Badri hits winning runs on his debut!...And dropped after 3 ODIs

flamy

Dhoni hates badri' date=' he doesn't want him in the team[/quote'] thats true, one player who makes Indian captain insecure if Badrinath. If he plays a couple of series for India not only will Badri prove that he is a extraordinary batsman but will stake claim to replace Dhoni as captain and also prove that he is a world class wicketkeeper.
thats true' date=' one player who makes Indian captain insecure if Badrinath. If he plays a couple of series for India not only will Badri prove that he is a extraordinary batsman but will stake claim to replace Dhoni as captain and also prove that he is a world class wicketkeeper.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::cantstop::cantstop::cantstop::giggle:
thats true' date=' one player who makes Indian captain insecure if Badrinath. If he plays a couple of series for India not only will Badri prove that he is a extraordinary batsman but will stake claim to replace Dhoni as captain and also prove that he is a world class wicketkeeper.[/quote'] Is this some kind of a joke ??
thats true' date=' one player who makes Indian captain insecure if Badrinath. If he plays a couple of series for India not only will Badri prove that he is a extraordinary batsman but will stake claim to replace Dhoni as captain and also prove that he is a world class wicketkeeper.[/quote'] That is a long shot. I am still unsure whether badri is good enough for odi. So far he has come v.late in the innings. I would give him a couple of opportunities to come ahead and then we can check his calibre. The way it is going, I am afraid he would be considered as a failure even before providing him opportunities.

This match would have been a perfect opportunity for on the players warming the bench. RP Singh, Ojha, Pathan all made it into the team along expected lines. Why the hell was Badri left out?!?:confused_smile: He could have been sent at one drop and seen how he copes. I seriously think Dhoni had a brainfart here or maybe he doesnt like him. Nothing personal, but just not enough confidence - kinda relationship that Ganguly had with M.Karthik - was not given enough opportunities for no fault of his even when Bhajji was sh..yte all along. Here Rohit happens to be Dhoni's boy!

"The players who have done well domestically and on A tours have been rewarded. In the selection process you come across equally consistent players, and it gets tough. That's when you have to make the choice to take you forward. You have to give everyone enough chances, not just a few games. If he can't prove he knows what his mistakes are and can go back and correct those." - Lord MSD. I got the eerie feeling that he's talking about a TN batsman here (and Kohli).

Badrinath has to be given a good run, and he needs to be at 3. It amazes me the selectors still go for Rohit Sharma! Are you kidding me? To be honest, Rohit Sharma reminds me of a young Mark Ramprakash. Mark Ramprakash was in the same mould as Sharma, high expectations, but in the end couldnt deliver. Rohit Sharma has failed to deliver, send him back to the domestic scene. Make him hungry, because from what I have seen, he lacks hunger and drive to be in the ODI squad. If he did have that hunger, he would be scoring big. I laugh when I hear people call the 'next Tendaulker'! Rohit Sharma is nothing what Tendaulker was when he was 19-20 - nothing even close. Drop Yuvray Singh too and play Kohli. Yuvraj needs to go, just as Rohit does. How long is Yuvray going to be living off a couple of big scores? How long is Rohit going to live off that 70odd against Aus in the VB series? I wonder how many people here credit Tendaulker with 40+ of those runs? If Tendaulker wasnt at the other end with Rohit, I SERIOUSLY doubt he would have been in the runs. If MSD cant see that he is holding onto players/combinations, then he is not as great a captain as I thought he was.