Ranji Trophy, Super League, 2008-09

Chandan

The fastest' date=' which I saw, was 133.4K. I don't think that is fastest in our domestic cricket. I've seen Vijay YoMahesh bowling in 140s but he is qyuite erratic and that is why was dropped from TN XI I suppose. Agarkar can still generate more pace than this fellow. I've not seen Dhawal kulkarni after IPL.[/quote'] I think he did not try to generate pace here. He has bowled at 145 ks in IPL. thats why I said that he is one of the fastest bowler in Dom. Cricket
I think he did not try to generate pace here. He has bowled at 145 ks in IPL. thats why I said that he is one of the fastest bowler in Dom. Cricket
Why? Why would he not try to generate pace here if he has it? Had he bowled at 145ks, he could have blown TN away on a placid track with the chief selector watching the entire match!! This only says that bowling one ball at 145k is much different from bowling a sustained spell of fast bowling. If he had relied on other things too such as movement etc he'd have got many more wickets like Bose and other bowlers rather than just the number 11's wicket in the inning. The guy can occasionally clock to 133 in a spell, otherwise his speed was hovering between 127-130. Mind you, other bowlers, including the TN bowlers were worse in the speed department!
Balaji is in low 120s and Bose in high 120s.
High 120s is not too bad, it is the sort of pace that Stuart Clark and Ryan Sidebottom bowled in domestic cricket prior to their selection and they both upped their pace for international level. Perhaps this is something the selectors should consider if Bose has yet another strong season. Balaji's pace and zip has gone and unlike with Pathan, this is not a mystery. Balaji has gone overly front on to put less pressure on his back; the issue is that this is a 'quick fix' solution as it has cost him pace and outswing. Heck, its changed his style, he used to be 'mid on' between side on and front on, which contrary to popular belief is only a problem if the back and legs are pointing different directions. With Balaji, they were and his coaches spared the albeit further but worth it, effort of changing the leg position to allow the dynamic wicket taker we once knew. Perhaps it was the right solution, perhaps the only feasible solution, but there was theoretically a better way.
I think he did not try to generate pace here. He has bowled at 145 ks in IPL. thats why I said that he is one of the fastest bowler in Dom. Cricket
Why? Why would he not try to generate pace here if he has it? Had he bowled at 145ks, he could have blown TN away on a placid track with the chief selector watching the entire match!! This only says that bowling one ball at 145k is much different from bowling a sustained spell of fast bowling. If he had relied on other things too such as movement etc he'd have got many more wickets like Bose and other bowlers rather than just the number 11's wicket in the inning. The guy can occasionally clock to 133 in a spell, otherwise his speed was hovering between 127-130. Mind you, other bowlers, including the TN bowlers were worse in the speed department!
Bowlers tend to bowl faster in T20 than OD, FC or Test cricket. This is because they will bowl more overs, the longer the form of the game and so they will have to conserve energy further. This is exaggerated further for such a dynamic actions like Dinda's which will tire one out very quickly.

I think he can get his pace up but his problem is being ultra erratic. He needs a good bowling coach I think. In the list of bowlers (seamers) not being tried for ODIs and T20s, I think this guy is the brightest. I haven't seen Kulkarni though after IPL and wish to watch him closely to see how good he is! Can you name other bowlers who haven't been tried as yet and can be tried in shorter format?

Yo Mahesh certainly should not be tried for ODIs or T20' date=' he needs surely to perform at domestic level first. His level is terrible in OD cricket and he was average in the IPL.[/quote'] Not now, Manee! But just to keep an eye on him, because you can see the potential there. Who are the other untried bowlers about whom you can claim the same, at the moment?

Manee? Who are the other fast medium bowlers in India for whom I see potential. Hmm, that is a tough one, tbh, I haven't seen enough of them bowl. I'd like to see Gony groomed into an international prospect but any sort of thinking which claims he is ready now is plain wrong. Gony visibly looks a talented bowler, the only issue I can see is a lack of power in the delivery, it all seems very soft, Tremlett-esque. In a few years, he'd definitely be one to try in the shorter format, as his record in the longer form of the game is poor. Hoping that injuries have not ruined what pace he had in the World T20, I'd like to see Joginder Sharma one day in the ODI team. As Munaf Patel has shown, pace is not everything in ODI cricket. I thought he looked a solid bowler in the World T20 and the issue was that he was bowling a good length at an easy pace; easy to slog but potentially dangerous in the middle overs when batsmen are looking to push ones and twos. I haven't seen him bowl too much but think that AK Argal, the U19 medium pace bowler is a possible OD talent. He does not display blistering pace (which, for U19s is about 135-140kph, he seems closer 125kph) and yet still kept that economy at 2.91 whilst taking wickets at 12.75 apiece. Tbh, despite being keen on spotting talents, I most of the time believe that domestic records should be the primary indicator for selection consideration and absolutely detest FC stats being rewarded with a spot in the ODI team. OD stats for ODI players and FC stats for Test players, seems simple but often ignored and means that a lot of FC stars are squandered after a few ODIs. Take a look at JP Duminy's cricinfo page, he has a superb FC record and has just played one of the best Test innings of all time. However, he was tried in ODIs before and was possibly soon going to be discarded, despite never being a good OD player in domestic cricket. It was only the injury to Prince which gave him his spot.

180 to win, now in almost 60 overs. 47 for no loss right now. promises to be interesting. i was livid with TN for choking in first innings, despite having a better batting line up. let me hope they do justice to their potential. ------------- Bose to Vijay, SIX, An outrageous shot from Vijay! He's fed with a full ball outside off, he steps down the track and smashes it over long-on for a big six loved it. ---------------------- Balaji changed the course of this match. had a good time with the bat yesterday and now a fine spell. way to Go, BALAJEEEEE!