It wasn't that long ago....

fineleg

Very good thread, we used to be the masters of spin. New generation dont see to have same class in this respect. Alhough to be fair the M and Ms are the greatest spin attack ever!
True M*M are good and great and all that, but doesn't mean we capitulate like a pack of cards.

On a lighter side, in the tunes of bye bye miss american pie A long, long time ago I can still remember How that batting used to make me smile And I knew if I had my chance That it could make those people dance And maybe they had be happy for a while But this SL series made me shiver With every wicket that was delivered. Bad news on the cricket websites I couldnt take one more sight. I cant remember if I cried when I read about the Indian side But something touched me deep inside the day the batting died. So bye bye fab four or five got the backups to the side but the cupboard was dry And them good ol Lankans were drinkin whiskey and rye Singing "this will be the day that the spin kings died this will be the day that the spin kings died" Did you face Murali and Mendis And did you soil your undies Facing those two? Do you believe in reading from the hand Can coaching save your mighty fall And can you learn how to bat real slow? Well, I know that you are scared of him cause I saw you dancin to his whim They both kicked off your shoes Man, I dont dig these blushes and blues. you are a bunch of broken, useless bucks with a spanking and a bunch of ducks But I knew you were out of luck The day the spin kings died I started signing bye bye fab four or five got the backups to the side but the cupboard was dry And them good ol Lankans were drinkin whiskey and rye Singing "this will be the day that the spin kings died this will be the day that the spin kings died" Now we dont know for how long Before we get someone who can bat long But thats not how it used to be

On a lighter side, in the tunes of bye bye miss american pie A long, long time ago I can still remember How that batting used to make me smile And I knew if I had my chance That it could make those people dance And maybe they had be happy for a while But this SL series made me shiver With every wicket that was delivered. Bad news on the cricket websites I couldnt take one more sight. I cant remember if I cried when I read about the Indian side But something touched me deep inside the day the batting died. So bye bye fab four or five got the backups to the side but the cupboard was dry And them good ol Lankans were drinkin whiskey and rye Singing "this will be the day that the spin kings died this will be the day that the spin kings died" Did you face Murali and Mendis And did you soil your undies Facing those two? Do you believe in reading from the hand Can coaching save your mighty fall And can you learn how to bat real slow? Well, I know that you are scared of him cause I saw you dancin to his whim They both kicked off your shoes Man, I dont dig these blushes and blues. you are a bunch of broken, useless bucks with a spanking and a bunch of ducks But I knew you were out of luck The day the spin kings died I started signing bye bye fab four or five got the backups to the side but the cupboard was dry And them good ol Lankans were drinkin whiskey and rye Singing "this will be the day that the spin kings died this will be the day that the spin kings died" Now we dont know for how long Before we get someone who can bat long But thats not how it used to be
You sir, are a poet. I agree with it. Sometimes in life, you get your ***** kicked, and you hold your head up, admit it and move on. These bowlers are going to make a lot of batsmen look stupid in the coming months. On a side note, now that Asif has nothing to do and loads of free time, can we get this guy to "coach" and "train" Mendis for the next few months? :-D