This is personal now,

Ram

between Mendis and the rest of the Indian batting line-up. Screw all talks of 'I play for my country blah blah blah'... This has gotten to a point where one bowler, less than 4-5 months into his international career, is threatening to derail the repupation of some international stalwarts, guys who have been around for decades, scored thousands of runs and hammered many an attack. There are many brusied egos out there and the mastermind of all those is one guy. First it was the Asia cup, then it was the test series and now, the cycle is getting repeated all over-again. This is a true test of character of the entire Indian batting line-up, especially Yuvraj Singh. He's looked the most awkward the the least likely to survive against Mendis. All those sterling innings he has played so far, those T20 heroics, Broad-Bashing etc is in danger of being washed away permanently. Repeated failure against Mendis means risking a indelible blot on his reputation as an international star. In the coming days, we will truly know what Yuvraj is made of, literally and figuratively. If I were a batsman in the Indian team, I wouldnt sleep till the day I have hammered that bowler into the next galaxy.

the guy is special talent. He will cause damage to other teams as well. Expect him to be quickest to 100 wickets in both ODI and test. After that he will be picked up' date=' but still will take wickets.[/quote'] I dont care how good/outstanding he is. Its gotten to a point where someone in the Indian team has to stand-up and do something. We are beginning to look novices out there, like those ICC grade B teams like UAE, Nepal or whatever. This is humiliating.

don't expect anything from the indian batsman. Gambir and Sehwag will surely hit him. All we have to do is plan out. Winning is more important than getting personal with Mendis. Plan out. Srilanka does not have great middle order. Concentrate on bowling and fielding well. Restrict them to 200-220. and play Mendis carefully. Attack Murali and other bowlers.

Even if it gets personal, I dont think the Indian batting lineup at the moment has the fire in their belly or the aptitude to deal with such high class spin bowling. Things might however change in the next 6-12 months when Mendis gets more predictable. Considering that Sehwag will not participate in this series anymore, I cant imagine anyone from the current lot smash Mendis like the way Kambli once did in a Sharjah ODI or SRT in tests (bar maybe a Gambhir).

I dont care how good/outstanding he is. Its gotten to a point where someone in the Indian team has to stand-up and do something. We are beginning to look novices out there, like those ICC grade B teams like UAE, Nepal or whatever. This is humiliating.
It takes one good mauling of Mendis to turn things around. One innings of 10-0-71-0. But, the way things are going, it may take the birth of another Sachin Tendulkar before that happens :(. It looks like the Indian team is mentally out of it. So, what's Paddy Upton doing?

no Viru no Sachin..so only Gauti can take him on..and Sriram regarding yuvi well its a no contest as i told u the other day..Mendis will eat yuvi for breakfast , lunch and dinner unless a miracle happens and yuvi transforms himself..but i dont see that happening :(( v need to send yuvi up the order maybe even open with Gauti

no Viru no Sachin..so only Gauti can take him on..and Sriram regarding yuvi well its a no contest as i told u the other day..Mendis will eat yuvi for breakfast ' date=' lunch and dinner unless a miracle happens and yuvi transforms himself..but i dont see that happening :(( v need to send yuvi up the order[b'] maybe even open with Gauti
i dont want to see the indian version of shaid afridi. but atm we dont have other choices really

Is it so hard for indian fans to admit that this guy is a rare talent and could be one of greatest spinners ever ?.I cringe every time he bowls at our batsemen but will really enjoy it when he bowls to other bastmen- makr my words ,barring injury mendis will be the greatest spinner ever to play the game.

Is it so hard for indian fans to admit that this guy is a rare talent and could be one of greatest spinners ever ?.I cringe every time he bowls at our batsemen but will really enjoy it when he bowls to other bastmen- makr my words ,barring injury mendis will be the greatest spinner ever to play the game.
greatest spinner imo is someone who outfoxes a batsman with normal orthodox finger / wrist spiiner. only one GREATEST spinner bowler and that is SHANE WARNE. No one can ever dethrone him, EVER.

To win any battle, we need the right weapons... But with no Sehwag and Sachin to face Mendis is like hiding in a plastic tent against a bunker-buster carpet bomb. :D Somehow, somehow, the Indian batsman should summon the courage and resolve to stand-up to this guy.. Every time he comes onto bowl, the concentration should be that much harder, the intensity that much higher and the determination that much steelier. We cant just let one guy streamroll us over an entire series, thats a big insult. SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

greatest spinner imo is someone who outfoxes a batsman with normal orthodox finger / wrist spiiner. only one GREATEST spinner bowler and that is SHANE WARNE. No one can ever dethrone him' date=' EVER.[/quote'] that's what the indian team thought about him too.he is a spinner isnt he?.who cares if he is orthodox or not.who knows ,we may see more spinners like mendis in the short future who is a jack of all trades and be effective too.who cares if he not orthodox or not-tell that to the batmen who has been outfoxed by him.