Spinning Facts

^spoken too soon' date=' sir. :-)[/quote'] WTF? Spoken too soon? Hardly, he sucked in the first test, and he sucked in his first 8 overs when the Sri Lankans were carting him around for 6 an over. But having said that I'm delighted to see that he turned it around, extracted genuine turn and bounce from the wicket and got vital breakthroughs. Let's hope he can continue to bowl well in these conditions, because make no mistake, spin bowlers should take full advantage of these conditions. He has no excuses now and needs to step up and play up to all the stupid hype around him.
Biggest question for me is even IF Harbhajan continues bowling well and IF Kumble can get some form' date=' who is going to make the runs in India's second innings to set a decent total for SL. I really can't see our batsmen mustering more than 100 runs with the form they are in.[/quote'] Exactly. Just dont see Sehwag contibuting with the bat again. Methinks Ghambhir will need to step up and deliver. I mean M&M wont open the bowling,so Ghambhir will have to get the max out of kulasekara and vaas's bowling.
Take it easy. I think Bhajji was really looking bad till a point. He hasnt done very well recently. So its natural for some people to criticize him. Thats okay.
I never said it is not okay to criticize. I don't mind it. I thought he was going to come good and he did. If we can win from here, it will be great. :two_thumbs_up:
Your agenda is clear - the only vociferous support you have shown is for Yuvraj and Harbhajan - couple that with your monicker it's a no brainer that you are a Punjabi biased guy.
We all are Indian biased...but when ppl like you mock Punjabi players all the time...and we try to reason with your type....we are called Punjabi biased...:-D

The point is if the test was taking place in Perth, or Headingly then I would never expect our Spinners to do well. However, just like when you expect our batsmen to score runs on flat wicket in India, you expect our spinners to perform in Sri Lanka when there were cracks right from the first day. Thankfully for them they've improved their game, otherwise it would have been embaressing. I don't think for one minute that Harbhajan is like Warne, Murali or others that are genuine wicket takes on any surface. But for sure, in this tour he has to be the main strike bowler so he better perform or make way for someone else.

We all are Indian biased...but when ppl like you mock Punjabi players all the time...and we try to reason with your type....we are called Punjabi biased...:-D
Willow you need to understand the REASON we are mocking the players. Why would anyone have any bias against Punjabi guys? Ganguly has been averaging 47 in last 10 tests yet their are calls to drop him and no Bengali makes it an anti-Bengali thing. Be reasonable.
Willow you need to understand the REASON we are mocking the players. Why would anyone have any bias against Punjabi guys? Ganguly has been averaging 47 in last 10 tests yet their are calls to drop him and no Bengali makes it an anti-Bengali thing. Be reasonable.
Well...Gangs is a good player...respect to him....:two_thumbs_up:....he has always been a attacking player in ODI's...wonder why they dropped him in the ODI's