Who will win the SL-IND test series ?

Who will win the SL-IND test series ?  

1. 1.

• Sri Lanka - they are too good for us right now
    • Draw - lots of runs from FTBs and not enough wickets
    • India - we won tests in England and Australia, so why not here

Wow. I thought you had more faith in him. I don't think he will slump to those lows, but i don't expect him to be anywhere near as prolific as he was from '02-'06. Watching legends like Dravid struggling now and remembering Ganguly's travails a few years ago makes me respect Tendulkar even more. Just 1 forgettable season in a career spanning almost 20 years.
The big difference of course is that Tendulkar's problem was in the mind, while Dravid's is in slowing down of reflexes and deterioration of technique. He's still mentally there, but simply can't deal with movement off the pitch, particularly the away going ball, or unexpected bounce. Throughout his career, he has been alongside the ball at the point of contact, rather than behind it like Tendulkar, which would have shown up a lesser player. He got away with it because he always played the ball so late. Now, he sees the ball a millisecond later, his reflexes are slowing, so he lunges at it because he's not sure he can keep it out. Hence that quirk of not being behind the ball will cost him his wicket, because more often than not, it will find the edge of his bat, either to the keeper or onto the stumps.
The big difference of course is that Tendulkar's problem was in the mind, while Dravid's is in slowing down of reflexes and deterioration of technique. He's still mentally there, but simply can't deal with movement off the pitch, particularly the away going ball, or unexpected bounce. Throughout his career, he has been alongside the ball at the point of contact, rather than behind it like Tendulkar, which would have shown up a lesser player. He got away with it because he always played the ball so late. Now, he sees the ball a millisecond later, his reflexes are slowing, so he lunges at it because he's not sure he can keep it out. Hence that quirk of not being behind the ball will cost him his wicket, because more often than not, it will find the edge of his bat, either to the keeper or onto the stumps.
Do you really think so? I felt Dravid has lost some confidence in his own ability and feels he should play within himself and not play any rash shots

^ I certainly won't write him off Dhondy. He was showing good signs in the series against Pakistan before the "think tank" decided to play Yuvraj and open with him in Australia where he was just abysmal at Melbourne. However as I wrote above, he has started to claw back into form. He is not a batsman who is going to blaze into form by playing a few flashy strokes and a quick confident innings. His 270 at Rawalpindi was a lesson in test batting as far as an out of form batsman scoring runs is concerned. By the end of that innings he was hitting the ball over the head of mid wicket right between long on and deep mid wicket teasing three fielders in one shot. He might not be able to become the batsman he was during his peak but these guys don't become such good batsmen without the ability to constantly work on their game and innovate. He'll easily average 40-45+ which is a lot better than what we can expect of Yuvraj.

Here is the schedule; India won't play at Kandy, the venue where they last beat SL back in '01, but they will play at two venues where Sri Lanka beat India in that same series - Galle and SSC. Ganguly, Dravid, and Bhajji will remember those losses, but the others won't because they weren't there Any predictions ?
only one tour match... could be harsh during the first test... second might a draw or a narrow win for the hosts... but expect us to rampage home in the third.

Mendis is the key in my opinion. India should be able to beat this side easily minus Mendis ...but since Mendis is the new big thing , im sure he will play and the pitch is going assist spinners which is good since most of the test matches in SL end in draws. I guess 1-1 but if Mendis mystery gets solved then 2-0 or 2-1

Mendis is the key in my opinion. India should be able to beat this side easily minus Mendis ...but since Mendis is the new big thing , im sure he will play and the pitch is going assist spinners which is good since most of the test matches in SL end in draws. I guess 1-1 but if Mendis mystery gets solved then 2-0 or 2-1
Mendis mystery may be there. But the biggest threat will still be Murlitharan - lets not forget him in face of 'mystery spinner' Mendis. Mulitharan will be the big factor, along with Sanga and Jayawoddinna both of whom can score 200s in SL pitches in 1st Inn. {Sehwag, Tendulkar, Dravid} and {Kumble+Ishant} - all need to fire big.