Cricket's HALL of SHAME

1. Mohammed Asif mohammad-asif.jpg Pakistan pacer Mohammed Asif is the first cricketer to have tested positive twice in dope tests even though cricket is replete with incidents where a number of players have been found guilty of the offence. 2. Shoaib Akhtar js03akhtar_narrowweb__300x503,0.jpg Asif and fellow-Pakistan pacer Shoaib Akhtar had tested positive for banned drug nandrolone in 2006 ahead of the Champions Trophy tournament in India. 3. Shane Warne 69955.jpg Cricket's image took a beating in 2003 when Australian spin wizard Shane Warne was found guilty of using banned diuretics and was subsequently excluded from the World Cup team. 4. David Murrey 15sld5.htm West Indies player David Murray had also conceded that he was taking drugs since 1978. He revealed that he took marijuana before and after the match and even had to go to the jail for the offence. 5. Ian Botham 050124.player.jpg England all-rounder Ian Botham was also suspended for two months by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) for consuming hemp. Botham initially denied taking any drug but according to reports he later accepted his guilt. 6. Wasim Akram 1931a.gifFormer Pakistani pacer Wasim Akram was accused of carrying marijuana during his team's West Indies tour in 1993 while his compatriots Aqib Javed, Waqar Younis and Mushtaq Ahmed were arrested for the same reason. 7. Stephen Fleming svFLEMING_wideweb__470x429,0.jpg Former New Zealand captain Stephen Fleming was caught red handed consuming hemp in 1993-94 during the South Africa tour. Fingers were also raised on Matthew Hart, Dion Nash, Adam Parore and Shane Thomson though New Zealand Cricket imposed fines only on Fleming and Hart. 8. Herschelle Gibbs Herschelle_Gibbs_589197.jpg Six players from the South African team were imposed heavy fines for using narcotics while celebrating their win over the Caribbean team in 2000-01. Herschelle Gibbs, Andre Nel, Justin Kemp, Roger Telemachus, Paul Adams and team physio Craige Smith were fined US $ 13,000 for the offence. As far as India is concerned no player while playing for country till date has been found guilty of using drugs.

half of those listed are about half as guilty of what some of us here are guilty of (including yours truely). recreational drugs are hardly the social evil that they have been construed to be. i dont think it is fair to bundle gibbs, akram, flemming, botham and murrey in the same group as warne, akhtar and asif. while warne's abuse of diuretics will forever remain a mystery... i personally do not buy the vanity defense he had put forth, but i do know that once asif's sample b tests return, and return positive, then asif is our first bonafide hall of famer of the hall of shame! akhtar is close at his heels.

warne and flemming (yea' date=' they screwed up) but they r[b'] still seen as good ppl...they repaired their image, unlike the dopie padosis and others..
only in your eyes......warnie is a shameless act and the fact that he was never considered for captaincy by CA explains it all...and save some laughs for your own breed of new charsis as well....they way money is being thrown at the new lads i bet you quite a few of them will be in news for wrong reasons very SOON....
only in your eyes......warnie is a shameless act and the fact that he was never considered for captaincy by CA explains it all...and save some laughs for your own breed of new charsis as well....they way money is being thrown at the new lads i bet you quite a few of them will be in news for wrong reasons very SOON....
You would like that, wouldn't you ? :giggle: But see BCCI has so much money and power now, no one will even know about it :-)
You would like that, wouldn't you ? :giggle: But see BCCI has so much money and power now, no one will even know about it :-)
its not the matter of if i would like that or not? point being is that most guys here act like that something like this cud have never happened in india or would never happen in future....asif is a charsi and no one is denying that...he couldn't handle the fame and money and has been a disgrace for his country....but i don't see much difference in the attitude of indian players.....the likes of paji and sresanth have already shown what they are capable of...you even have soon to be assassin in your team......now who can beat that?
That's the limit of desperation. Wishing ill to others will not make things easy for you. PCB and Pakistani cricket has been and will be laughed at by the rest of the world because they have been acting that way. Go to any forum you can find and see, they are all laughing at you. If it was an isolated incident, people would have been sympathetic. But PCB and Pakistani cricket is a self created mess for a long time. Jokers.
That's the limit of desperation. Wishing ill to others will not make things easy for you. PCB and Pakistani cricket has been and will be laughed at by the rest of the world because they have been acting that way. Go to any forum you can find and see, they are all laughing at you. If it was an isolated incident, people would have been sympathetic. But PCB and Pakistani cricket is a self created mess for a long time. Jokers.
and you think BCCI is the most admirable board in the world? the way they threatened to quit Aussie tour in the background of Paji's MAA ki gali wasn't a laughable matter? I know PCB is screwed up, but BCCI isn't far behind....
its not the matter of if i would like that or not? point being is that most guys here act like that something like this cud have never happened in india or would never happen in future....asif is a charsi and no one is denying that...he couldn't handle the fame and money and has been a disgrace for his country....but i don't see much difference in the attitude of indian players.....the likes of paji and sresanth have already shown what they are capable of...you even have soon to be assassin in your team......now who can beat that?
N Siddhu number 2?

Munda Pakistani.... Perhaps you do not know the family background of N Sidhu... the family he belongs to would have kicked him out of Punjab had he been guilty of that trajic death. N Sidhu never touched that old man.. he died of heart attack... it was one of the friends who pushed that old man .. N Sidhu is still not convicted of any crime... he has not taken shelter of any "technicalities" of laws to save himself... so you are clutching the straw here ..really..