Virat Kohli, our future batting stalwart and the future Indian Captain

Cricketics

You didnt get my point. We produce 'Flat' Beds at donestic cricket as claimed by Most' date=' still we go on to produce world Class Batsmen, unlike the most who produce 'Result Oriented' Wickets.[/quote'] We're on the same point here. I just didn't add the words - "To add to your post". :two_thumbs_up:

He is making a REALLY strong case for the middle-order spot in the WC line-up. The most striking thing about Kohli's recent performances is that he has grown stronger and stronger, even as the rest of the middle-order crowd, with the exception of Raina, have seen their form either stagnate or regress. Gambhir at no.3 was exceptional till a spate of injuries seem to have completely derailed his rhythm. Dhoni is still very good, but only a shadow of what he once used to be. The less said about the Yuvraj, the better. At this rate, it will be VERY VERY hard to keep Kohli out of the ODI side. You cannot go into a WC tournament with batsmen in the all-important middle order spots groping around for form and consistency. You need guys who are in form and rhythm and Kohli is just that. If he makes more runs in this series, it could make things REALLY interesting. I think Gambhir's position in the team is in big danger here.

'Virat can be India captain one day' Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram feels Virat Kohli's century against New Zealand is a good sign for India's future. By Wasim Akram India started their ODI series on a great note against New Zealand. Virat Kohli and Ravichandran Ashwin were, for me, the stand-outs. Virat is really talented. Not only with the bat, he turned it around with his fielding as well. He now looks a supremely confident player. But there is more needed from him. I have long been saying that a batsman is a complete only when he proves himself in Test cricket. Virat has the same challenge ahead of him. His performances in ODIs have been really good, but now time has come for graduation. To be a Sachin Tendukar, a Rahul Dravid, a VVS Laxman is what counts and Virat must have that in his mind all the time. If he works hard on all aspects of his game, he can be a future captain for India, I have no doubt about that. He seems to have all the makings of a leader. Aswin is pretty new to international cricket but he has made his mark in such a short time. What I like about like about him is his cool approach in tense situations. As a bowler he has a lot of variety. I see him doing well in the time to come. Moving to Pakistan, they really surprised everyone in the Test series against South Africa. Who would have thought they will be able to hold off South Africa in two Test matches? Misbah-ul-Haq should be given a lot of credit for the revival. He is a seasoned guy and if the selectors keep faith in him and give him some time to settle he will make an excellent skipper. Although the UAE pitches were dead as a dodo, I am not taking any credit away from the Pakistani team. After what they went through during the tour of England, a drawn series against South Africa was just what they needed. Younis Khan also justified his return by saving Pakistan on a couple of occasions. Tanvir Ahmed also caught the eye with his six wickets on debut but we need to see more of him before reaching any conclusion about him. How can I forget the Ashes! What England have done is fairy-tale stuff. Who would have thought they will be able to save the match after Peter Siddle’s brilliant bowling in the first innings? I do not remember England doing so well when the chips were down. Alastair Cook’s double ton in the second innings has set the tone for the series. Prior to the series opener at Brisbane, I had backed the Three Lions to win the series and after their performance at Gabba I am sure it’s going to be theirs. Amidst kudos for England, one must not forget Siddle, who, I thought, was brilliant in the first innings, picking up 6 six wickets. Siddle is still miles away from being another Glenn McGrath. Whatever may come to pass in the remaining 4 Tests, it is certain, the series is going to be a humdinger. (Wasim Akram is an ESPN-STAR Sports expert)

He has been lucky that got Gautam got injured as much as he did and he was the natural replacement for the no.3 spot. His rise in prominence within the Indian ODI team has been pretty dramatic. What he has done in this year alone, it took Raina nearly 4-5 years to accomplish. And someone like Yuvraj had to wait nearly 5-6 years before cementing his place in the side. It is going to be interesting to see how the team handles the situation going forward. If he keeps scoring the runs at this rate, in the manner in which he is doing it, it is going to be pretty hard to keep him out of the middle order. Who could possibly let go though?

No doubt Kohli is technically and temperementally superb. Forgot the world cup. Its all about wether he should be in test squad and the answer is YES. He has to be and should be in test squad. He looks perfectly suited for test cricket.
nice to see everyone changing there views and wanting Kohli to be the next test batsman as I wanted years before What a superb knock here today.
He has been lucky that got Gautam got injured as much as he did and he was the natural replacement for the no.3 spot. His rise in prominence within the Indian ODI team has been pretty dramatic. What he has done in this year alone, it took Raina nearly 4-5 years to accomplish. And someone like Yuvraj had to wait nearly 5-6 years before cementing his place in the side.
He would have cemented his place quite a while back had he been that lucky the way you mentioned. He was initialliy very unlucky to be dropped again and again for Rohit Sharma. He used to only make it to the side when Tendulkar or someone would rest from a particular series. Now no one can dare to drop Kohli.
No doubt Kohli is technically and temperementally superb. Forgot the world cup. Its all about wether he should be in test squad and the answer is YES. He has to be and should be in test squad. He looks perfectly suited for test cricket.
And replace who? Goddy? RSD? Laxy? or even Viru? :--D
He would have cemented his place quite a while back had he been that lucky the way you mentioned. He was initialliy very unlucky to be dropped again and again for Rohit Sharma. He used to only make it to the side when Tendulkar or someone would rest from a particular series. Now no one can dare to drop Kohli.
Well, that is not a 100% true. He was pretty inconsistent when he first came in. His shot selection wasn’t always the best. It was only during the ODI tournament in B’desh earlier this year that he really started performing at a consistent level.