I dont want to see ANY thread/post praising indian cricketers till they win 2nd Test

Arjuna Ranatunga slams India's T20 approach to Test cricket

After India's massive innnings and 239-run defeat in the first Test in Colombo, Arjuna Ranatunga, the former Sri Lankan captain, has criticised India's batsmen for playing in the Twenty20 mode and said they lacked focus. "The way the Indians have played this Test is an eye-opener not just for us but for all cricket-playing countries," he told the Indian Express. "They dealt with this like a Twenty20 game. I think they were not prepared for Test cricket." He was speaking after India were bowled out twice in about four sessions of play, with the Sri Lankan spinners Muttiah Muralitharan and Ajantha Mendis sharing 19 wickets. Ranatunga wanted India to focus more on Tests than on Twenty20s. "If the Indians keep getting their priorities wrong, they will go down ranking-wise. Ultimately, it is the rank that is very important," he said. "And it is this performance that will determine the future of the game in your country. Focusing on the Twenty20 game is a short-term thing. If the game is not protected, we are in for a major disaster. "The Indian batsmen aren't too focussed. That is something that can creep into our cricket. That is something I don't want to happen," he said. Ranatunga has repeatedly stressed that while Twenty20 generates much-needed money, playing Test cricket and representing your country should remain the priority . <> India have four days to recover from the loss - their third heaviest - before the second Test starts in Galle.

I thought it was Sri Lanka board that postponed SL tour of Pakistan next year to accommodate IPL? Isn’t Ranatunga the chairman of the SL board? That’s a bit double standard and a big comment to make just after winning one test at home. SL was routed in Australia and did nothing great against WI either. Shouldn’t Ranatunga be looking at producing wickets that’ll help them prepare to play good cricket not just in Sri Lanka? I’d really like to see the number of test matches SL has played this year compared to ODIs and Twenty20s. Sri Lanka this year has played 3 test matches, 17 ODIs, not to mention most of their players played IPL including the likes of Mendis and Kappugadera.

lol ranatunga is a bloody hypocrite..WTF is he harping abt T20 style..Viru always plays that way and u cant fault him for his dismissal because thats his natural game..the only dumb ass in our team was KKD and that retard is gonna be dropped for sure..he had no clue wat he was doing at the crease..the fab 4 played properly but they were undercooked and that clearly showed in their performance except for Sachin who was unlucky both the times and VVS who was gud, Sourav and RD needed match practice..man these Srilankans are counting their chickens too early..our team will come back strongly and im pretty confident abt it.. Finey just get over this IPL thing..watever u say or feel is not gonna make MSD change his mind for that matter any cricketers mind..they wud play IPL no matter wat..money is important for a cricketer..so stop this IPL-Dhoni nonsense..but then ur threads have always been like that so im sure even this wud fall to ur deaf ears..

Finey I am with you! Anyone that praises any of these incompetent retards will be lynched! In fact I will personally and lynch them. :-D
:two_thumbs_up: On a serious note, this is one of the crappiest performances against spin that we've exhibited. On a pitch where they score 600-6 with 4 centuries, we get thrashed and pulverized. Even India-A team will get an innings defeat, what then is the big difference between Ind-A team and this fabulous and premier team then, the margin of innings defeat??? Well isn't the Test-1 margin a record anyway!?
:two_thumbs_up: On a serious note, this is one of the crappiest performances against spin that we've exhibited. On a pitch where they score 600-6 with 4 centuries, we get thrashed and pulverized. Even India-A team will get an innings defeat, what then is the big difference between Ind-A team and this fabulous and premier team then, the margin of innings defeat??? Well isn't the Test-1 margin a record anyway!?
i wanted to post this on the other thread but it was closed..so here goes we are not overprotective finey we are just supporting our team..everyone here is disappointed with the loss do u think u are the only soul who is unhappy..but then starting a thread like ok they dont deserve this they dont deserve that is clearly just lame..after all arent these players the same players who has given u countless joy wen they won in australia england and south africa..yes they din play well so wat do u want them to do..stop playing cricket..and just because of this one loss u start doubting their commitment, listen Lankans were better than us in all the departments in the first test and its as simple as that..if there is anyone who needs to do some soul searching about how they follow the game its u finey..

satish, I know that ur disappointed, its some other folks who abuse other forum members I was talking about. Anyway, that thread is locked, and probably for good reason since tempers were flaring all over in that thread, so we'll let go of that topic. No, I dont want them to stop playing. I want them to fight and win the next Test, they MUST do it. There should be no ifs-or-buts from the Indian team for Test-2. Just win the darn thing, Enough of getting mauled and plundered by the Pappuweeras and Pappupuras.

I do not mind if India loses, but the way they lose, against AUS, SA and now SL. Huge margins.....total surrender............with 4 top class batsman.....how can we be a serious team if we perform like this? I am big fan of SRT, but knowing India's position, how could he play a risky shot like that in the 2nd innings? That is not a high percentage shot with the bowler coming around the wicket especially with India in total duress. I believe this is the effect of the shorter version of the game. Twenty years back, Gavaskar (the pillar of Indian batting then) would not have played such a shot. In fact, if you ever want to see how to play spin bowling on a minefield (this was far from that) see Gavaskar in action in his last test innings against Pak in B'lore in 1987. He utlimately missed the ton by 10 odd runs due to a unplayable delivery (due to the pitch) and India lost only by 16 runs. It is a shame today's batsmen including SRT lack that kind of grit and concentration when their backs are against the wall.
In fact, if you ever want to see how to play spin bowling on a minefield (this was far from that) see Gavaskar in action in his last test innings against Pak in B'lore in 1987. He utlimately missed the ton by 10 odd runs due to a unplayable delivery (due to the pitch) and India lost only by 16 runs.
:hail:
It is a shame today's batsmen including SRT lack that kind of grit and concentration when their backs are against the wall.
Absolutely!