First-class  20   29  1 1042 205  37.21               1  6        16  0 
List A       55   51  9 1489 142* 35.45 1807  82.40   2  9 130 19 24  0 
Twenty20     27   24  6  752 101* 41.77  514 146.30   1  5  74 34 13  0 

[B]PLAYER B[/B]

Mat Inns NO Runs  HS    Ave   BF     SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St 
First-class  33   57  4 2148 148  40.52               5 11       30  0 
List A       45   45  7 1783 139* 46.92 2197  81.15   6  7       15  0 
Twenty20     19   19  5  436  68* 31.14  387 112.66   0  4 47  8 10  0 

Im not disputing that Shikkar Dhawan is a good player. ... Im just saying that it is ignorant to label Rohit Sharma as 'useless' based on his stats ... He is only 21 years old, stats mean nothing at that age. Look at Ishant Sharma, his stats arent very good, but he is still a very good bowler. You have to look at the skills a player has, and their technique. Rohit Sharma has a very simple technique, nice high elbow, he can play equally well off both front and back foot, and has a wide range of strokes. Add to that a very good eye, and a good temperament. Rohit Sharma is technically one of the best batsman India have produced, and he has all the building blocks to become our main batsman in the future. Remember, he hasnt even played for 1 year yet ... this is still his rookie season ... Don't worry about his stats ... He will improve.
Im not disputing that Shikkar Dhawan is a good player. ... Im just saying that it is ignorant to label Rohit Sharma as 'useless' based on his stats ... He is only 21 years old, stats mean nothing at that age. Look at Ishant Sharma, his stats arent very good, but he is still a very good bowler. You have to look at the skills a player has, and their technique. Rohit Sharma has a very simple technique, nice high elbow, he can play equally well off both front and back foot, and has a wide range of strokes. Add to that a very good eye, and a good temperament. Rohit Sharma is technically one of the best batsman India have produced, and he has all the building blocks to become our main batsman in the future. Remember, he hasnt even played for 1 year yet ... this is still his rookie season ... Don't worry about his stats ... He will improve.
Very good post :two_thumbs_up:

I totally agree with Amits, he is probably one of the more sensible speakers in this forum. Indian selections have never made sense too me and im sure thats the way it will always remain. They persist with the same goats and show a lot of favoritism. Yea sure Rohit has a lot of potential and dont get me wrong he is one of my favorite cricketers but im trying to be fair here trying to give everyone a chance especially if you are backing it up your Domestic cricket averages.Poor Badrinath has suffered so has many players due to the regional politics a player like Dhawan is as good as Yuvraj or even better as he can handle spin very well. Dhawan Gambhir and Sehwag are dashing players they should be tried as the top 3(opening slots and number 3) batsmen in the indian line up once that happens im sure india will pile up the runs very quickly and efficiently. If your giving Yusuf Pathan a chance why not Dhawan who has been one of the best young cricketers in India in the domestic circuit.

I totally agree with Amits' date= he is probably one of the more sensible speakers in this forum. Indian selections have never made sense too me and im sure thats the way it will always remain. They persist with the same goats and show a lot of favoritism. Yea sure Rohit has a lot of potential and dont get me wrong he is one of my favorite cricketers but im trying to be fair here trying to give everyone a chance especially if you are backing it up your Domestic cricket averages.Poor Badrinath has suffered so has many players due to the regional politics a player like Dhawan is as good as Yuvraj or even better as he can handle spin very well. Dhawan Gambhir and Sehwag are dashing players they should be tried as the top 3(opening slots and number 3) batsmen in the indian line up once that happens im sure india will pile up the runs very quickly and efficiently. If your giving Yusuf Pathan a chance why not Dhawan who has been one of the best young cricketers in India in the domestic circuit.
:nervous:

One valid point by @miT$ is that ROHIT SHARMA needs to spend more time in domestics. Cricketers need to play lot of domestics, and fine tune their game there first. Rohit Sharma can be in the squad after a year or two in domestics first. Guys like Dhawan, Badri have done the hard yards in domestics already.

One valid point by @miT$ is that ROHIT SHARMA needs to spend more time in domestics. Cricketers need to play lot of domestics, and fine tune their game there first. Rohit Sharma can be in the squad after a year or two in domestics first. Guys like Dhawan, Badri have done the hard yards in domestics already.
Rohit Sharma has already shown that he can handle international level ... why send him back to domestic cricket? ... I agree that he is not yet ready for tests because he hasnt shown he can make big scores ... but I dont see why he has to be dropped from ODIs. His game in ODIs seems pretty fine-tuned. Some of you guys cant spot talent seriously. You spend way too much time comparing stats that you dont see that this guy has talent written all over him. Not many young cricketers can play strokes like he can ... He has excellent technique and temperament. I urge you guys to stop blindly following stats and look at the strokes a batsman can play. Whats the range of their stroke-play? How well do they time the ball? How good is their placement? Look at these 2 innings Edy_N890ATk&feature=related and 9V3p45jpWDI&feature=related There are certain cricketers that are just made for international cricket. He just seems to have so much time to play his shots.

bharat, We are not questioning his "talent". He has it. But consistency and temperament and adaptability to different conditions comes with experience. Experience that he can hone at domestics. Thats all. These are things that folks like Badri and Dhawan have spent time doing.

bharat, We are not questioning his "talent". He has it. But consistency and temperament and adaptability to different conditions comes with experience. Experience that he can hone at domestics. Thats all. These are things that folks like Badri and Dhawan have spent time doing.
Oh please, what's he going to learn in domestic cricket? How to bat on flat tracks against medium pace bowlers? He probably learned more in the CB series on how to handle bouncy/fast tracks against quality bowling than he did all his time in domestic pitches. He already has good technique and footwork plus excellent fielding. The rest should be learned in international cricket.

thanks rohan495 also, comparing shikhar dhawan & rohit sharma, the stats say it all as i posted earlier. shikhar dhawan is better than rohit sharma. dhawan also has a better technique & is a better fielder as well

The point is this ... given that this is this guys rookie season ... what he needs to prove is that he has the technique and temperament to handle international cricket and whether there is improvement in him. There are certain players that perform much better in international cricket than in domestic cricket. Take a look at Virender Sehwag for instance. When he was dropped from the side, have a look at his scores in domestic cricket. He did hardly anything. Then he comes back into international cricket and bang he's away again. Certain players are just made for the big-time. I agree with sending a player back to domestic cricket if there appear to be certain flaws in his technique that are being exposed, or he appears to be out of form or struggling. However, when you bring a young player into the team, he adapts well to international cricket, plays some good innings ... sending him back to domestic cricket to face weaker bowlers, on flatter tracks will hamper his progress given that he could handle top bowlers on more challenging tracks.

Why no Shikhar Dhawan ? Because he is from the wrong side of the country. There has always been a clear bias against Delhi players in favor of sh ittier, less talented southies. It's all regionalism and zonal bias. Maybe if his name was Shrikarinivasan Dhawanubramaniamnathan, he would have been chosen but alas, he is just Shikhar Dhawan. Delhi should secede from the Indian republic and start their own team and eventually we can invade India

What are you talking about? Wasn't he overlooked for Virat Kohli (another Delhi player ... LOL)? What about Sehwag, Gambhir, Ishant, Chopra, Nehra ... not to mention former players like Jadeja, Amarnath, Prabarkhar, Bedi, Chauhan ? In fact it was Subramanian Badrinath (from the south) that was initially overlooked for Virat Kohli (from Delhi)?

Why no Shikhar Dhawan ? Because he is from the wrong side of the country. There has always been a clear bias against Delhi players in favor of sh ittier, less talented southies. It's all regionalism and zonal bias. Maybe if his name was Shrikarinivasan Dhawanubramaniamnathan, he would have been chosen but alas, he is just Shikhar Dhawan. Delhi should secede from the Indian republic and start their own team and eventually we can invade India
lol-you are drunk today or I am very dissapointed in you my friend.
of course but can we also include Gurgaon so UV can play for Team delhi or can that result in Punjab invading delhi for the stylish left hander