Srilanka and their strategy

I don't think India should be worried. I'm a sri lankan fan and I registered to get some views on what India feels about SL. I aint feeling the love! India will win this bout hands down. Yeah' date=' we have Vaas, Murali and Mendis and? India's top 5 average over 50 and have a SR over 100 except for Dhoni...hmmm....If Sana fires and the middle order scores then yes, we have a chance. btw, why is ojha in the team intead of Chawla?[/quote'] That's the problem with Sri Lankan fans! They are so down to earth and humble, it's difficult to be really cross in debate with them. Aman, your side is pretty darn good, man. Just tell the Pakistanis you didn't fake the last match, for goodness sake. Welcome to the forum, BTW.
I didn't like it. I reckon it'll backfire on us [i'm sri lankan btw] just like the wc07. India will just decimate us. I'm hoping they wont but whats the point in hoping if there is no way we could India. Actually' date= the only way we'll beat India is if Sanath fires and mendis, vaas and murali concede only 4.5 rpo in their full quota of ten overs.
i can assure you that Surya ( sanath) will score against us as he always does...and considering the pitches in Asia cup..i think expecting an avg of 4.5 is not resonable IMO...
That's the problem with Sri Lankan fans! They are so down to earth and humble, it's difficult to be really cross in debate with them. Aman, your side is pretty darn good, man. Just tell the Pakistanis you didn't fake the last match, for goodness sake. Welcome to the forum, BTW.
Srilankans in general are so down to earthhhh n humble..
:confused_smile:True. I'm confused. If India bat first they'll put up a huge score and we won't chase it. If SL bat first they'll post a max of 310 and India could easily romp home by attacking the lesser bowlers. There's no way out. :nervous:
Actually, if India bat first i'd back Sri Lanka to win fairly easily. Lanka's bowling attack is a very disciplined one and they are backed up by an excellent fielding unit, so i don't expect India to score more than 310. The Lankan batsmen shouldn't have too many problems chasing that down, especially if Jayasuriya gives them the kind of start he did on Thursday. If Lanka bat first, then it's 50-50. ...and welcome to ICF ! :two_thumbs_up: Hopefully you will stick around for a while and discuss the upcoming IND-SL test series with us
Err....if the going get's tough in the IND-SL seris' date=' then i might sneak back to slcricket.com....lol....just kidding..I'll always stick by my mother lanka and i'm sure you guys would stick by yours as well.[/quote'] absolutely v love our country :icflove: but welcome to this site..hope ur stay here is warm and friendly and we all are seriously looking forward to the Lanka series in August ..and btw if Jaya fires against us as he always does then its curtains for us..so im praying that he gets a out early or a quickfire 30 or 40 nothing more than that..v dont want this final to be one sided..:nervous:
:confused_smile:True. I'm confused. If India bat first they'll put up a huge score and we won't chase it. If SL bat first they'll post a max of 310 and India could easily romp home by attacking the lesser bowlers. There's no way out. :nervous:
SL have the advantage, Aman. India tends to choke in big matches, and Sehwag & Gambhir get carried away at times! So, SL are favorites on this type of pitches. Diff story if its Aus pitches.
SL have the advantage' date=' Aman. [b']India tends to choke in big matches, and Sehwag & Gambhir get carried away at times! So, SL are favorites on this type of pitches. Diff story if its Aus pitches.
that was Indian teams in the past not the present Indian team
It was a cunning move on SL's part. They "rested" Vaas and Mendis for a purpose. I have my reservations on how the Indian openers can handle Vaas, they'll be under a false sense of confidence now. Also, Mendis is a completely new variable in the middle overs. SL want the Asia Cup and they are using all their resources magnificiently. This was pure strategy. Gotta give it to the Lankans :hatsoff:
like I said...
well we had a similar strategy... they held back mendis... we held back utthappa... slight difference in end result; one talent prevailed, and the other... well he is not a talent and lets leave it there.
moronic post. WTF do u want him to do? He came in with no match practice at all while the clowns rohit and raina f'ked up after getting all the batting practice and looking like world beaters against HK and UAE. And if u think uthappa is not a talent, then I have one suggestion for u - get down on ur knees and f'kin choke urself.
:hahaha: Uthappa is a talent? :hysterical: sayz who? Uthappa :haha: Seriously I hope they drop this lunatic Robin Uthappam, and get Shikhar Dhawan or Badrinath
I hear that ur a certified lunatic here. So u calling him a lunatic is actually a compliment to him.:haha: