Ganguly the silent assasin of indian cricket

Rohan495

To Me ganguly was the worst captain of indian cricket. Let me highlight what hes done 1. Left out Laxman for the 03 world cup, One that even the world champions fear 2. Concentrated on developing Yuvraj Harbhajan but didnt bother about the rest of India 3. Biggest non playing captain there was a period where he didnt score runs just because he was the captain 4. Kept a close connection with BCCI villains such as Dalmiya 5. Scored a lot of selfish centuries and half centuries where he wasted so many balls for example against Bangladesh in the world cup 6. Never really dominated world class attacks as he score most of his runs against mediocre weak bowling attacks. Take out Kenya, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and lets see how his average is 7. Never a great test player but some how managed to pull some chords and bring himself back into the cricket team 8. Was instrumental in running so many of his other teammates out 9. Used his agression as a way to manipulate indians minds that he is a batting great 10. A horrible fielder and runner between the wickets -The list goes on

To Me ganguly was the worst captain of indian cricket. Let me highlight what hes done 1. Left out Laxman for the 03 world cup, One that even the world champions fear 2. Concentrated on developing Yuvraj Harbhajan but didnt bother about the rest of India 3. Biggest non playing captain there was a period where he didnt score runs just because he was the captain 4. Kept a close connection with BCCI villains such as Dalmiya 5. Scored a lot of selfish centuries and half centuries where he wasted so many balls for example against Bangladesh in the world cup 6. Never really dominated world class attacks as he score most of his runs against mediocre weak bowling attacks. Take out Kenya, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and lets see how his average is 7. Never a great test player but some how managed to pull some chords and bring himself back into the cricket team 8. Was instrumental in running so many of his other teammates out 9. Used his agression as a way to manipulate indians minds that he is a batting great 10. A horrible fielder and runner between the wickets -The list goes on
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: To Me ganguly was the best captain of indian cricket.from 2000-2005. :two_thumbs_up:
A captain should lead by example' date=' hez been nothing but a selfish, lazy ****[/quote'] yes a prime example of that is Grame Smith. Ganguly was more of a dictator than a captain. Once upon a time i remember he used to be scared to face Shoaib and faked an injury. Ganguly was the worst captain he was just lucky that a lot of players during that period were in prime form such as Laxman, Dravid etc.

Fab Four Averages vs Quality opposition away from the Sub Continent

SRT                     RD                    VVS                            SCG
Australia             58.53                 48.60                  54.05                         34.80
South Africa          40.71                 36.51                41.11                         36.14
New Zealand           41.50                 64.57                  ~                              27.71
England                62.00                 65.35                44.88                         65.35
West Indies            47.69                 70.00                47.52                         40.00

I think thats highly unfair ... Ganguly was given a side that was in pieces at the start of 2000. We had the talent, somewhere but there wasnt the belief ... However under Ganguly's leadership , the Indian team had an attitude and a fighting spirit. He instilled a belief in the team that we could win overseas and suddenly began to challenge top teams. Don't forget he took us to our 2nd best result ever in world cups. Tactically he was a better captain than Dravid. He was also the first Indian captain to encourage the Indian team to stand up to the Aussies. He managed to get under the skin of the Aussies, and we were the first Indian team to really challenge the Aussies in Test cricket in Australia. Many of the points you mentioned above are valid, but to me he will be remembered as a great captain for India. That doesnt mean I dont feel he is out of form now and is on the verge of being dropped ... These are 2 separate issues. Also, it wasnt just Yuvi and Bhajji ... players like Sehwag, Zaheer, Kaif, Gambhir, Chopra, Parthiv, Karthik, Dhoni (yes Dhoni too), Pathan, M.Kartik, all got their chances during the Ganguly era. He took the Indian team from a point where they were 7th or 8th in the world to a point where they were challenging the best teams in the world. The problem was , by the end of the Ganguly era, we were back down again ... but that doesnt mean he didnt do a lot of good things for Indian cricket ... its extremely naive to think otherwise.

Sourav is a better captain than Dravid Dravid is a better batsman than Sourav In Dhoni we have a Fantastic Captain, IMO better than Sourav, Sourav is no longer a captain, Hez 36, a **** of a fielder, an off-on batsman, and more importantly is blocking a slot for a younger deserving candidate Conclusion : Kick Sourav's balls and show him the door

Sourav is a better captain than Dravid Dravid is a better batsman than Sourav In Dhoni we have a Fantastic Captain, IMO better than Sourav, Sourav is no longer a captain, Hez 36, a **** of a fielder, an off-on batsman, and more importantly is blocking a slot for a younger deserving candidate Conclusion : Kick Sourav's balls and show him the door
Again ... its hard to say with Dhoni ... he hasnt even captained for a year yet , and not even in Test cricket yet ... He could be a great captain , but I'll reserve my decision for when he becomes captain at all levels

Quite an uncalled for and biased analysis of Ganguly's captaincy. Like Bharat indicated, Ganguly took charge of a team in shatters and made it into a fighting unit quite quickly. Yes, there are players that he supported, but that's what most captains do. Now our team is playing even better cricket (barring this embarrassing Lankan series). But that does not negate what Ganguly did during his time. However, comparing Dhoni and Ganguly, from what I have seen of Dhoni, I consider Dhoni a better captain.

the same worst captain of indian cricket has a amazing 21 test victories including highest number of away victories under his belt the worst captain also took his team to the world cup final and many other famous wins, apart from backing a number of great young talents like bhajji, zaheer, sehwag, yuvraj etc the worst captain also had a great knack for gettin under the skin of scummbags like you:hysterical:
Ganguly' date='the captain prospered mainly due to John Wright,the coach![/quote'] Explain how ? Cricket is one of those games where a coach can have very little influence in a positive way but a fair bit of negative influence ... Team selection, batting line-up, pitch analysis & subsequent decisions to bat/field, bowling order, bowling rotations, field placings, and various other tactical decisions are left up to the captain. Coaches help drill players in the technique side of things ... other than that a coach doesnt do much at international level.