One wish for Yuvi when he plays the 2 Ms

Some people need to relax and chill out. The first two matches are in Dambulla which produces notoriously low scores, I mean in the low 200s, high 100s. Once again people are fixated on the batting when it's pretty clear that the real crucial part in the first two matches is going to be the bowling. Sehwag and Gambhir alone wll ensure we get off to a good start and achieve a good score. The match will be won and lost on bowling/fielding and not how well/poorly one batsmen handles Murali and Mendis.

Gooch practiced it like u said. Incessant practice to make it perfect, and lots of practice from what I've read. If only YS puts in that kind of commitment by reducing his hobnobbing, then he will be a super player not only in ODIs, but also in Tests, and can get rid of that Yuseless tag. However, will he? We'll see - this series is critical for YS.
That comment of yours is useless. You don't know how hard or easy is his training regime. So better stfu, and watch.
No, I was very clear in what I was saying. If Yuvraj waits on the backfoot and hopes to read Mendis off the pitch, he is toast. Thats how unplayable Mendis is, with his pace and two-way spin. Yuvraj's best shot at a) survival and b) scoring is to get out the sweep shot as often as possible, so that Mendis line/length is unsettled. But keep in mind, Yuvraj has to sweep off length and not line or turn. If he thinks the ball is within his range, whether its outside off or leg, off-spin of flipper, he just has to get down on his knees and sweep. Karthik's shot was more of an across-the-line mow over mid-wicket. It wasnt exactly a sweep.
And what makes you think that M&M are gonna just give him balls to sweep ... Brad Hogg figured out very quickly where to bowl to Yuvraj, ... Im pretty sure the greatest off-spinner in the history of the game, and his partner in crime will figure it out too. If his only hope is to play a sweep shot (which you have already said is high risk) ... then thats a pretty bad sign for us. What happens if we're 5/20 after the 10th over ... whats Yuvi gonna do ... sweep, sweep, sweep ??? LOL He needs to have some back-up shots in his arsenal and especially needs a solid defence.
And what makes you think that M&M are gonna just give him balls to sweep ... Brad Hogg figured out very quickly where to bowl to Yuvraj, ... Im pretty sure the greatest off-spinner in the history of the game, and his partner in crime will figure it out too. If his only hope is to play a sweep shot (which you have already said is high risk) ... then thats a pretty bad sign for us. What happens if we're 5/20 after the 10th over ... whats Yuvi gonna do ... sweep, sweep, sweep ??? LOL He needs to have some back-up shots in his arsenal and especially needs a solid defence.
Thats worse than my 45-5 :((
Nonsense. The sweep, if played well, is a mighty effective shot against the spinners.
My point is not to criticise the sweep shop as it is a mighty effective shot if played well , as Hayden shows and exemplified in 2001 tour. My point is to criticise Yuvraj's inability to play the sweep, as he has a long history of getting out to it!
Of course, they will know he will try to play the sweep and adjust their bowling/fielding according to that. Which is exactly why he has play it judiciously and wisely. The important thing here isnt the line of ball, but the length. Yuvraj MUST sweep on length, irrespective of whether its outside off or outside leg.