In the upcoming SL tour...which Indian batsman is going to tackle Medis successfully?

In the upcoming SL tour...which Indian batsman is going to tackle Medis successfully?  

1. 1.

• Sehwag
    • Gambhir
    • Dravid
    • Tendulkar
    • Ganguly
    • Laxman
    • Karthik

the best man to read a mystery like mendis can only be sachin i doubt any other batsmen will b able to get a good hold on mendis
When it comes to spin, sehwag is very good in tests, so i think he and sachin will master him, though im sure dravids defensive approach will resolve in him doing well, but will get out to mendis.

this is how i c indian batsmen against mendis - sehwag - will look to smash him for 6s. he wont care what type of ball mendis is bowling gambhir - semi-aggressive against mendis, will attack if india is comfortably placed, will play safely if india is struggling dravid - will look to play out mendis & not get out against him laxman - will play some elegant strokes for 4s off mendis tendulkar - will look to dominate mendis & give him nightmares like what he did to warne ganguly - will look to play out mendis, but will hit the occasional 6 against him

this is how i c indian batsmen against mendis - sehwag - will look to smash him for 6s. he wont care what type of ball mendis is bowling gambhir - semi-aggressive against mendis, will attack if india is comfortably placed, will play safely if india is struggling dravid - will look to play out mendis & not get out against him laxman - will play some elegant strokes for 4s off mendis tendulkar - will look to dominate mendis & give him nightmares like what he did to warne ganguly - will look to play out mendis, but will hit the occasional 6 against him
wah amits wat an analysis :hatsoff: u sure know wat u are talking abt :D
Amit, we all know what the Indian batsman WANT to do, but can they ACTUALLY do it? :-D

Too early to assess Mendis - Jenner Terry Jenner, the former Australian legspinner who mentored Shane Warne, has said while Sri Lankan spinner Ajantha Mendis is an exciting prospect, it is too early to assess him. More... Ajantha Mendis Too early to assess Mendis - Jenner Cricinfo staff July 16, 2008 360146.jpgAjantha Mendis picked up 17 wickets in the Asia Cup last month © AFP Terry Jenner, the former Australian legspinner who mentored Shane Warne, has said while Sri Lankan spinner Ajantha Mendis is an exciting prospect, it is too early to assess him. Mendis, who picked up 17 wickets in the Asia Cup last month, including two five-wicket hauls, has had batsmen confounded by his mixture of googlies, offbreaks, top-spinners, flippers and legbreaks. But Jenner said it still had to be seen whether Mendis had the variation of pace to bowl in Tests. "We don't know yet, but that's where [Anil] Kumble has been fantastic, particularly over the last five years," said Jenner, who was in Chennai for a coaching clinic for young spinners at the MAC Spin Foundation. Jenner, also said that though the Indian Premier League was fantastic for a lot of reasons, it did not help in the development of young players. "It's a mature-age spinner's game, not a developing spinner's. When I watch Harbhajan [singh] bowl yorkers at 100 kph, it's clever, but where's the development?" Switching between formats, Jenner said, was very difficult. "From my experience, when a spinner starts pushing it through, he starts to lose the ability to spin it. Twenty20 serves a purpose with the entertainment, but it mustn't encroach on Test cricket."

Kumble confident top order will tame Mendis India Test captain Anil Kumble is confident his experienced top order would cope with Sri Lanka's new spin sensation Ajantha Mendis. Mendis, 23, destroyed India's top order in the Asia Cup final earlier this month, claiming 6 for 13, but Kumble backed his strong Test line-up to cope better than the one-day team. More... Kumble confident top order will tame Mendis July 16, 2008 10:51 IST India Test captain Anil Kumble [images] is confident his experienced top order would cope with Sri Lanka's [images] new spin sensation Ajantha Mendis. Mendis, 23, destroyed India's top order in the Asia Cup final earlier this month, claiming 6 for 13, but Kumble backed his strong Test line-up to cope better than the one-day team. "He is something we need to watch out for, although we respect every bowler we face," Kumble said at a media briefing after the team's arrival in Colombo for a three-Test series. "Test cricket is different and we have the quality. "Our middle order has more than 30,000 Test runs and four of them have played more than 100 Tests. "In Tests you get more time to figure out the bowler. It will be challenging, but I am sure our batsmen will cope." A confident Kumble is also pleased to have a full-strength bowling line-up for what he expects to be a tough series. Playing Murali and Mendis won't be a problem: Rohit Sharma "We have Zaheer Khan [images] back in the team and his experience bowling in subcontinent conditions will be useful," said Kumble. "There is also Ishant Sharma who has really progressed well as a seamer and we have Harbhajan Singh [images] back as well. "We have had a good combination and in the last one year or so we have been really consistent with our performances, that's something which we will take forward." "Whenever we tour Sri Lanka it's always been tough. It will be a lot of hard work and we are ready for that." India begin their tour with a three-day practice match against a Sri Lanka Board XI starting on Friday, July 18. The first Test starts on July 23 at the Sinhalese Sports Club in Colombo.

Mendis working on 'sixth' delivery Having bamboozled batsmen in the recent Asia Cup, Sri Lanka's 'mystery' spinner Ajantha Mendis sought to put Indian batsmen on the backfoot ahead of the Test series by Thursday disclosing that he was working on a new delivery to add more variety to his armoury. More... Mendis working on 'sixth' delivery July 17, 2008 20:37 IST Having bamboozled batsmen in the recent Asia Cup, Sri Lanka's [images] 'mystery' spinner Ajantha Mendis sought to put Indian batsmen on the backfoot ahead of the Test series by Thursday disclosing that he was working on a new delivery to add more variety to his armoury. "I am new to this game (Tests). I have five different deliveries and am working on the sixth," Mendis told reporters. Mendis said all he planned to do was to aim and bowl at the right spots. Mendis said he was looking forward to bowling to the top Indian batting line-up alongside his idol Muthiah Muralitharan in the three Test series at home starting on July 23. "Murali is my idol and I want to bowl alongside him. It will be a great opportunity for me. I want to bowl at the right places (against the top Indian line-up)," said the 23-year-old bowler, with Sri Lanka Cricket Chairman Arjuna Ranatunga acting as his interpreter. Mendis, who had flattened the Indian team in the Asia Cup final with a staggering six-wicket haul for very few runs, said he had so far played 19 first class games and taken over one hundred wickets. "It's an honour to bowl alongside Murali and to the top Indian batsmen like Rahul (Dravid), Sachin (Tendulkar), (Sourav) Ganguly and (VVS) Laxman," he said. Speaking about the series, Ranatunga said he had always found a Test rubber against India to be fiercely fought. "It's a very important series for both teams. I have always felt that playing against India has been one of the toughest tasks whether it be in Lanka or in India. "We have a new bowling sensation (Mendis). I don't like to call him a freak but he's a freak. We are lucky to come across such bowlers once in ten years, the previous one being Murali", the 1996 World Cup winning skipper said. "Ajantha has done well in ODIs and I am sure he would do well in Tests too though I can't say he would play as I am not a selector and can't pick him. It would be a big challenge for him to bowl to top Indian batsmen like Rahul, Sachin, Ganguly and Laxman," he said. "The series may see Sachin go past (Brian) Lara's record (the master batsman needs 171 more to become the highest run-getter in Test cricket) or we may see him struggling against Mendis", Ranatunga said. "Sri Lanka have not played well in Tests over the last two years. After losing to Lanka in the Asia Cup, India will be eager to do well. It will be a good, competitive series," Ranatunga predicted. Ranatunga expressed himself totally in favour of the experimental umpires referral system to be used in the series. "As far as I am concerned if technology is available it should be used to the full. Or otherwise don't use it at all. I am happy with the ICC's [images] move to experiment with this system," he said. As per the system the decisions of the on-field umpires can be challenged by the two captains up to a limited number per innings and they would be referred to the third umpire for review.

You know in all the buildup to Mendis I wonder if people are just ignoring Muralitharan? I mean...sure he's a sensation and the Indians weren't able to pick him in one match, Muralitharan hasn't been picked by batsmen in several years. I don't think Mendis will be the main problem...