Who is our No 3 ??

jf1gp_1

The only unsolved question for me before we take on bdesh is who will we see at 3. If you look at our recent success, we have achieved it with dravid at 5 followed by yuvraj and dhoni. Assuming we stick with it then with sachin at 4 we have a settled mid order. Ganguly is one of the openers so we now need 2 and 3, uttapa will be one of them and the other will be one of pathan/sehwag/kartick. I cant see kartick picked over pathan or sehwag. So if pathan is selected should he be No 3 ? or if sehwag is selected then should uttapa still open and play without fear or should we continue our weird tradition of turning a middle order batsman into opener and push opener into middle order ? My biggest fear if pathan is selected, Dravid coming at 3.

Re: Who is our No 3 ?? Tendulkar or Yuvraj Singh will do for me. Dravid should bat at no.5 in all the games in the WC if India has to win. Occassional promotion of Dhoni against the likes of Bangladesh, Pakistan, WI will work pretty well IMO.

Re: Who is our No 3 ?? why not Dravid ? :huh: 1st down is the most important position in a ODI game and Rahul is the best player for that! Always go with the position-player combination which has the best chances of success ! Ganguly Sehwag Rahul Sachin Yuvraj (Occasionally Dhoni at 1st down) Thats my pick for the order