a consistent chance they would almost certainly producing better results than what the team has accomplished in recent times.
dont worry mate, i am not accusing you of anything you did not say... Jamshed is promising, though he has yet to be tested... but mind you, on a bowler friendly pitch if he can maintain a 25+ average, he is better than the entire motley crew of ex openeres: hameed, nazir, farhat, and yes... butt! As for Ajmal, i always root for the underdog, and that man's tryst with destiny is at hand. he deserves a steady spot in the team if he can replicate the success he had against us, a rampaging batting lineup and unresponsive pitches notwithstanding. Its rauf who has not quite convinced me. He is promising indeed, but if you notice, his dismissal of Raina was a chance dismissal... Raina, contrary to the prevelant rumours, is quite adept at handing the chin music, but his miscued his shot (a top edge) that flew to the fielder who was sort of at square leg rather than fine leg...
Guest dada_rocks

Saqlain got shown what was his worth by sehwag, luck favoured him since Indi/Pak didn't play often in those days hence his mystery remained mystery.. Otherwise his fate too woudl have been the same.. godd thing sensing that PCB dropped him.. If u are spinner u are bound to get owned by india..

Saqlain was a very talented spinner, and watching him, I actually took up spin bowliing for sometime. But I always hated the fact off-spin bowling involved some bending/chucking at the very core. I couldnt get over that fact and hence switched back to medium pace. I had a relapse into leg spin when Shane was at peak of his powers too.

Saqlain got shown what was his worth by sehwag' date=' [b']luck favoured him since Indi/Pak didn't play often in those days hence his mystery remained mystery.. Otherwise his fate too woudl have been the same.. godd thing sensing that PCB dropped him.. If u are spinner u are bound to get owned by india..
Can you please check how many ODIs he has played against India? thanks