too much quota-system in indian team selection

So playing ODIs and T20s is the criterion for getting into the test team. How did Chopra' date=' Jaffer et al make it then?[/quote'] They're openers. Tell me one Middle order batsman who came into the test squad directly. Even laxman came through ODI's. Even Sehwag and Gambhir came through ODI's.
They're openers. Tell me one Middle order batsman who came into the test squad directly. Even laxman came through ODI's. Even Sehwag and Gambhir came through ODI's.
sehwag was a special case, he was proven match winner in test cricket before, hence the captain kumble opted for him in aussie tour. Gambhir scored tonz after tonz in last year's ranji trophy. won Delhi the Ranji. was one of the best players in last seasons ranji. OTH, Sharma flopped in ranjiz..
sehwag was a special case, he was proven match winner in test cricket before, hence the captain kumble opted for him in aussie tour. Gambhir scored tonz after tonz in last year's ranji trophy. won Delhi the Ranji. was one of the best players in last seasons ranji. OTH, Sharma flopped in ranjiz..
Yes, but how did sehwag become an opener? From ODI's right? Even Parthiv scored tons and tons in last seasons ranji. Would you have him as a batsman? See, its always a compromise. I think Rohit has the technique, ability, and temperament to handle whatever the Srilankans can throw at him. He's faced murali before as well, and knows how to handle him. Who do you want in place of Rohit? Badri? Dhawan? who?

nope, no dhawan. not in test as of now, may be badrinath badri is alredy 27, reaching that 30 age mark, deserved his chance now u know how it works in India, once u are about to get 30, u are ignored by selectors, agleast had he been given a chance this time, there would have been some hope i am not sure if he will be ever considered for selection in future.

Yes, but how did sehwag become an opener? From ODI's right? Even Parthiv scored tons and tons in last seasons ranji. Would you have him as a batsman? See, its always a compromise. I think Rohit has the technique, ability, and temperament to handle whatever the Srilankans can throw at him. He's faced murali before as well, and knows how to handle him. Who do you want in place of Rohit? Badri? Dhawan? who?
Holy, Badrinath is certainly someone who should have gotten a chance. The guy has been doing well, and slogging off for years and knocking the door hard now.
Holy, Badrinath is certainly someone who should have gotten a chance. The guy has been doing well, and slogging off for years and knocking the door hard now.
In place of whom? When was the last time you heard of some batsman getting into the test team directly, without getting a chance in the ODI team. Hashim Amla? In this day and age, test team spots are taken only through ODI's, because international ODI's are a better judge of a batsmans technique and temperament as compared to Ranji's. Badri is untried and untested in ODI's. Do you really think he is going to get a test spot based on his Ranji heroics?
has been better bat in F.C then Rohit Sharma. u are dragging this for no reason.. Rohit Sharma, basically hasn't done anyitng to be given chance. anywayz later.
I am dragging this? Dude we're having a proper debate here. I agree that Badri has been a better domestic bat than Sharma in the last season, but then again, Parthiv has been a better domestic bat than Badri too! Give me a proper reason mate, I dont understand why you guys dont want to give Sharma a chance. Its not as if he's been tried and failed. None of these players have been tried in tests. Sharma has been tried in ODI's and he's been fairly successful. Badri cannot boast of the same.
I am dragging this? Dude we're having a proper debate here. I agree that Badri has been a better domestic bat than Sharma in the last season, but then again, Parthiv has been a better domestic bat than Badri too! Give me a proper reason mate, I dont understand why you guys dont want to give Sharma a chance. Its not as if he's been tried and failed. None of these players have been tried in tests. Sharma has been tried in ODI's and he's been fairly successful. Badri cannot boast of the same.
listen bros, there are hardly any slots to be snatched by other players who are waiting to be given chance, and such slots should be given to the one who has been performing well, and Badri has been doing this and deserved it hence. if we go by the theory that he performed well in odi's, then this way none of the domestic players who play ranji trophy and don't play for India in odi's, would ever get a achance to play for India in test or atleast be in squad. what we all really mean is that Rohit Sharma, didn't deserve it ahead of players like Badrinath. Parthiv Patel, well you can debate that, but then he is alredy selected in squad mate, check the squad. and even if he hadn't been in the squad, then iw ould have picked Badri over Patel, because patel who scored runs in ranji last year were all against 2nd devision team, unlike Badri who scored against better oppositions.
listen bros, there are hardly any slots to be snatched by other players who are waiting to be given chance, and such slots should be given to the one who has been performing well, and Badri has been doing this and deserved it hence.
And sharma hasnt been performing well?
if we go by the theory that he performed well in odi's, then this way none of the domestic players who play ranji trophy and don't play for India in odi's, would ever get a achance to play for India in test or atleast be in squad. what we all really mean is that Rohit Sharma, didn't deserve it ahead of players like Badrinath.
Tell me, which domestic player (except badri), has hopes of a Test spot, while not representing India in ODI's.
Parthiv Patel, well you can debate that, but then he is alredy selected in squad mate, check the squad. and even if he hadn't been in the squad, then iw ould have picked Badri over Patel, because patel who scored runs in ranji last year were all against 2nd devision team, unlike Badri who scored against better oppositions.
Would he be in the squad if Dhoni wasnt there?

It is dumb to call this 'quota selection'. Why in the world would any selector apparently prefer Gujrartis over Delhi players or vice versa? After all, arent they all supposed to be from the 'North' as it were. This is just stupid selection, that is all.

amits' date= even though u post plenty of crap often, and you are an idiot, regardless of all that i still agree with you on this that shikhar dhawan deserved to get a place in thirty man probable list
the legend is ticz :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
1. rohit sharma, who was struggling in odis & had calls to be dropped from the odis even, was picked over suresh raina, who was in smashing form for tests. reason - rohit sharma is a mumbai-ite & suresh raina isnt 2. munaf patel selected ahead of pravin kumar despite the fact that pravin kumar has the best first-class record out of all fast bowlers in 76 years of indian cricket history. munaf patel had a poor domestic season. reason - munaf patel is from gujarat & pravin kumar isnt 3. parthiv patel - the 2-year old retard who cost india 2 test series wins over australia in 2003 & 2004 makes a comeback/ reason - parthiv patel is from gujarat 4. shikhar dhawan, who avges 46 in domestic odis, not included in probables for champions trophy. although i wont look too much into it as dhawan will be among the top run-getters in the emerging players tournament & players outside the probables can also be selected. but the reason of shikhar dhawans non-selection was shikhar dhawan is from delhi & indian selectors r very anti-delhi
crap, its an excellent team:finger:

except for Parthiv and Munafs place all the others are pretty ok..Rohit is been given a chance here and the selectors feel that they have a long term test prospect in Rohit so its ok..But Badri shd have been in the squad ahead of Parthiv and Munaf well the lesser said abt him the better..he is worse than "IKP in ODIs"