too much quota-system in indian team selection

1. rohit sharma, who was struggling in odis & had calls to be dropped from the odis even, was picked over suresh raina, who was in smashing form for tests. reason - rohit sharma is a mumbai-ite & suresh raina isnt 2. munaf patel selected ahead of pravin kumar despite the fact that pravin kumar has the best first-class record out of all fast bowlers in 76 years of indian cricket history. munaf patel had a poor domestic season. reason - munaf patel is from gujarat & pravin kumar isnt 3. parthiv patel - the 2-year old retard who cost india 2 test series wins over australia in 2003 & 2004 makes a comeback/ reason - parthiv patel is from gujarat 4. shikhar dhawan, who avges 46 in domestic odis, not included in probables for champions trophy. although i wont look too much into it as dhawan will be among the top run-getters in the emerging players tournament & players outside the probables can also be selected. but the reason of shikhar dhawans non-selection was shikhar dhawan is from delhi & indian selectors r very anti-delhi

1)forget about odis.Sharma has a chance to be a a good test player.he has to be given a chance.We need to find replacements for our aging stars.I am sure Raina will be in the mix soon. 2)praveen kumar should have been selected.Doesnt the ball swing in SL?.he would have been good. 3)I think karthik is going to our guy.parthiv is just a replacement. 4)I agree.too many youngsters who havent done squat to earn it are included.

rohit sharms avged 25 in the ranji trophy. players like raina, badrinath, dhawan were in smashing form in ranji trophy & can play spin better than rohit sharma. also, rohit sharma also has a weakness against spin. his selection in tests over raina, badrinath & dhawan looking at his recent form is baffling

Munaf's a shocker. He was even dropped from the one-dayers, how can he find a place in the test side all of a sudden? All the others almost pick themselves.
that decision was a absolute shocker. pravin kumar was expected to replace munaf

Munaf is a shocker, but I think Sharma deserves his chance. I think he's the best among all the emerging youngsters, just give him time to find his groove. We forget how good he was in the T20 WC and in the CB series in Aus. Parthiv has also improved by leaps and bounds, atleast in his batting. I think Parthiv deserved his selection as second choice keeper.

Munaf is a shocker' date=' but I think Sharma deserves his chance. I think he's the best among all the emerging youngsters, just give him time to find his groove. We forget how good he was in the T20 WC and in the CB series in Aus. Parthiv has also improved by leaps and bounds, atleast in his batting. I think Parthiv deserved his selection as second choice keeper.[/quote'] arey yara no one is denying Sharma, he is a class act, but he has shown his class only in odi's. and there are hardly any critics who would want him to be dropped from odi's after recent slump. just that he didn't deserve a test slot that early before other guys.
arey yara no one is denying Sharma' date=' he is a class act, but he has shown his class only in odi's. and there are hardly any critics who would want him to be dropped from odi's after recent slump. just that he didn't deserve a test slot that early before other guys.[/quote'] Before whom? Has badri shown his class in ODI's even? Has Dhawan even played an ODI?
okay how about i ask, on what basis did Rohit sharma deserve to be added to the squad? just because he has a 20 odd batting average??
Consistent performances throughtout the last year/couple of years.Was the star of the U19 WC. Adapted well to international cricket, did well in the T20WC which we won(undismissed), doing well against Aus in Aus. Its much better to throw in someone who is already accustomed to international cricket rather than throw in complete rookies like badri or dhawan.
amits' date= even though u post plenty of crap often, and you are an idiot, regardless of all that i still agree with you on this that shikhar dhawan deserved to get a place in thirty man probable list
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Consistent performances throughtout the last year/couple of years.Was the star of the U19 WC. Adapted well to international cricket, did well in the T20WC which we won(undismissed), doing well against Aus in Aus. Its much better to throw in someone who is already accustomed to international cricket rather than throw in complete rookies like badri or dhawan.
Eggjactly what I said before.