And we win! Best Home Track Bullies made to eat some pie...

DomainK

It's curious that putrevus is permanently shrouded in negativity, and yet feels affronted enough with what Sri Lakans have said about the very players he has been dishing to start this thread. In fact, when I see his posts on the match thread, I know that either that an Indian wicket has fallen or the opposition has hit a boundary.
negativity doesnt mean you dont want your team to win .
yes u shd share ur optimism more often and India wud win more often too :D anyway i did tell u that India wont lose this one and infact i did tell u that Viru's blitzkrieg would set up this game for us..and thats how it panned out..so "i told u so" :winky: btw Sachin is set to score a century in the next match so y dont u share ur optimism on that regard as well..as in saying "yes sachin will score a century" and yes now we have a very gud chance of taking this series..the fab 4 will deliver the next time and i boldly say that v are the favorites heading into the last game
Let me say, I want SRT to score a century. Clinch the decider with a biggie! :) I want a RD century as well - how about a big partnership between these two. We havent seen that in a while. Lets have that.

Fineleg, do you think we should stand up and applaud you for being positive and heroically starting this thread?:--D You may have noticed, there are plenty of other threads congratulating the team. Your personal felicitations were desperately needed, weren't they?:-D

No reason why India can't win the series. They are just as good as Sri Lanka in these conditions, if not slightly better. The way Dravid and Tendulkar batted on day 3 gives me plenty of hope - we'll definitely see some substantial contributions from them in the decider. Mendis has been given too much respect and now that they know what all the fuss is about, they will be on much stronger footing against him. If they want inspiration, they should look at what England did on their tour of SL back in '01. Lost the first test by an innings in embarrassing fashion, much like India did, but Giles and Thorpe won them the next two tests to seal a historic series win against all the odds. Thorpe's century in the 3rd test was a Sehwag-esque effort, as he singlehandedly kept his team afloat while the rest of the batting lineup couldn't score any runs.

Fineleg, do you think we should stand up and applaud you for being positive and heroically starting this thread?:--D You may have noticed, there are plenty of other threads congratulating the team. Your personal felicitations were desperately needed, weren't they?:-D
Doc,thought you'llbe the first to appreciate in someone getting back to normalcy :haha: Finey??
Excellent win on two accounts. One, it proves it doesn't matter what type of tracks one prepares this Indian team can make you pay. You will only need to think about Perth victory. Aussies spoke all summer about incapability of Indians to win on bouncy track and were thrashed in their own bouncy track. Now Sri Lankans are beaten in their own home grown spinners track. Ask South Africa or England and they will mention how their batsmen struggled against Indian pacemen when they prepared green tops. Now this Indian team will gain a lot from this knowing they are ready to face anyone on any type of track. All they need to do in the rest of the series is to keep Mendis and Murali at bay. That truly is a tough ask.
I agree Ravi, that India are showing signs of becoming an all track team. It's particularly baffing therefore that show them a tinge of green in their own backyard, as at Ahmedabad, and they collapse like dominos. A particularly unedifying memory, that, and the Nagpur debacle on the last Aussie trip.
Virender Sehwag is the hero of the match. He and GG played the fast bowlers and the spinners with equal ease. Carrrom or doosra, everything was dispatched for fours and sixes. Sehwag was absolutely merciless on a pitch where most other batsmen struggled in varying degrees.:adore: Ishant was exceptional in the final innings. What a spell.:adore: Zaheer was very effective as well. The pair produced what was almost impossible on that track. Bhajji was our answer to Mendis. Tit for tat and 10 for 10. We had bowlers who could take 10 for Mendis's 10. They didnt have the batsmen who could produce runs in spite of that. Great match. Great weekend. Great victory.
you summed it up very nice...may the good performance continue....:two_thumbs_up: