Watch out for a new Indian Tennis Star!

flamy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWGrkb_t0BI]YouTube - A Champion's Story: Somdev Devvarman[/ame] http://us.rediff.com/sports/2008/jul/28som.htm India's Somdev Devvarman matched the expectations surrounding his entry into the professional circuit as he conquered third seed Robert Kendrick of the US to win the US $ 50,000 ATP Lexington Challenger on Sunday. Somdev, who had beaten second seed and world no.90 Bobby Reynolds in the second round, defeated Kendrick 6-3, 6-3 in the final to extend his winning streak to 15 since stepping on the tour. The Indian Davis Cupper has been unbeaten on tour this season, notching up three Futures titles in the US before adding the Challenger to his name. "I made him work really hard," Somdev was quoted as saying on the official website. "Also, I served really well.holding serve every time certainly made it easier." "I know I need to get better in every facet of my game," he added, admitting that he needed to be more aggressive and a better net game to crash into the top-100. The Lexington victory has propelled the double NCAA champion from 566 to 345 in the world rankings. He is only the third Indian since Harsh Mankad (Manchester, 2006) and Rohan Bopanna (Dublin, 2007) to win a Challenger event in the last 10 years. That he has done it in his first year on tour is a sign of hope for the country lacking champions in bigger events. :hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff::yay::yay::yay:

http://us.rediff.com/sports/2008/jul/28som.htm India's Somdev Devvarman matched the expectations surrounding his entry into the professional circuit as he conquered third seed Robert Kendrick of the US to win the US $ 50,000 ATP Lexington Challenger on Sunday. Somdev, who had beaten second seed and world no.90 Bobby Reynolds in the second round, defeated Kendrick 6-3, 6-3 in the final to extend his winning streak to 15 since stepping on the tour. The Indian Davis Cupper has been unbeaten on tour this season, notching up three Futures titles in the US before adding the Challenger to his name. "I made him work really hard," Somdev was quoted as saying on the official website. "Also, I served really well.holding serve every time certainly made it easier." "I know I need to get better in every facet of my game," he added, admitting that he needed to be more aggressive and a better net game to crash into the top-100. The Lexington victory has propelled the double NCAA champion from 566 to 345 in the world rankings. He is only the third Indian since Harsh Mankad (Manchester, 2006) and Rohan Bopanna (Dublin, 2007) to win a Challenger event in the last 10 years. That he has done it in his first year on tour is a sign of hope for the country lacking champions in bigger events. :hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff::yay::yay::yay:
something to look forward too.thanks flamy.

http://ia.rediff.com/sports/2008/aug/15somdev.htm Somdev Devvarman continued his fine run to beat Robert Kendrick of the United States 6-2, 6-7(5), 7-5 and enter the quarter-finals of the Legg Mason tennis classic in Wasington on Friday. The Indian qualifier had knocked out former world No 21 Taylor Dent in the first round earlier to record his first ATP main round victory. Devvarman will now play Russian Igor Kunitsyn, who saved a match-point in the final-set tiebreak to beat Fabio Fognini of Italy [images] 2-6, 6-2, 7-6. Joining him in the last eight were Andy Roddick [images], who saved two match-points before edging out Argentine Eduardo Schwank 4-6, 6-4, 7-6, and Serbian Viktor Troicki, who reached his second quarter-final of the year with a 6-4, 1-6, 6-4 win over American Bobby Reynolds.