Did Tendulkar excel under Pressure As always again??

Show me one innings in which Sachin played like what Smith did against england all thru his career' date='150 of them where he made 100 to lead his team to win in fourth innings against any team, he may be the best we got but in terms of match winning ability Sachin is not even close Ponting.[/quote'] Now smith:wall: Listen, be sure what you want to debate. First you said Sachin never "ever" scored under pressure. Then you changed it to sachin did not score under pressure in the last seven years. Then you changed it to "Sachin vs Ponting" Now you are comparing Sachin and Smith. Decide one and stick to it. Note: Dont tell Smith that he is better than Sachin....he will have a heart failure.
Now smith:wall: Listen, be sure what you want to debate. First you said Sachin never "ever" scored under pressure. Then you changed it to sachin did not score under pressure in the last seven years. Then you changed it to "Sachin vs Ponting" Now you are comparing Sachin and Smith. Decide one and stick to it. Note: Dont tell Smith that he is better than Sachin....he will have a heart failure.
i am not comparing smith to sachin , i am just citing that type of innings, Ponting has such innings in fourth scoring 100 to lead his team to win I just gave that example because it was recent .
Show me one innings in which Sachin played like what Smith did against england all thru his career' date='150 of them where he made 100 to lead his team to win in fourth innings against any team, he may be the best we got but in terms of match winning ability Sachin is not even close Ponting.[/quote'] Duuude, you cant compare individuals on the basis of one cracking innings, all i can say that Sachin sets us up for wins and i think even u cant deny that, he has played innumerable knocks where he has set us up for victories, it might not be a 150 or a 100, it may be an important 75, but it goes unnoticed because thy name is SACHIN TENDULKAR and all only expect big tons from him, Ok he might have had a bad series over here, but i dont think at any time in the series his technique was questioned or there wasnt a single case where he was uncertain about the bowling Actually we shouldnt even be having this debate, instead we should discuss when will be KNIGHTED :cantstop:
i am not comparing smith to sachin ' date=' i am just citing that type of innings, Ponting has such innings in fourth scoring 100 to lead his team to win I just gave that example because it was recent .[/quote'] So now it became 4th innings 100. For you information, this thread was NOT about the 4th innings. Also, was Ponting not out at the end of that 100?
i am not comparing smith to sachin ' date=' i am just citing that type of innings, Ponting has such innings in fourth scoring 100 to lead his team to win I just gave that example because it was recent .[/quote'] Ponting has 2 winning 100s on absolute roads, where 3 and 4th innins, hardly wicket fell
i am just posting very recent unlike your so called god's ancient history 156 - - - - - v England Manchester 11 Aug 2005 saved the match 142 - - - - - v England Adelaide 1 Dec 2006 coming at 1/8 and they 3/65 chasing 554 Australia won the match 117 - - - - - v South Africa Melbourne 26 Dec 2005 coming at 1/8 australia won the match 103 and 116- - - - - v South Africa Durban 24 Mar 2006 Test # 1792 made two hundreds in the match setting up the win for his team I can give you more if you need how his hundreds contributed in his team winning and I can give occasions when Sachin failed to deliver when his team needed him to deliver.
you intentionaly mis-intepreted my question.. I dont consider 1/8 as much pressure as 100/5. I can bring you 20 such innings for Sahcin. I can also point to numerous ponting's innins when he failed when the team needed him. A batsman can succeed only so many time Yet again, you change the goal posts, linking team victory to individual performances discounting the diff in quality of both team! Are you even sure what you want to prove?
anyone who supports ponting over sachin is a disgrace
Overall their careers, Ponting is not in the same bracket as Tendulkar. But at the same time, its biassed/foolish to deny that Ponting has been a far superior batsman than Tendulkar over the last 6 years and Tendulkar in the last six year has definitely been less than great- a great petering out/on a decline and playing like an above average player.
Overall their careers' date=' Ponting is not in the same bracket as Tendulkar. But at the same time, its biassed/foolish to deny that Ponting has been a [b'] far superior batsman than Tendulkar over the last 6 years and Tendulkar in the last six year has definitely been less than great- a great petering out/on a decline and playing like an above average player.
I dont think anyone will disgree to that
Overall their careers' date=' Ponting is not in the same bracket as Tendulkar. But at the same time, its biassed/foolish to deny that Ponting has been a [b'] far superior batsman than Tendulkar over the last 6 years and Tendulkar in the last six year has definitely been less than great- a great petering out/on a decline and playing like an above average player.
Spot on :hatsoff:
Sachin shud learn from Pieterson how to bat under pressure.
So any batsman who doesnt score in a match should learn from another who does the same in another match then You do understand that this is Pietersen's prime and Sahcin in his did finer deeds? If your trying to WUM, at least raise ur standards
I dont think so when all said and done ponting will hold all records of Sachin in test matches, the difference is ponting raising his level in last six years has overshadowed what Sachin had acheived, If I am starting a team and I have both sachin and ponting I will take ponting first. That is my opinion .

didnt tendulkar score not one but two 150+ score just a couple of test ago against Aus in Aus when our backs were against the wall ? How come i never saw at thread then about how good sachin is during pressure situation. Our middle order failed so if you want to point fingers point at all 4 cant single out one player.

didnt tendulkar score not one but two 150+ score just a couple of test ago against Aus in Aus when our backs were against the wall ? How come i never saw at thread then about how good sachin is during pressure situation. Our middle order failed so if you want to point fingers point at all 4 cant single out one player.
Sachin is so called immortal in the game who is the second coming of Bradman thats why this discussion,the other three are good batsmen but not immortal like Sachin.some people call him god .
Sachin is so called immortal in the game who is the second coming of Bradman thats why this discussion' date='the other three are good batsmen but not immortal like Sachin.some people call him god .[/quote'] so you're just putting him down because he's not scoring a 100 every game?
so you're just putting him down because he's not scoring a 100 every game?
I am just relieving him from godly status to mere mortal status, once that is done people can analyze him in proper perspective in regards to his contribution to indian cricket, if Indian cricket is better served without him going forward.
so you're just putting him down because he's not scoring a 100 every game?
Please man! Just useful scores would do. In hindsight, that 30 odd in 2nd innings at Galle helped. But just a solitary 30 in 5 innings?!? :nervous: