Why does Bhaji get so much stick?

This fella is real patriot and 100% committed to team India. Every time he plays he gives it 110% for his country. At times is OTT and gives 200% in his desperation for India!Always rocks up when called to give his best! He as a decent test record. Yes to be fair he does need some assistance in the track to be really effective but most spinners do apart from the greats like murali and warne! He always keeps trying though and at times when thing go well has won tests matches for India. He also gives 100% in the field. He is a decent test bowler not brilliant but decent and is a worthy second spinner in right conditions. As a limited overs bowler he actually is very good. Always has very tidy spells with decent economy rates. Could take more wickets but his economy is superb and for example was badly missed in asia cup with the control he gets in middle overs. Played a key and underatewd role in T20 wc success! Despite all this he gets so much grief from fans. Gets targeted and criticised. Keep going Bhaji trying to fight fire with fire for IndiA:two_thumbs_up:
The problem here is that some fellow Indians are IDIOTS. When we get players like Sreesanth & Harbhajan, who play with 200% passion and dedication, we make them control themselves, blacklist them, write them off, drop him and character assassination. Why? Because they have bloody self-respect. But we believe this gives India a "bad name" :haha:. However, when a Mitchell Johnson taunts Sehwag and a Brett Lee taunts Gautam Gambhir, we get all angry and expect our boys to react. When they react, we don't want them to react because it is "against the spirit of the game". Hypocrisy much? :finger: Yes, we can be just as stupid as I said we are. Had Bhajji & Sree been Australian, their board and fans would have supported them to the hilt. People here are too 1960s and believe when someone asks you to "GO FECK YOURSELF", you should smile at him and say "Thank You". :finger: Alas, no one really has the guts to say this in public. :omg:
The problem here is that some fellow Indians are IDIOTS. When we get players like Sreesanth & Harbhajan, who play with 200% passion and dedication, we make them control themselves, blacklist them, write them off, drop him and character assassination. Why? Because they have bloody self-respect. But we believe this gives India a "bad name" :haha:. However, when a Mitchell Johnson taunts Sehwag and a Brett Lee taunts Gautam Gambhir, we get all angry and expect our boys to react. When they react, we don't want them to react because it is "against the spirit of the game". Hypocrisy much? :finger: Yes, we can be just as stupid as I said we are. Had Bhajji & Sree been Australian, their board and fans would have supported them to the hilt. People here are too 1960s and believe when someone asks you to "GO FECK YOURSELF", you should smile at him and say "Thank You". :finger: Alas, no one really has the guts to say this in public. :omg:
Spot on. Also when foreign players mouth abuse at us ala Mcgrath, Warne and co. They are seen as tough , playing the game hard and full of aggression. When our bowlers do it they are seen as acting, with fake aggression and a bad apple. Its pathetic mentality of the indian fan. They want our boys to say nothing and STFU. Although if our batters give the oppo grief ala Gambhir everyone loves it. When sree or bhaji give abuse they are fake and bad characters! I mean Bhaji has been in the top 10 in odi and test rankings for quite a while. This is not some statistical abberation but shows he continually bowls well. So the criticism he gets is ridiculous and based purely on hatred to his fiery style. Although when he pawned Ponting, Hayden and Symonds ironically everyone loved it. Also Sachin and Bhaji are great buddies. So he can't be that bad a bloke, unless fans are questioning the judgement of god! Be careful to judge a human being based on their on field persona! Many are nice blokes off the field but nasty SOBs on it, people need to learn the distinction.

LOL, glad to see even on this forum Bhajji gets the rap on his wrists. I feel the biggest reason for this Bhajji-Bashing is because he doesn't take wickets regularly. We need wickettaking bowlers in ODI and T20, not someone who can only be economical. Funniest moment was when Mumbai Indians named him the captain during Sachin's absence. :haha: Hopefully they won't make that mistake again.

LOL, glad to see even on this forum Bhajji gets the rap on his wrists. I feel the biggest reason for this Bhajji-Bashing is because he doesn't take wickets regularly. We need wickettaking bowlers in ODI and T20, not someone who can only be economical. Funniest moment was when Mumbai Indians named him the captain during Sachin's absence. :haha: Hopefully they won't make that mistake again.
YYT, Werent you a big time Bhajji supporter or was it just to please KOP?:omg:

For spinner to be effective pacers have to give some sort of breakthrough .. I do agree tht he is not giving 100% .. his fielding level has dropped .. dropping catches etc .. Bhajji should be given a break for 1-2 months and Ojha should be in his place .. Why the hell selectors dropped ojha in first place .. Last time he played he was bowling with great rhythm ..

For spinner to be effective pacers have to give some sort of breakthrough .. I do agree tht he is not giving 100% .. his fielding level has dropped .. dropping catches etc .. Bhajji should be given a break for 1-2 months and Ojha should be in his place .. Why the hell selectors dropped ojha in first place .. Last time he played he was bowling with great rhythm ..
Yeah, well the pacers had done a great job for a change in the CT match against Pakistan, which was always going to be extremely crucial to qualify. Why did he bottle it up? He also bottled it up in the T20 WC final. It's on occasions like these that you need your best players to bring their best game to the table, not play dead in the bushes.
Spot on. Also when foreign players mouth abuse at us ala Mcgrath, Warne and co. They are seen as tough , playing the game hard and full of aggression. When our bowlers do it they are seen as acting, with fake aggression and a bad apple. Its pathetic mentality of the indian fan. They want our boys to say nothing and STFU. Although if our batters give the oppo grief ala Gambhir everyone loves it. When sree or bhaji give abuse they are fake and bad characters! I mean Bhaji has been in the top 10 in odi and test rankings for quite a while. This is not some statistical abberation but shows he continually bowls well. So the criticism he gets is ridiculous and based purely on hatred to his fiery style. Although when he pawned Ponting, Hayden and Symonds ironically everyone loved it. Also Sachin and Bhaji are great buddies. So he can't be that bad a bloke, unless fans are questioning the judgement of god! Be careful to judge a human being based on their on field persona! Many are nice blokes off the field but nasty SOBs on it, people need to learn the distinction.
Exactly buddy. The bold part includes thoughts I absolutely endorse :two_thumbs_up:
LOL' date=' glad to see even on this forum Bhajji gets the rap on his wrists. I feel the biggest reason for this [b']Bhajji-Bashing is because he doesn't take wickets regularly. We need wickettaking bowlers in ODI and T20, not someone who can only be economical. Funniest moment was when Mumbai Indians named him the captain during Sachin's absence. :haha: Hopefully they won't make that mistake again.
The fact that he is top wicket taker for India in odis and tests for 2009 should not let you stop spouting nonsense. Don't let the facts get in the way of blind hatred and myths and legends. Next myth indians cant play the short ball! Its seems if Bhaji does not get 5 wickets per game he is labelled as a failure. Also would like someone to please clarify which bowlers in world cricket are picking up loads of wickets at economical rate in odis?
cause he can't spin the ball to save his life
Kumble was not a great spinner either. I suppose everyone thinks he is garbage as well? But everyone rightly will praise Kumble despite him not having the eye catching brillinace of murali and warne, as he produced results in his way. The same should apply to Bhaji who wether people like it or not produces results in his way!
LOL' date=' glad to see even on this forum Bhajji gets the rap on his wrists. I feel the biggest reason for this Bhajji-Bashing is because he doesn't take wickets regularly. We need wickettaking bowlers in ODI and T20, not someone who can only be [b']economical. Funniest moment was when Mumbai Indians named him the captain during Sachin's absence. :haha: Hopefully they won't make that mistake again.
Ying Yang..Bhajji is not even Economical..Although he is COMICAL most of the time..:winky:
Kumble was not a great spinner either. I suppose everyone thinks he is garbage as well? But everyone rightly will praise Kumble despite him not having the eye catching brillinace of murali and warne' date=' as he produced results in his way. The same should apply to Bhaji who wether people like it or not produces results in his way![/quote'] Kumble's not expected to spin the ball as he's not the conventional leg spinner...Harbhajan's deliveries are either on the pads,slide down the leg side for wides or are way outside the offstump...no sense of direction...and we'd better forget about him spinning the ball... the only way Harbhajan gets wickets is if the batsmen mis-times a shot
What an idiotic post. Can you tell me one player whom Sree has been able to get to get on the nerves and therefore get him out? Or even Bhajji? There is a difference between practising sledging and getting on the opposition's nerves and clown like antics which seem to be admired by a bunch of teenagers on this forum Crass actions, abuses, booty shaking may be liked by a bunch of kids but have no place in cricket. what 200% dedication does Bhajji play with? He wont even try to stop a bowl in order to avoid injury. The F word might seem like passion and agressiveness to a bunch of kids but most can look beyond it. Symonds was thrown out of his team for unruly behaviour but we tolerate these clowns. I see no difference between some kids worshipping Sree and Bhajji's anitcs and the Afridi fans from over the border. Both value posturing over substance, obscenity over dignity and glitter over solid peformance
What an idiotic post. Can you tell me one player whom Sree has been able to get to get on the nerves and therefore get him out? Or even Bhajji? There is a difference between practising sledging and getting on the opposition's nerves and clown like antics which seem to be admired by a bunch of teenagers on this forum Crass actions, abuses, booty shaking may be liked by a bunch of kids but have no place in cricket. what 200% dedication does Bhajji play with? He wont even try to stop a bowl in order to avoid injury. The F word might seem like passion and agressiveness to a bunch of kids but most can look beyond it. Symonds was thrown out of his team for unruly behaviour but we tolerate these clowns. I see no difference between some kids worshipping Sree and Bhajji's anitcs and the Afridi fans from over the border. Both value posturing over substance, obscenity over dignity and glitter over solid peformance
:hysterical: Bhajji is ranked in ICC top 10 ODI and test bowlers, and so has his fans. He was one of the highest wicket takers last year. Moreover, He scored 2 fifities in OZ, 2 more on their tour to India. He is never revered as the greatest man on earth, unlike Afridi by his fans. His overall test stats are not much different than Kumble's at similar point in their careers. You are looking at it in a black and white manner. As in, either you do solid performance or display over the top antics. But it is not so. Symonds was banned for multiple instances of 1). being drunk and missing practise 2). Getting into brawls in bars multiple times. Bhajji has done no such thing and it is a shame you are comparing his behaviour to Symonds. What a ****ing bizzare comparison.
:hysterical: Bhajji is ranked in ICC top 10 ODI and test bowlers, and so has his fans. He was one of the highest wicket takers last year. Moreover, He scored 2 fifities in OZ, 2 more on their tour to India. He is never revered as the greatest man on earth, unlike Afridi by his fans. His overall test stats are not much different than Kumble's at similar point in their careers. You are looking at it in a black and white manner. As in, either you do solid performance or display over the top antics. But it is not so. Symonds was banned for multiple instances of 1). being drunk and missing practise 2). Getting into brawls in bars multiple times. Bhajji has done no such thing and it is a shame you are comparing his behaviour to Symonds. What a ****ing bizzare comparison.
I brought Symonds name up becuase the previous postyer claimed Aussies support unruly behaviour Bhajji si the ONLY bolwer in the team who has consisntantly played all matches and so its obvious why he has the highest number of wickets. How many matches did Zaheer, Nehra, Sreesanth and the other spinners play? The support of Bhajji's on field antics(not his bolwing) is the same as the blind support of everything Afridi does
I brought Symonds name up becuase the previous postyer claimed Aussies support unruly behaviour
Yeah but Symonds was not banned for being abusive to players on field (which is the only unruly-behavior Bhajji demonstrates) but rather his missing practice and punching people while drunk in bars. So the comparison is still pretty poor.
Bhajji is the ONLY bolwer in the team who has consisntantly played all matches and so its obvious why he has the highest number of wickets. How many matches did Zaheer, Nehra, Sreesanth and the other spinners play?
Lol, that holds for Kumble too. As I said , Bhajji's stats are pretty comparable to Kumble's at similar points of their careers. So you think Kumble did not turn in solid performances. :dontknow: Kumble definitely has put in more match winning performances, and improved over-seas in later part of his career, but Bhajji should get there too. People who claim Bhajji performs only in helpful tracks should remember that Kumble mainly took wickets in Indian dustbowls in 90s too.