Can someone tell me about Gagandeep Singh?

Where is he in relation to selection to the top team? He seems to have one of the best domestic records going around. Living in Australia, I unfortunately dont get to see Ranji trophy matches ... so I cant see whether he is a good bowler or not. Statistically he seems very good. He seems to have paid his dues aswell. What pace does he bowl usually? 120-130? 130-140? Does he swing the ball? Does he have variation? Is he accurate? Can be extract some steep bounce? Is he accurate? Can he bowl long spells?

Where is he in relation to selection to the top team? He seems to have one of the best domestic records going around. Living in Australia' date=' I unfortunately dont get to see Ranji trophy matches ... so I cant see whether he is a good bowler or not. Statistically he seems very good. He seems to have paid his dues aswell.[/quote'] Yes. Statistically he seems to have done well but there is nothing special about him which would excite someone, like Ishant had all of us excited when he had toured England in U-19 and we got to see a little footage of his bowling. What pace does he bowl usually? 120-130? 130-140? He isn't a pacy bowler but since he mostly bowls on mohali track his speed is between 125-130 usually. Sometimes his pace is in 130s as well. Does he swing the ball? Yes. He does swing the ball appreciably. Does he have variation? Not much but then even Praveen Kumar proved so many of wrong by bowling the deliveries swinging both ways as well as having a slower ball. Since not many international class batsmen have faced him, I can't really say how successful he can or could have been! Is he accurate? Yes. Fairly accurate! Can be extract some steep bounce? No. He can't extract steep bounce like Ishant or even Munaf can. Is he accurate? Can he bowl long spells? Yes. He can bowl long spells. The nearest he came to the national squad was when he was chosen in the One Day squad for BD in 2004 but did not get a chance to be in the final XI. But I think if we indeed need bowlers, he can be considered for ODIs which don't have much meaning to at least find out how good he actually is.

Watching him in the IPL (yes, I know there are many things wrong with judging a player in the IPL), he looked slow (115-120kph), ordinary, with little movement and was punished for about 10 runs per over, taking only ta few wickets. Compare this to any international player - they were all much cheaper and picked up many more wickets.